Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Activate a New FTV Card

Options
  • 30-03-2005 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got a new FTV card from a friend who is living temporarely in London He ordered the card and got it on the post at his london address.
    I have my digibox working fine without the card in the Basque Country.

Now, I have inserted the card and I can now see channel 998 and 999 (which were encripted before sky welcome channels...) but ITV1 C4 or C4 do not appear, and ITV2 is still encripted, it tells me to contact sky (or something like that blue screen with 04 message)

should I ring them? if so which number, should I wait a bit longer, should I restart the box...? what do I need to do to activate the card

any ideas are welcome.
    Thanks
    gaizka

Comments

You will need to keep the card in the box.
    Ring your friend and give him the serial number, the version number and the card number and get him to ting the number on the back of the card.
    They will ask for those details off him(he will say he's in the office and the wife is at home and is clueless about how to wok the sky box but that it is urgent that he see's some programme or other on ITV when he gets back and no later)

They will send an activation signal to the card.
    At no time should your friend mention you or where you are obviously.

Should work in a few hours then, but keep it on over night if necessary with the card in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭gaizka71

Hi
    sorry I forgot to update this,
    I followed your advice and everything is working fine now.
    Thanks
    gaizka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

gaizka71 wrote:
    Hi
    sorry I forgot to update this,
    I followed your advice and everything is working fine now.
    Thanks
    gaizka

better late then never !!

If only everyone was as considerate as you are and updated their threads .

Happy viewing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Don't know whether it's new, or whether it's to do with the updates, but my source was asked for the software details as well as the seriel and version numbers of the box. Can't remember what else, but basically everything on Services, 4, 5....

Like I say, don't know whether this is a new extra check or whether it's while the software updates are going on....

Advertisement