Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching my Sky card with new box.

• 22-04-2005 6:26pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

My old digibox died on me, so I bought a new (secoondhand actually) digibox.
    However, I have a bit of a problem...
    I cannot watch RTE1, RTE2 or any of my "premium" channels (Sky Movies, FilmFour, Sky Sports etc.), but the strange thing is that both TV3 and TG4 are fine.
    I get the following message:
    This is the wrong card for this Set Top Box.
    Insert the correct Sky viewing card.
    Call 1800 535 767 for assistance.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

You need to give sky a ring to get them to match your card to the new box.
    For some reason TV3 And TG4 and a load of other channels comes in ok with out the card been matched to the box but give sky a buzz anyway.They will ask you for the serial number and the version number of the box.
    That phone number its asking you to ring is gone as far as i know here is there new one 0818 719 819

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I wish you Luck. My decoders power supply died last year so I bought an identical secondhand decoder to replace it.I Rang sky to marry the card to the new decoder and gave them the number from new box etc. They said it would work within the next half hour, It didn't so I rang Sky back they said they would resend the signal. Two hours later still no success . At this satge I was too annoyed to ring them so I replaced the dead Power supply in the old unit with the one from the new one. I didn't expect it to work as I though the card was switched but it did and it is still working a year later.

Maybe I was the exception but it did noting to instill me with confidence in Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Yeah I got that bull when I got a box replaced. On the third attempt, I got pretty persuasive and they actually sent the signal there and then (the channels all appeared before I even got off the phone). So I don't know where they can come up with this crap about it taking 2 hours :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

connect the box up to a phoneline and activate it through that method. Surely its the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Leonard wrote:
    connect the box up to a phoneline and activate it through that method. Surely its the same thing

Unfortunately, this only activates a card. It does not "marry" the card to the box - only sky can do this over the phone, and they have to ask your box serial number, viewing card number, box revision number etc.

• Advertisement

• hmmmm

Any time I've rung sky to marry cards,I've always had it done in less than half an hour.
    Sometimes 10 minutes.
    I've done it several times.

just ring the o818 number on your card.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I usually find the time taken is usually instant, though there are the exceptions. Some cases, it needs a few calls to Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Had this problem with a panasonice box (i have grundig) Sky wanted 10 to come out and fix it.

For that reason i still only have one box with the panasominc gathering dust, it would get "married" but half the channels missing.

kdjac

Advertisement