Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBeep, I would not be putting up with that! My bf's ex tried it one night just after we got together, but she's made her bed :rolleyes:

Like Das says, you don't have to 'have it out' with her, just tell her that you have noticed, it's inappropriate and it makes you uncomfortable. He's with you, not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

If she's not the centre of attention it's the end of the world like :rolleyes: and sure he's friendly to everyone and actualy has no clue what she's doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

What to do, what to do?

So, I went on a date on Friday. We got on great, he had me HOWLING laughing all night. Had a smooch at the end of the night and he asked me did I want to do something on Saturday. We ended up driving to Laragh (in his Porsche, natch), had a fab lunch, drove all over Wicklow on the way back, didn't get home til after midnight. Had another smooch in the car when he dropped me home

Anyway, here's the kicker - I'm just not entirely sure how much I fancy him. I think he could be a grower, but I really don't want to lead him on either. He's asked me out again on Thursday night and I've said yes, but I'm really afraid I'm setting up an expectation in his head for something that might never happen.

Aggghhhhh, I so thought I was past all this!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    What to do, what to do?

So, I went on a date on Friday. We got on great, he had me HOWLING laughing all night. Had a smooch at the end of the night and he asked me did I want to do something on Saturday. We ended up driving to Laragh (in his Porsche, natch), had a fab lunch, drove all over Wicklow on the way back, didn't get home til after midnight. Had another smooch in the car when he dropped me home

Anyway, here's the kicker - I'm just not entirely sure how much I fancy him. I think he could be a grower, but I really don't want to lead him on either. He's asked me out again on Thursday night and I've said yes, but I'm really afraid I'm setting up an expectation in his head for something that might never happen.

If you dont feel anything by the third date then maybe he's not the one for you? (I just realised I havn't gotten to wear my 3rd date dress in months :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

How long before you get a house? i cant get past level 5 :( says i have to wait :(

I got stuck there as well, you have to pick up a shopping list on the ground at Diagon Alley, then go to Gringots Bank to get money, then go to all the shops and buy the stuff on the list. Then it'll let you into the Hogwarts bit and you get sorted into a house there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What to do, what to do?

Just go with it and meet him again and see how it goes, if there's no spark then least you know, do people here actually do the American "third date=sex" thing? Its good he can make you laugh though, making a girl laugh is really underrated when it comes to upping your fanciable level, works for me anyway.

krudler wrote: »
    Just go with it and meet him again and see how it goes, if there's no spark then least you know, do people here actually do the American "third date=sex" thing? Its good he can make you laugh though, making a girl laugh is really underrated when it comes to upping your fanciable level, works for me anyway.

That wasn't even on my radar!!! I just meant an expectation of an on-going thing, ha ha!

Jesus, Krudler, I'm panicking even more now...!

That wasn't even on my radar!!! I just meant an expectation of an on-going thing, ha ha!

Jesus, Krudler, I'm panicking even more now...!

oh haha I thought thats what you meant, just tell him if you don't see it going further, personally I'd rather be told than have that thing where the other person just stops texting or ignores you, thats just headwrecking. I much prefer when people are honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Looks like all first years starting this year in my daughters secondary school will need ipads, got the letter today. Have to attend the meeting next week.

Its doesnt say who has to pay for ipads or the books.

If we the parents have to pay for ebooks as well as ipads your talking of like over 1000 euros.....

Hope they are offering some sort of incentive...
    will find out next tuesday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Looks like all first years starting this year in my daughters secondary school will need ipads, got the letter today. Have to attend the meeting next week.

If we the parents have to pay for ebooks as well as ipads your talking of like over 1000 euros.....

You are frickin' joking!
    That would be a ridiculous requirement on the school's part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why kiss someone twice if you dont fancy him? That's not really fair on him, Honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

When you're at the meeting you should ask them if they've checked out all the pros & cons. The school that my nephew is starting in September were planning on rolling out ipads as well, but they decided not to because after talking to a few schools who've tried it, the cons outweighed the pros. Apparently lots of screens were broken (ipod/iphone screens break easily from my own experience) and not all the books they would have been using are available on ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Also, why do they have to be iPads? There are plenty of decent tablets out there without the Apple price tag. It's a bit much insisting on them if they won't help you to pay for them :eek:

Kiera wrote: »
    Why kiss someone twice if you dont fancy him? That's not really fair on him, Honey.

Cause I don't actually *know* whether I fancy him or not! I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm not a bad person, I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Cause I don't actually *know* whether I fancy him or not! I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm not a bad person, I swear!

Haha i know you're not. There must be something that you keep going back to.... Eyes, lips, shoes..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Your not a bad person. Sometimes there is no attraction straight away. Go on the second date but if you're still questing yourself after then you'll know the answer already, you can't force it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Kiera wrote: »
    Haha i know you're not. There must be something that you keep going back to.... Eyes, lips, shoes..... :)

If he has all 3 you should totes give him a chance

A girl I know who's doing Music in TCD had to buy a brand new Macbook to be able to do her course, something to do with the programmes they needed working better on them. Cost her one thousand euro :eek:

There's a school here that are currently rolling out ipods, free to all 1st and 2nd year students. It's a deis school so it gets a good bit of funding...

EmilyO wrote: »
    A girl I know who's doing Music in TCD had to buy a brand new Macbook to be able to do her course, something to do with the programmes they needed working better on them. Cost her one thousand euro :eek:

My housemate doing music technology spend 3 grand on a 27" iMac...

• Advertisement

I got stuck there as well, you have to pick up a shopping list on the ground at Diagon Alley, then go to Gringots Bank to get money, then go to all the shops and buy the stuff on the list. Then it'll let you into the Hogwarts bit and you get sorted into a house there.

I got Griffindor...

:D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My housemate doing music technology spend 3 grand on a 27" iMac...

Bet its a nice one too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's crazy! The course I'm thinking of doing in september costs over 3 grand... if they added in a requirement like a macbook/ipad, I simply wouldn't have the money. :eek:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    There's a school here that are currently rolling out ipods, free to all 1st and 2nd year students. It's a deis school so it gets a good bit of funding...

My daughters is the colaiste muire in ennis. I wont be 100% on what is going on till next week...

If its free it would be great, :D

Gryffindor :D

Gryffindor :D

I got carried away on here and burnt my potion..... :rolleyes:

My daughters is the colaiste muire in ennis. I wont be 100% on what is going on till next week...

I wonder if they will suggest renting? Secondary school books cost a fortune...it'll be interesting to see if books v ipad would end up being a similar price. My son does the majority of his work on the computer/laptop as he's not good at writing things down. He still has 3 years of primary school so I'm presuming by the time he moves on, ipads will be the norm.

To think that we used to practice our letters on little blackboards:pac:

I hope ipads and tablets do become the norm in school, the amount of weight we had to carry to school was crazy at times, thats how you know youre old "back in my day in school.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    I hope ipads and tablets do become the norm in school, the amount of weight we had to carry to school was crazy at times, thats how you know youre old "back in my day in school.."

My bag was so heavy that I had to be driven to school, a 30 second drive, 7 minute walk, because to do the walk twice in one day was torture.

My mouth hurts, haven't eaten yet today because of the few bland soft foods I have nothing appeals :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would worry that spelling and handwriting would suffer if the majority of work is done on a computer/tablet.

Lighter schoolbags would be great though. In my day.... ah, crap, I'm old!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement