Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A big move

• 02-07-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I've been thinking about moving to a place near Nenagh, we're in Dublin at the moment.
    My child would be going to secondary school, is there one that would be a non faith based one?

The other issue is with me being Gay, I'm worried about being "the only gay in the village".

Any advice on local groups or tips would be greatly appreciated too :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

There are 3 secondary schools in Nenagh.

Vocational School (Co Ed), CBS (Boys) & a Ccnvent of Mercy (Girls).

I don't think religion is compulsory in any of the schools but they would all have a christian ethos.

I don't think you'd be 'the only gay in the village', I laughed when I read that.

You will find narrow minded people everywhere, but in my opinion Nenagh is a fairly liberal town, I know gay people in Nenagh and there is one guy that walks around town wearing womens clothes on a daily basis, without any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wont be any issue what school you send your school. CBS/St Marys probably better schools than Vocational any way.
    On local advice/tips what areas do you want advice? Restaurants/Pubs etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Nenagh is a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

dar100 wrote: »
    Nenagh is a kip

Hi dar100,

Nenagh is not perfect, I don't think the OP was looking for a 4 word answer to the questions they asked.

Rather than continue on here about the pros or cons of your perceptions of Nenagh would it not be a good idea to start a thread on the Nenagh forum as to why you believe Nenagh to be a kip, or were you just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Hi

I don't really think you're in a position to speak on the OP's behalf. Also, given that you are not a mod, you don't get to tell me what to write, my tip to the OP is that it is a kip, and to stay away from it.

I'm hardly trolling, go check my other posts. Now, that's more than four words, but I'm still saying the same thing:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod:If you want to discuss Nenagh, please open a new thread. Trolling, back-seat moderating and being provocative is worthy of a warning/infraction. Please get back to the OP questions or don't post in this thread again.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

Hey, thanks for the responses.
    It turns out my new job will actually be closer to Ballinahinch .

I've had a look at Nenagh secondary school and it seems nice and my daughter loved the town when I brought her to have a look around.

I don't suppose anyone knows of there is a
    school bus that goes in to Nenagh?

After 8 years of school runs I was really going to be done with the daily drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Hi Rere,

Welcome to Nort Tipp. I live near enough to Ballinahinch. I'd highly recommend the Secondary school in Newport. Easier to get there than Nenagh. My oldest kid did fairly well there and is about to start his second year in UL soon.
    My second will be starting 2nd year and our youngest will be going to the same school when the time comes.

PS. I wouldn't be worried about being the only gay in the village......... Thankfully, these days, 99% of people will be accepting.

Baza.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

baza1976 wrote: »
    Hi Rere,

Welcome to Nort Tipp. I live near enough to Ballinahinch. I'd highly recommend the Secondary school in Newport. Easier to get there than Nenagh. My oldest kid did fairly well there and is about to start his second year in UL soon.
    My second will be starting 2nd year and our youngest will be going to the same school when the time comes.

PS. I wouldn't be worried about being the only gay in the village......... Thankfully, these days, 99% of people will be accepting.

Baza.

Thanks so much Baza :-)

Advertisement