Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon Tea Dances in Dublin

• 22-04-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello there

Could anyone give me some advice on where there are tea dances in Dublin?

My aunt met a woman who told her there was a good tea dance somewhere off Parnell Street.
    I though maybe she meant Barrys Hotel but it's been years since I noticed any ads about it.
    She would love to go if we could find out if there is actually one on around town as she is new to Dublin and loves a bit of fun.

Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Han

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No idea off hand but I know the Miscellanous section of ads in the Herald has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

These guys might know. Let us know if you find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sylvia Dona

Did anyone find out about a tea dance in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

How about line dancing instead? You don't need a pardner! :) I think it would be much more fun but I don't know of any places that do it these days. It used to be very popular.

Would this do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

That looks fab fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Slight thread hijack:
    There is a forum request in at the moment for Dancing. Just thought some here might be interested in supporting the proposal.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057200145

Julius, have you taken any of the classes? I'm mildly tempted even if just to freak out Mrs.Goat. I didn't even dance at our wedding. :eek:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

No, I'm still being kept hostage by a mortgage so can't go. But I've threatened to learn proper dancing since god was young, I'm still waiting :-(

But oh I do love a good dance! Of any kind! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mrs.Goat is about to take up some bellydancing classes. Good for her back apparently.
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement