Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Good win last nite lads. AFC West looking v poor this year, it's anybodys for the taking.

He's an excellent running back. :confused:

I wouldn't call Reggie an 'excellent' running back.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Yeah well chuffed with the result over the "Squealers", Leslie. Oddly enough in terms of Teams I dont like, they would be top of my list, even moreso than the AFC West rivals. We got a break last night and now to face Denver next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Great win for your team last night gents.

I absolutely love seeing the Steelers getting beat.

<3<3<3 RUN DMC. Really hope he stays healthy for you.

Great win for your team last night gents.

I absolutely love seeing the Steelers getting beat.

<3<3<3 RUN DMC. Really hope he stays healthy for you.
    I hope so too Silver-Tiger. This hasnt changed anything for us, we're still a fairly one dimensional offense with a depleted Secondary on Defence so I would imagine we wont be seeing too many results like yesterday, but it was still sweet! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Good win yesterday but I've no idea how we did. Our steam is still like swiss cheese. While our division sucks I think winning it is still an outside bet but I wouldn't be surprised if 8-8 wins the division again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Good win yesterday but I've no idea how we did. Our steam is still like swiss cheese. While our division sucks I think winning it is still an outside bet but I wouldn't be surprised if 8-8 wins the division again.

9-7 is my guess. Thank **** too with the Schedule.

Worried about facing ye lot next week to be honest, though we're due against ye in Denver, well overdue.

spiralism wrote: »
    9-7 is my guess. Thank **** too with the Schedule.

Worried about facing ye lot next week to be honest, though we're due against ye in Denver, well overdue.
    I'm bracing myself for a roasting from the Broncos. Manning against a lousy secondary?? Hmmmmmm :(

Manning has looked poor. Also looking at our secondary we've played off a lot because we are afraid of the deep ball but that's something so far that Manning has not been able to do. I'd expect to see press man coverage with the safeties playing high. God only only knows if that will work though. We've a great recent record at Mile High but I certainly wouldn't be confident of a win, this one could really go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭golfball37

God that was painful to watch. We really are a poor outfit this season.

• Advertisement

I'm bracing myself for a roasting from the Broncos. Manning against a lousy secondary?? Hmmmmmm :(
    Well it was a roasting and it was awful to watch, jeez, it seems like we are back with Lane Kiffin again as head coach. Well done to Denver, they played a great game but from our point of view, it sucked.

I think I prefer losing like we did against the Broncos than losing like we did against the Falcons.

At least we showed signs of improvement. That loss was hard to take but if we can build upon it, then it will be worth it. Palmer, the interception aside, looked like the QB we envisaged when we signed him. Look how we could move the ball with a healthy receiving corps. Goodson looked good when running (could he be better suited to Zone Blocking?) but having Huff as a Cornerback is killing us - we need our starting CB's back on the field.

The Schedule does look a bit easier now, Jacksonville, Kansas City and the Buccaneers are all games that the Raiders could win, assuming they play like they did on Sunday. But we'll see. It was nice to watch a game and see your team still in with a shout towards the end of the game.

Well, Raiders play the Jaguars this weekend, anyone have any thoughts on how the game might go?

Well, Raiders play the Jaguars this weekend, anyone have any thoughts on how the game might go?

Jags haven't won on the West coast since 2004 so that bodes well. Gabbert is fairly poor and seems to get rattled easily in the pocket to which will help our poor pass rush. This is a game where we really should be able to stack the box and just concentrate of stopping MJD. I'm never confident of win with the Raiders but this is about as close I'd come. Jags defense hasn't been great this year either and that's usually their strength.

I'm hoping that the Rush Defence will step up Sunday and negate MJD, And that the offense gets a chance to show itself and impose itself on the game. It would be nice to see that we have made progress and that things are starting to click.

We got lucky with MJD going off injured in first quarter. I went to bed before half time so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the result this morning. Palmer was pants for the time I was watching, 1 good completion to DHB but that was it. McFadden wasn't having much joy either.

I can't wait to watch the 2nd half later now to see where we improved.

Lets be clear about this, Jacksonville lost this game, we didnt win it. We played far better in the game against Atlanta but a win is a win. Chiefs up next and I'm not confident about that one to be hoenst.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Raiders just signed Aaron Curry. Guy hasn't lived up to his lofty expectations but he is still young. I think it could be a good pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    Raiders just signed Aaron Curry. Guy hasn't lived up to his lofty expectations but he is still young. I think it could be a good pickup.

I thought they signed him last year? must have released him then picked him back up...

• Advertisement

Any news on McFadden? Sunday was utterly depressing watching our Rush defence crumble time after time.

spiralism wrote: »
    I thought they signed him last year? must have released him then picked him back up...

Yeah he's been a Raider, he was on PUP no?, can still remember the hype about him on draft day. Amazing how some guys seemingly with it all just don't make it. Vernon Gholston is another example.

Will be very interesting to see how you go in Baltimore. There are nowhere near the team they used be.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yeah he's been a Raider, he was on PUP no?, can still remember the hype about him on draft day. Amazing how some guys seemingly with it all just don't make it. Vernon Gholston is another example.

Will be very interesting to see how you go in Baltimore. There are nowhere near the team they used be.

Tru dat [excuse the pun] but if the young Ray Rice can Rush for 200+ yards with impunity against us what will the actual RR do?

Ravens problems are all on defence. Ed Reed isn't 100% fit and the rest of the big names are out.

Yea Curry was on the PUP list. Been a Raiders for a year now, traded for him during the season last year. He was an excellent prospect when he came out but didn't life up to it. He was a bit different to Gholston though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Ravens are pretty near the team we used to be. Flacco's getting it done when it counts, and I've always had that opinion of him. The defense is awful shaky, but brilliant at holding teams to field goals, and if there's one thing I'd fault your offense for it's the amount of field goals you have to kick.

Aaron Curry's really not that bad a player at all. Labelled a bust because he wasn't magnificent, but this isn't the first time a "bust" has come to Oakland and had a successful career.

matthew8 wrote: »
    The Ravens are pretty near the team we used to be. Flacco's getting it done when it counts, and I've always had that opinion of him. The defense is awful shaky, but brilliant at holding teams to field goals, and if there's one thing I'd fault your offense for it's the amount of field goals you have to kick.

Aaron Curry's really not that bad a player at all. Labelled a bust because he wasn't magnificent, but this isn't the first time a "bust" has come to Oakland and had a successful career.

He's not a bad player, not sure he'll stay long with the Raiders due to his contract contract. He'll be the type of player who could be a starter for a good few years more in the league.

Curry's been cut. Thought he'd last until the end of the season but with McClains charges being dropped and Curry having two PI fouls in about the first 3 plays of his return speeded everything up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I seem to be posting a lot about punters lately!

Was reading up on different teams offseason needs

Is Shane Lechler going to get released?

I hadn't heard of Marquette King before but it seems they stashed him on IR

With the team tight against the cap is Lechler going to hit FA?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I seem to be posting a lot about punters lately!

Was reading up on different teams offseason needs

Is Shane Lechler going to get released?

I hadn't heard of Marquette King before but it seems they stashed him on IR

With the team tight against the cap is Lechler going to hit FA?

Yea Lechler is definitely gone I would think. Even if we weren't tight on cap I doubt Reggie is the kind of GM who'd give a punter good money anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Sounds like Seymour's contact has been voided. That's over $13 million in dead cap space next year. Probably had to be done, but strange that with Palmer likely taking a pay cut, the biggest cap hit on the team next year will be a player who doesn't play for you anymore.

Advertisement