Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

The good ones like AdAway and Adfree require root I believe. Kicking myself that I didn't root when I first got my phone. Couldn't face doing it now and losing everything.

Adblock doesn't require root but only works with wifi and even then I had problems on my Nexus 7.

OT lol I just found this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

I use adfree needs root to edit the host file have it for while so don't known if you still can get from the playstore!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

smackyB wrote: »
    I personally think it looks awful, doesn't follow any of the Android design guidelines. If you're after train times be sure to check out the companion app for next bus dublin I made :-) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextTrain

Just reading this now, I've been using both of your apps for bus and train for ages now and I think they are really well designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hey, any recommendations on a good SMS app for S2? The main feature I am looking for is the ability to specify a different tone for delivery reports, finding it annoying that I cannot change this on the default app.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Installed The Jump last week & haven't been able to put it down.

w1dzWVkKqwV5Vv5Zvxj3W7xu1s1j_nZ7bBv-3l2pBnVFwu201PI85QWW3-FfayOy4KE=w705

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

KoolKid wrote: »

Am I the only one that is dead sick bored of these types of games? It started with Temple Run, now every game is temple run with a different theme :confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Am I the only one that is dead sick bored of these types of games? It started with Temple Run, now every game is temple run with a different theme :confused::pac:

They aren't my cup of tea either really. A lot of them just remind me of those old 3d Tomy games I used to play.

KoolKid wrote: »

w1dzWVkKqwV5Vv5Zvxj3W7xu1s1j_nZ7bBv-3l2pBnVFwu201PI85QWW3-FfayOy4KE=w705

This was made by some boardsies was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Cap! I've read only good things about it. Pity the latest version ain't compatible with my Nook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What is difference between moon+ and aldiko? Been using aldiko for past 3 years, and it's as solid as they come really..

According to LifeHacker's Nook tutorial Moon has a bit more features to justify the higher cost of its pro version. Now just what those features are I'm afraid I don't know! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Dunno if ye knew but since last week Google Play Books now allows you to upload your own PDF and EPUB files ;-) I used to use Moon reader, Aldiko and Montano but have just uninstalled them all as I personally love the Google solution! It was a pain before you could not import your own books but that is sorted now.

Cheers,
    M

Sacramento wrote: »
    This was made by some boardsies was it not?

I think deVore spearheaded it with some other boardsies working on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

The good ones like AdAway and Adfree require root I believe. Kicking myself that I didn't root when I first got my phone. Couldn't face doing it now and losing everything.
    You don't lose anything when you root a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Howlin1 wrote: »
    You don't lose anything when you root a phone.

maybe not when you root it but when you install certain roms important apps don't work.such as Ulster bank and imdb never worked right after i did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

On some phones do you not need to first unlock the bootloader before rooting, which wipes your phone?

Have a Sony live with walkman rooted but bootloader still locked. Affects installation of various roms but can still use titanium, adfree and the like with no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah bootloaders really not a big issue, I never bother anyway.

• Advertisement

The Galaxy Nexus I have requires the bootloader to be unlocked before it can be rooted. Needless to say it wipes everything. I still did it last weekend though. The NRT allowed me to backup all my apps beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone use twheel for twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

What's the deal with navigation? It seems to be gone off my phone and all I'm getting is the beta version!

Thanks Cap! That Printershare Mobile cost me €10 a few weeks back..picked up Documents to Go for free to salve the wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That bundle is fantastic. Delighted when I saw it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

crazygeryy wrote: »
    maybe not when you root it but when you install certain roms important apps don't work.such as Ulster bank and imdb never worked right after i did it.

I've had 3 different rooted phones over the last 3 years and never had an issue with IMDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

And I've never had an issue with the UB app, running CM10.1 and rooted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement