Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

After joining up about a month or so ago. Some of the rewards are just plain outrageous for the time you spend on the online surveys. Haven't given my ph number. The highest I've gotten for a survey was €2.50. My profile is complete on the website and was wondering how you get to do the invitations for the large surveys and the ones like the drink diaries etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Beckham Microscopic Barrel

After joining up about a month or so ago. Some of the rewards are just plain outrageous for the time you spend on the online surveys. Haven't given my ph number. The highest I've gotten for a survey was €2.50. My profile is complete on the website and was wondering how you get to do the invitations for the large surveys and the ones like the drink diaries etc.

Do any beverage surveys they give you and drink a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Was on it a year before I was offered a diary type survey or one with a reward bigger than 5 euro, even at that they are very rare (about one a year) 2.50 is one of the better "rewards" most are 1 - 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Have been using mysurvey and Irish Opinions for a while now especially the later. Have never had any problems with Irish Opinions but went to redeem my first voucher from MySurvey and got a e-mail saying it was confirmed and I would receive my Amazon voucher by e-mail within a week but 3 weeks later and numerous e-mails I still haven't received it. I sent e-mails through their contact page on site and also to the girl who sends out the survey but have not had one response from either.

MySurvey seems to be a scam so I would advise anyone to stay clear of them.

I'll update this if I get any response from them as I decided yesterday to re-send the e-mail every day as I'm not going to let it go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I have been using Irishopinions.com for a number of years and all of a sudden my account was deleted from their system. I have close to £50 of amazon vouchers waiting to be claimed and they are ignoring me. :mad:

I have sent countless requests, but the one person there who seems to deal with them is Isabel, her address is isabel@irishopinions.com and she doesnt reply to any requests and neither does anyone else.

Anyone any ideas how I can get this sorted?

I was planning on using these vouchers for someone's Xmas present and which obviously hasnt happened now as I am sitting here wondeing what to do. :(

Tox

• Advertisement

In the T&C's it says

3.1 The Member warrants:
    3.1.1 that they are 16 years old or over;
    3.1.2 that they are resident in the Republic of Ireland;
    3.1.3 that they shall not register with Irish Opinions more than once;
    3.1.4 that they will not attempt to answer a survey more than once, either by using more than one name or more than one email address to enter into a survey;
    3.1.5 they will be honest in their approach to the research, for example they will not provide confusing or meaningless answers.

and that termination will result:

4.1.1 immediately on written notice if you are in breach of this Agreement;
    4.1.2 at any time by giving you 30 days notice by email; or

4.1.3 if you fail to take part in surveys in any twelve month period.

So it seems that they have to inform you of termination, if you havent breached any of the terms its probably a technical fault, though I just checked my account and its fine, I always claim the Amazon online vouchers as soon as it hits 10 euro in case anything happens like you describe, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I have sent countless requests, but the one person there who seems to deal with them is Isabel, her address is isabel@irishopinions.com and she doesnt reply to any requests and neither does anyone else.

Tox

I'm sorry to hear that you lost 50 quid. IMHO, Isabel is just a name made up to make this business more legit and 'personal'. I don't believe someone like that works there. Anyway this is the only contact email to them. They are lazy in replying. I got my voucher faster than reply to my email. Hope they will answer your question soon!

In early December there was a 2 weeks long survey with offer for 10EUR. I completed it day by day but didn't get the credit. I am really pi55ed off with that one as I spent a lot of time on it. Anyone had same issue?

selsun wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that you lost 50 quid. IMHO, Isabel is just a name made up to make this business more legit and 'personal'. I don't believe someone like that works there. Anyway this is the only contact email to them. They are lazy in replying. I got my voucher faster than reply to my email. Hope they will answer your question soon!

In early December there was a 2 weeks long survey with offer for 10EUR. I completed it day by day but didn't get the credit. I am really pi55ed off with that one as I spent a lot of time on it. Anyone had same issue?

If you mean the alcohol one I actually just got paid for this today, noticed when I checked at 2pm. I am actually at 19.75, from that and some other ones, I am due on another 4, why cant they round it off to beyond 20 so I can get a Amazon voucher for that amount, I find it really irritating, one 4 euro one I'm owed for is from 2nd Dec for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

just dont give out your number simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

If you mean the alcohol one I actually just got paid for this today, noticed when I checked at 2pm.

Got it too :D Requested my third voucher already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

selsun wrote: »
    They are lazy in replying. I got my voucher faster than reply to my email. Hope they will answer your question soon!

That is so true. I find that i get my vouchers within 2-3 weeks but they are useless at replying to emails and following up with things!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanofdbush

That is so true. I find that i get my vouchers within 2-3 weeks but they are useless at replying to emails and following up with things!

When I order Amazon vouchers from Irish Opinions, I get them instantly and then just apply the voucher code immediately to my amazon.co.uk account. Like someone else said earlier, as soon as my IO balance reaches 10 euro I claim the reward and get a 9 pounds sterling voucher for Amazon.

I've only had to contact Irish Opinions (the ubiquitous Isabel) once but she / they replied with a few days, which was fine...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

In the T&C's it says

3.1 The Member warrants:
    3.1.1 that they are 16 years old or over;
    3.1.2 that they are resident in the Republic of Ireland;
    3.1.3 that they shall not register with Irish Opinions more than once;
    3.1.4 that they will not attempt to answer a survey more than once, either by using more than one name or more than one email address to enter into a survey;
    3.1.5 they will be honest in their approach to the research, for example they will not provide confusing or meaningless answers.

and that termination will result:

4.1.1 immediately on written notice if you are in breach of this Agreement;
    4.1.2 at any time by giving you 30 days notice by email; or

4.1.3 if you fail to take part in surveys in any twelve month period.

So it seems that they have to inform you of termination, if you havent breached any of the terms its probably a technical fault, though I just checked my account and its fine, I always claim the Amazon online vouchers as soon as it hits 10 euro in case anything happens like you describe, good luck.

I havent breached anything, everything I did was within the rules.

They just continue to ignore me and its really starting to p*ss me off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Just did a survey on dominos from them, on the last or one of the very last questions, right at the very end, they ask for job and number of people in the family and its suddenly full

Still no reply for Irishopinions after 2 months of this bullsh*t... Guess they really don't give a damn about loyalty to someone who has been doing surveys with them for years.. :rolleyes:

So at this stage has anyone any suggestions apart from calling over to London to their head office and kicking up blue murder??? :pac:

• I have 3 x 10 euro tesco vouchers outstanding dating back to 01/12/2011.
    I sent 2 mails to Isobel and got the automatically generated reply
    Sorry delay in receiving vouchers will be sorted im the coming WEEKS.
    I am already waiting 11 weeks and they are sorting it im the coming weeks. I did 41 surveys to get this amount all very time consuming.
    Its a disgrace as the company get well paid and they give us a pittance and when they do they delay as long as possible.
    Once I get this lot of delayed vouchers Im out.
    It is a scam.

Wonder if they are winding down, haven't had a survey in about a month or even a notification of a possible one, used to get up to two and sometimes 3 in a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Wonder if they are winding down, haven't had a survey in about a month or even a notification of a possible one, used to get up to two and sometimes 3 in a single day.

No. Don't think so. I'm still getting offers of 1 or 2 a week although I haven't done one for ages. They're so long now & repetitive.

No. Don't think so. I'm still getting offers of 1 or 2 a week although I haven't done one for ages. They're so long now & repetitive.

They must have gone off me so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ruudong

i finaly got up to 10 euro after 4 months and now my account is not active

what a scam as soon as u make enough money to take out your off there data base

what a load of ****

• Advertisement

I got 4 surveys in 4 days last week so they certainly aren't winding down. Go onto your profile and see if your profile is complete.

I got 4 surveys in 4 days last week so they certainly aren't winding down. Go onto your profile and see if your profile is complete.

Just tried to log in for first time in about 3 weeks, account has been deleted, ah well not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I've been on this site since 2007 and gotten a heap of vouchers off them in that time. About a month ago I took out €110 in amazon vouchers as I was getting a new laptop and thank god I took it out because I went to log into my account today and my email address is no longer recognised by their database!?

Only had about €7 or so in the account but imagine I still had that €110 in it! I would have lost the plot!

emailed them but from what I've read some person named "isabel" will send me some automatic response email and that'll be the last I'll hear of it, not going to bother signing up again!

leggit wrote: »
    I've been on this site since 2007 and gotten a heap of vouchers off them in that time. About a month ago I took out €110 in amazon vouchers as I was getting a new laptop and thank god I took it out because I went to log into my account today and my email address is no longer recognised by their database!?

Only had about €7 or so in the account but imagine I still had that €110 in it! I would have lost the plot!

emailed them but from what I've read some person named "isabel" will send me some automatic response email and that'll be the last I'll hear of it, not going to bother signing up again!
    Yeah, it seems as though the best way to go about it is cash your vouchers asap and dont accrue them for risk if letting that happen to you. I've gotten €30 worth of voucher off of them and have another €10 to be claimed once they process them.

Hmmm. I just logged in there to finds that my username and password are incorrect. I could log on earlier today no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Just tried to log in as well & I'm suddenly not on their database. Although they sent me a survey yesterday. I'll email 'Isobel' but don't hold out much hope of a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I have 3 x 10 euro tesco vouchers outstanding dating back to 01/12/2011.
    I sent 2 mails to Isobel and got the automatically generated reply
    Sorry delay in receiving vouchers will be sorted im the coming WEEKS.
    I am already waiting 11 weeks and they are sorting it im the coming weeks. I did 41 surveys to get this amount all very time consuming.
    Its a disgrace as the company get well paid and they give us a pittance and when they do they delay as long as possible.
    Once I get this lot of delayed vouchers Im out.
    It is a scam.

Pretty much same for me too, though it was late December that I ordered mine. I'm ignoring their plentiful requests for more surveys until these vouchers come through.

• No they are not winding down. I did two surveys last week and the results of the surveys were on the news last night re how the recession is hurting people and what they are cutting back ON. The exact questions were asked. They are getting huge money for this and giving us pittance or should I say not giving us pittance.
    Maybe we should contact the people they are conducting the surveys for and let them know they are not paying us.
    Yvonne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Pretty much same for me too, though it was late December that I ordered mine. I'm ignoring their plentiful requests for more surveys until these vouchers come through.

My Tesco cards arrived in the post today!

They must have gone off me so!
    I tried logging in today and all is back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

Mine arrived today also. :)

Advertisement