Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3arena moving from seating to standing section

Options
  • 06-12-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I plan on attending the slipknot concert in jan at the 3arena but the only tickets available are the seating area.

Has anyone had an experience in trying to get into the standing section during a metal/rock concert before? I plan on taking my seat and then moving down along.

Has anyone tried? Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Doubtful you'd be able to sneak down, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Different entrances for seated and standing with lots of securtiy etc etc. I've been in the seats for RATM and Rammstein and found I much preferred it, taking in the whole gig while drinking beers in comfort. I'm old though so that might explain that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

You have the rent-a-cops there who prevent it. And those pricks with their little earpieces and their under-sized black t-shirt with "SECURITY" screen printed onto the front of it are not the most pleasant of people.

Bitter and twisted because the Gardaí, the army, the fire service and the coast guard all told them that they were too overweight/stupid to work for them, so the only gig they can get is being gig security. Even the LUAS rent-a-cops do be laughing at them, and that is low.

They make up for their lack of masculinity and microscopic penis by acting big and pushing people around in a music venue.

Yeah, you can probably guess I don't like security guards/bouncers/private security very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DazMarz wrote: »
    You have the rent-a-cops there who prevent it. And those pricks with their little earpieces and their under-sized black t-shirt with "SECURITY" screen printed onto the front of it are not the most pleasant of people.

Bitter and twisted because the Gardaí, the army, the fire service and the coast guard all told them that they were too overweight/stupid to work for them, so the only gig they can get is being gig security. Even the LUAS rent-a-cops do be laughing at them, and that is low.

They make up for their lack of masculinity and microscopic penis by acting big and pushing people around in a music venue.

Yeah, you can probably guess I don't like security guards/bouncers/private security very much.

They probably don't think too much of you either, i've never had an issue with the security at The Point, the gigs would be chaos without them.

As for getting down into standing it's pretty easy, quite a few ways of doing it, best one is you need at least 2 mates already down in the standing section, work how to do it yourself ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

DazMarz wrote: »

So security guards being security guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

I was wondering the same thing to be honest, would love to get close enough to the stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

tell them the merchandise stall upstairs doesn't stock tshirt or whatever in your size and you can get it on ground floor

actually happened to me at Slash - didnt have full stock upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

scudzilla wrote: »
    As for getting down into standing it's pretty easy, quite a few ways of doing it, best one is you need at least 2 mates already down in the standing section, work how to do it yourself ;-)

Yup, t'is easy, said mates distract RoboCop with silly question, while you breeze past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

kbell wrote: »
    Yup, t'is easy, said mates distract RoboCop with silly question, while you breeze past.

Is this sarcasm or is that really the best you can do?? :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

The rent-a-cops at QOTSA back in 2013 were pulling girls down off lads shoulders in the crowd and being general pricks while the mosh pit was happening, got pulled to the ground by security after knocking my brother by accident. I know it was to try and stop people getting injured but they went about it horribly. That was until 'Make it wit chu' started and the singer Josh Homme told security to go f*ck themselves, mosh pit took off again and security didn't even try to stop it. Such a fun gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TheSegal wrote: »
    The rent-a-cops at QOTSA back in 2013 were pulling girls down off lads shoulders

No harm. They do a great job blocking the view for many behind them. Even worse when some silly bint decides to open out a flag. I've always noticed at music festivals that these people were always a target for many people who would throw their cups of beer at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone know what time the slipknot gig will finish at? Have to sort out transport see.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Someone told me if you have an o2 priority pass you can go to a bar that has a door to standing section? any truth to this long time since I was in the 3 arena.

Advertisement