Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL London Games 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

2rc7f2p.png

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Leslie91 wrote: »
    U found an Indian with NFL on the telly? where? pray tell....

https://maps.google.com/maps?cid=9328876657944142118&q=Moore+Spice+(1966)&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=0&iwloc=A

Hope that works...was handy for the loo actually during the tailgate and wasn't a bad spot for afterwards. But we did stay an extra hour in the stadium but we were that "corporate" level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

These steps.........

13464_wembleypark.jpg

The cops have crowd controls barriers to funnell fans into the station and out of the area when games are over. Just before you go under that flyover on the right of the above picture, there are steps on the left hand side that are blocked off by cops. There are also barriers at the bottom of the steps blocking off access. That's the area I was talking about in my earlier post. There are a a couple of hotels about a 2 minute walk away. Tell the cops you're staying in one and they'll let you through no problem.

Ah gotcha. We were talking about diff stations. I use the Wembley Stadium one over near the IBIS all clear now!!.

BKWDR wrote: »
    https://maps.google.com/maps?cid=9328876657944142118&q=Moore+Spice+(1966)&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=0&iwloc=A

Hope that works...was handy for the loo actually during the tailgate and wasn't a bad spot for afterwards. But we did stay an extra hour in the stadium but we were that "corporate" level

Excellent thanks... that is good to know about. We've gone to the Green Man as we know the games will be on the telly there but we'd be starving.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Excellent thanks... that is good to know about. We've gone to the Green Man as we know the games will be on the telly there but we'd be starving.

Yeah in fairness we didn't eat there but others were, was a large screen (projector) showing the Chargers game and more telly screens around the place too. Good atmopshere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Do we still believe more tickets will be released for these games closer to the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Do we still believe more tickets will be released for these games closer to the time?

Usually around late July/August time the last of the tickets are sold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

mickmc7 wrote: »

I'm hoping so! They usually release more tickets in August/September when the teams playing send back their unsold allocation, but tickets for the Jags/Cowboys game were released last week, but none released for the other 2 games. I'm banking on a few tickets for the Lions game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Byrnish

Does anyone know when the tickets are usually sent out for these London games?
    I'm going to the Falcons-Lions game and it's my first trip over to a Wembley game so not sure when to expect the tickets to hit my doormat!
    Anyone else flying over on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Byrnish wrote: »
    I'm going to the Falcons-Lions game and it's my first trip over to a Wembley game so not sure when to expect the tickets to hit my doormat!

They usually arrive about 2-4 weeks before the game. Flying over on the Saturday to Gatwick at 9am

• Advertisement

Byrnish wrote: »

Normally posted, but twice I've had to collect at the box office

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/whats-on/sport/nfl-in-london

Is my understanding of this that the Regent Street carnival / street party will only be run for the Dolphins / Raiders game?

Anyone going over this w/e?, I'm going, will be in GreenMan after, sporting Ryan Mathews jersey if anybody wants to chinwag over a cold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone know how many days before the match you receive the tickets? First time heading over this year for one of the games and just wondering how many days before the match will the tickets arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Was yer man singing the American National Anthem trying to imitate Bleeding Gums Murphy's version.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Anyone know how many days before the match you receive the tickets? First time heading over this year for one of the games and just wondering how many days before the match will the tickets arrive.

Got an email saying the tickets will be out ten days before game

Was yer man singing the American National Anthem trying to imitate Bleeding Gums Murphy's version.

God he was ****e.

Adamocovic wrote: »

I think nearly everytime I've been over, I've had to collect tickets at the box office, which is annoying, cos it takes about an extra half hour:mad:

infacteh wrote: »
    I think nearly everytime I've been over, I've had to collect tickets at the box office, which is annoying, cos it takes about an extra half hour:mad:

My tickets arrived today :D

My tickets arrived today :D

Did u buy them on the first day of sale? Mine can't be too far away so

• Advertisement

Tickets arrived today too! (falcons / lions)

paulie21 wrote: »
    Did u buy them on the first day of sale? Mine can't be too far away so

No, I bought the returned tickets, about a month ago. Now let's hope Megatron is fit!

Bought Club level a few days in i think...can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Mine landed today too, bought them about a month ago from the returns sale. Hope all stay fit now.

Tickets arrived this morning :D

I am so fcuking psyched about this game!

Whats Megatron looking like for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Looks like Megatron might sit out this weekend, hopefully that gives him time to be healthy for London. It would be an awful pity to miss out on seeing him.
    Also looking forward to seeing Julio Jones. Two massive wideouts going head to head and two QB's that like to throw, sounds like a recipe for a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tickets are stuck to fridge. Can someone remind me to take them with me when I'm going :)

Started to get excited now, hope it's not miserable weather...

My arrived this week round Wednesday/Thursday, thank god for that!

Came with a leaflet pretty much saying no bags are allowed in the stadium, bit disappointed with that but can't complain too much!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what band is playing at pre-game or half time for the Lions/Falcons game?

Advertisement