Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two rads cold

Options
  • 22-06-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Drained down system to fit new pressure relief valve at boiler. Job good. Refilled system and vented all rads that needed it. Strangely, all the downstairs rads (6 of) did not require bleeding whereas the upstairs 5 did. All good so far and all rads piping hot. Checked about 2 hrs later and two of the upstairs rads almost stone cold!!!Tried re-venting these two but only cold water came out, no air. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Try turning off all the rads bar the two that are not working, also turn off the balancing valve in the hotpress (gate valve on the return pipe). Turn on heating, give it 15mins and check the two rads, any air that was in the pipework should now be out. Turn back on all rads and balancing valve (only crack the balaning valve open, dont open it fully)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

Thanks for reply. I'll give that a try and report back...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

martineire wrote: »
    Try turning off all the rads bar the two that are not working, also turn off the balancing valve in the hotpress (gate valve on the return pipe). Turn on heating, give it 15mins and check the two rads, any air that was in the pipework should now be out. Turn back on all rads and balancing valve (only crack the balaning valve open, dont open it fully)

I've done as you suggested and it worked... up to a point! The two rads got hot then cold again then hot and stayed hot? Only problem I have now is the towel rail in the bathroom....I can't turn on the valve, seems to have stuck in closed position...one problem after another!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Happy days so, as regards the towel rail take off the cap on valve and use a adjustable spanner to open the valve (be careful not to snap off the spindle tho)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Dont forget your inhibitor!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement