Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Things, Pictures, Media and so forth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I certainly would be... Croatia is one of the nicest countries I've ever been: the weather is glorious and the sea is crystal clear. I'd take that over filming in Iceland / Northern Ireland any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

frankroacheblueheaven.png

Conleth Hill From Frank Skinners Blue Heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I bet the other actors (esp Bran's little team and Arya) get a bit jealous of missing out on all the craic that must be had with the lively King's Landing cast...
    I doubt it. They're too young to have much in common with a bunch of late 30's +

Sophie and Maisie are really good friends and they hang out whenever they can. Maisie mostly films in Northern Ireland and she was saying it's not very glamorous as it rains most of the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Are Lena Headey and Pedro Pascal getting it on?! Any time I see a picture of them they're very close/all over each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

They'd certainly produce good-looking kids!

Pedro Pascal did an AMA on reddit yesterday:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/26gtvt/i_am_actor_pedro_pascal_i_play_oberyn_in_game_of/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Are Lena Headey and Pedro Pascal getting it on?! Any time I see a picture of them they're very clsoe/all over each other.

I thought the exact same!
    Kinda cute haha

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thought this was decent, the guy is based in Clare I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

celica00 wrote: »
    I thought the exact same!
    Kinda cute haha

If you google his images, there is quiet a few pictures of the two of them which makes you believe there is more going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Are Lena Headey and Pedro Pascal getting it on?! Any time I see a picture of them they're very clsoe/all over each other.
    Rumour is that Cersei and Bronn have to be kept apart. Not very fond of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

So that's why the Kingsguard got in Bronn's way last season:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Rumour is that Cersei and Bronn have to be kept apart. Not very fond of each other.

Didn't realize they were an item before. Jaime won't be happy, I mean, Lancel is one thing but...

Didn't realize they were an item before. Jaime won't be happy, I mean, Lancel is one thing but...

Damn! He was tapping Cersei ?!! Bronn done alright for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Next it'll be Moon Boy if she keeps up like this!

Now that its out in the open, nice little comic strip here (based on the book) of last nights action.

WARNING : Do not click if you havent watched last night's episode, The Mountain and The Viper.

[URL=]http://mccomseycomix.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-red-viper-vs-the-mountain-that-rides-a-12-page-comic/[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mc9XjUv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

irO48hm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Murlough bay is in northern ireland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPpnCvCZvw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

irO48hm.gif

Should have been a similar scene in last night's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

10325724_901173313242042_966565822264546510_n.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Interesting video about the visual effects in the show: http://vimeo.com/100095868

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Interesting video about the visual effects in the show: http://vimeo.com/100095868

Saw that video over the weekend. It shows how much of the budget is spent on CGI, not just on the major set pieces, but pretty much every outdoor scene uses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

For those who like to indulge in cosplay... :D
    It's so pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very impressive Robert vs Rhaegar cosplay....

HzcmVNT.jpg

VfeF6LQ.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/z7yNQ

More pics in that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

J. Marston wrote: »
    Very impressive Robert vs Rhaegar cosplay....

More pics in that album.

Holy shít they are works of art. We need a prequel...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GerB40 wrote: »

Definitely.

Usually I hate prequels but a Game Of Thrones one couldn't fail. So much brilliant backstory to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

J. Marston wrote: »
    Definitely.

Usually I hate prequels but a Game Of Thrones one couldn't fail. So much brilliant backstory to work with.

It's unique in the sense that the history of Westeros is often more interesting than the current events. Even Dunk & Egg was marvellous and that was a very centralised story. Realistically though, if there ever was a prequel it would be ghost written. There's no way he could write a satisfying, comprehensive story about pre Roberts Rebellion considering a) he has other books he plans on finishing, b) he wants to venture into sci-fi and c) he says he wants to get into television in more than an advisory role.

Actually now that I think of it b) and c) could be the same project... Regardless, unless GRRM lives to be 150, I doubt a prequel will happen. And I really hope does.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

GerB40 wrote: »

I just read this after posting this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

GRRM must be really stuck, he's doing ads for AIB.

356933.jpg

Advertisement