Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

• 07-02-2008 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Is Josh Brolin the New Terminator?
    Source: The Two-One-Three February 6, 2008

In a new interview with The Two-One-Three, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins director McG hinted that No Country for Old Men star Josh Brolin might play the new Terminator opposite Christian Bale's John Connor.

"We're prepping the picture right now. The script is largely done, whether or not we're able to prep off of it, obviously we want to continue to work on it, punch it up and we're hoping for an expedient finish to the writer's strike. But I've got my fingers crossed that in a week or two it will be over," McG said.

He added that the fourth film will take place "post Judgment day. So there really is no continuation, you know what I mean? Its sort of a different animal, whereas the first two pictures on this thing are Terminators from the future, this picture takes place in 2019."

There's been rumors that John Connor will only be a small part in the film. Not so, says McG. "John Connor's a major player in it - Christian Bale's playing that part."

Asked who his "dream Terminator" would be? McG revealed, "...And there's guys out there like Russell Crowe and Eric Bana, bring a good physicality, they do what they do, but I don't know if they're exactly right at the end of the day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Terminator movie - Arnie = bull spit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Terminator movie - Arnie = bull spit.
    Not to mention:

Terminator movie (post 1991) + Arnie = bull spit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That is also true.

I actually forgot about T3.

My bad!
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No no! Terminitor 3 never happened because im pretty sure that the series has alterted time so that the events in T3 will never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Christian Bale is a great actor but i can't see him as John Connor.

Josh Brolin is on a role after his work in NCFOM and American Gangster.

T1 and T2 were brillant with Arnie and James Cameron.

T3 was awful.

If they make T4 they need Arnie in a cameo role at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Mc G is directing it!!!

list of attrocities

ENOUGH SAID!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Christian Bale is in far too much stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's gonna be a load of crap because McG is a wanker with a wanky name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

They need Arnie and James Cameron back for T4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They need Arnie and James Cameron back for T4

They don't need Arnie. He hardly did anything for T3, so I don't see why his prescence would make this one any different. Cameron won't come back, he feels his story is told, and that everything was wrapped up in T2.

What they need is a good script, and a good director.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hmm Cameron liked T3....didn't see that coming.

Can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like but the last 'big' movie I saw with a music video director manning the helm was I Am Legend, and that was a disaster.

The 'Chuck' pilot was fantastic and a mate of mine recommended 'We Are Marshall' to me.. so he's no Uwe Boll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hmm Cameron liked T3....didn't see that coming.

you didnt see it coming and i didnt see it mentioned anywhere, what makes you think that Cameron liked the movie that made many people look down on the movie series he had made great with the previous instalments?

you didnt see it coming and i didnt see it mentioned anywhere, what makes you think that Cameron liked the movie that made many people look down on the movie series he had made great with the previous instalments?
    Well.. i found this:
    James Cameron's Opinion Of T3: Great

July 7, 2003 — BBC One had the chance to talk to James Cameron (the man who wrote and directed the first two Terminator films) and had this to say about Terminator 3:

In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hoped it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it.

If he had done it, would he have handled it differently:

Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it.
    Christ.. he's nuts!

It was crap... and yet I still own it on DVD - kill me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lizann wrote: »
    Christian Bale is a great actor but i can't see him as John Connor..

the series is changing from the original format, its a far more john connor based movie with him as a kick ass military type person! think of trandflrmers: bale is gonna be more josh duhammel then shia lebeuf!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

basquille wrote: »
    Well.. i found this:

Christ.. he's nuts!

It was crap... and yet I still own it on DVD - kill me! :rolleyes:

well when its in the bargin corner for 6.99 you cant really go wrong.
    or if you want thew first two but 3 happens to come in the same box set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

the series is changing from the original format, its a far more john connor based movie with him as a kick ass military type person! think of trandflrmers: bale is gonna be more josh duhammel then shia lebeuf!

I thought I read somewhere that they are going to try to establish a new character.

User45701 wrote: »
    well when its in the bargin corner for 6.99 you cant really go wrong.
    or if you want thew first two but 3 happens to come in the same box set.
    Yeah, I got it in the boxset for €9.99 on CD WOW!

Contained the 2 disc special editions of the first two.. so had to be bought at that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Brolin would be an interesting choice for a Terminator, but I'm not sure he has the Arnie level of intimidation about him. He could surprise though!

After I had a wee think about it, Bale would be perfectly suited to an older John Conor. Hes a fantastic actor with a great physical presence (see Batman!).

At first, I cried out in horror when I heard that McG might be attached to directing it, but more-so because I feel that this franchise should never have left Cameron. I dont get where all the McG hating comes from though. As a director, he's actually quite innovative. I'm not saying all his movies are class (although I must admit, the first Angels is a guilty lil pleasure :o), but all his TV work has been excellent (OC, Chuck and the supremely excellent Fastlane :D ). Still not sure he's capable of a movie with brains though.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's a bad choice imo. The Terminator is supposed to be this big stocky muscled mofo and Christian Slater is stockier than Brolin. Unless he beefs up a fair bit it'd just be weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

kyub wrote: »
    It's a bad choice imo. The Terminator is supposed to be this big stocky muscled mofo and Christian Slater is stockier than Brolin. Unless he beefs up a fair bit it'd just be weird.

You mean Christian Bale yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a89242/sam-worthington-cast-in-terminator.html

Sam Worthington has been cast in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.

The 31-year-old will play Marcus, a survivor of a nuclear holocaust caused by the self-aware computer network system Skynet.

Worthington's role will reportedly span three films as he becomes a central figure in the human fight against Skynet.

Christian Bale has already been cast as John Connor, the leader of the resistance. The role has previously been played by Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl on film and Thomas Dekker in TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Terminator Salvation director McG was recommended Worthington by James Cameron, the director of the first two franchise instalments.

Worthington will next be seen playing a paraplegic war veteran in Cameron's Avatar, which is scheduled for a Christmas release next year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Robert Patrick wasn't a beefy mofo and he made a great T-1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Arnie might be in this one as a cameo of the guy that the terminator in the first 3 was based on.John Connor main character but new characters will be focused on more kinda like a Ben Hur thingey a me bob(?).
    Really looking forward to it though, plenty of directors have made ****e films and then went on to knock out some excellent flics, so I'd give your man a chance.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Meatwad wrote: »
    plenty of directors have made ****e films and then went on to knock out some excellent flics, so I'd give your man a chance.

I wonder would you have said that had Uwe Boll been given the job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

where has josh brolin come from,another actor whos around for ages, who only makes it big at an older age, he looks much older in the no country then in real life he's only 40?

hopefully this will be like aliens....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

McG, Christian Bale.

Does not compute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Agree, Terminator should be a big brave guy that towers over John Connor, he doesnt have to be the greatest actor in the world or a big name, but he has to look the part...
    Josh Brolin is smaller than me ffs, someone off say Drago's build is needed imo

They casted the wrong guy from No Country Of Old Men anyway, they should have got Javier Bardem, not a guy you will forget quickly, or get involved in a coin toss with :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im actually looking forward to this as the idea of 3 films chronicling johns war againsts skynet brings a nice sense of completion to the franchise.

i hope they stick in things like the first terminators with the rubber skin that stood out a mile. be a nice nod to the first film :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

lizann wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a89242/sam-worthington-cast-in-terminator.html

Sam Worthington has been cast in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.

The 31-year-old will play Marcus, a survivor of a nuclear holocaust caused by the self-aware computer network system Skynet.

Worthington's role will reportedly span three films as he becomes a central figure in the human fight against Skynet.

Christian Bale has already been cast as John Connor, the leader of the resistance. The role has previously been played by Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl on film and Thomas Dekker in TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Terminator Salvation director McG was recommended Worthington by James Cameron, the director of the first two franchise instalments.

Worthington will next be seen playing a paraplegic war veteran in Cameron's Avatar, which is scheduled for a Christmas release next year.

Is he playing the villian?

So now one has been cast as a terminator yet?

I like to see The Rock, Dominic Purcell, Vin Diesel, Karl Urban, John Cena, Shannyn Sossamon, Michelle Rodriguez , The Game and 50 Cent in this movie as Terminators

Advertisement