Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas Red Line C1 extension

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I still don't see why they don't have every second train going to either Connolly or The Point. This whole delta is going to be confusing.
    What way is the Abbey St. Terminus going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I still don't see why they don't have every second train going to either Connolly or The Point. This whole delta is going to be confusing.

there has been no timetable made available yet.

posts by posters like this revel the poster for a scandalous fool

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Answer:
    MarkoP11 wrote:
    Inbound tram would leave Abbey Street proceed past VHI then reverse over the crossover at VHI to the outbound platform.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Xylophonic wrote:
    Looks like the guys have pitched a tent for the night :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I had a hand in organising permits for this to happen just a few weeks ago. THey're going to be removing all of the parking bays on Mayor Street, which will probably piss-off a lot of people that regularly park there. The LUAS is a great success though but each evening I use it I feel like a sardine in a tin-can.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

That would provide only half the number of services to the Point that the rest of the line gets. The delta junction makes it less, rather than more, confusing.
    Kevster wrote:
    The LUAS is a great success though but each evening I use it I feel like a sardine in a tin-can.
    Agreed, particularly central Red Line - unusable most of the time. Have moved out of its catchment now but took it from Smithfield to Abbey on a Sunday a week ago - hadn't been on it in ages, and was appalled to get a 30 metre tram. The upgrade to 40m carriages seems to be taking an interminable length of time to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, it certainly needs the longer trams... Each evening I invariably get squashed-up beside some smelly person or am put in an uncomfortable position whereby my face is not but 1cm from the person in front of me... ...

... ...ok, I have exaggerated but still! :)

kevin.

spacetweek wrote:
    Agreed, particularly central Red Line - unusable most of the time.
    An irony. It can't be used, because it is being used. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭gjim

Dunno why they didn't just ditch the Connolly stop and link Connolly to Busaras and the Luas via a subway maybe with a travellator. Particularly if it started at the DART platforms, this would probably be easier and quicker for the majority of passengers as well as providing integration between Busaras and Connolly for non-Luas users. Amiens St. isn't the easiest to navigate with luggage. The Busaras and Connolly stops are only about 150m apart anyway and having a straight run-through from Store St. to Mayor St. would be operationally simpler and quicker - saving journey time and d*cking about with the driver having to switch ends.

• Advertisement

gjim wrote:
    Dunno why they didn't just ditch the Connolly stop and link Connolly to Busaras and the Luas via a subway maybe with a travellator. Particularly if it started at the DART platforms, this would probably be easier and quicker for the majority of passengers as well as providing integration between Busaras and Connolly for non-Luas users. Amiens St. isn't the easiest to navigate with luggage. The Busaras and Connolly stops are only about 150m apart anyway and having a straight run-through from Store St. to Mayor St. would be operationally simpler and quicker - saving journey time and d*cking about with the driver having to switch ends.
    Good point but there is no room for the portals for such an arrangement at Busaras Luas Stop and in any case Connolly is enough of a primary destination that a dedicated stop is justifiable.

I was down there the other day. I wonder if they will finish the north side of the street and do service diversions (I'm not sure if there will be much, all the buildings on that side of the street has been demolished) on the south side and return to do road finsihes and track or will they finish off the northside of the street first.

Lots of the safety signage is being ignored by some traffic that is contra-flowing on the one way street, following the old directional signage.

The centre of Geoges Dock Bridge is open to pedestrians and cyclists, with work being done to finish off the footpaths.

http://www.rpa.ie/?id=359
    Luas Line C1 Morning Open Forums
    National College of Ireland - IFSC, Docklands, Dublin 1.

Thursday, September 13th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, September 27th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, October 11th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, October 25th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, November 8th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, November 22nd 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, December 6th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs
    Thursday, December 20th 2007 - 0730hrs - 0900hrs

Advertisement