Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Headshot wrote: »
    lol that app has made me laugh so many times

mg the stuff I say in my sleep

"I do not know sir, I do not know"

wtf like lol

Last night: "Don't worry, It'll be awesome"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Last night: "Don't worry, It'll be awesome"

:confused:

Wish I had it on last night, might explain why I woke up in a fit of laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭SteM

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but it was on another thread.

box.com have an app in the android market, at the moment you get a free 50GB lifetime upgrade when you install the app and register for their cloud storage service (similar to dropbox).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

another nod to box for the free 50gb.
    well worth signing up for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    another nod to box for the free 50gb.
    well worth signing up for
    @SteM & hawkwind23 - Thanks for the tip! Wasn't sure if i would be able to get extra storage, as I was an existing web user. But I downloaded app, logged in and immediately got the 50GB - nice one :)

wildwolf1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! Wasn't sure if i would be able to get extra storage, as I was an existing web user. But I downloaded app, logged in and immediately got the 50GB - nice one :)

Great.... But what is the file size limit for uploads??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

madmoe wrote: »
    Great.... But what is the file size limit for uploads??
    100MB for this promotion

wildwolf1 wrote: »
    100MB for this promotion

Bummer! Way too low for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Another kairosoft game, Dungeon village is out, if you've played game dev story you know the drill

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.bouken_en&feature=apps_topselling_new_paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

ShaneU wrote: »
    Another kairosoft game, Dungeon village is out, if you've played game dev story you know the drill

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.bouken_en&feature=apps_topselling_new_paid

... ah crap. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Anyone know of a good free app for editing mp3 tags? Ideally one where you can tag whole albums at once

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Crucifix wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good free app for editing mp3 tags? Ideally one where you can tag whole albums at once

In addition to this, does anyone know an app that downloads album art?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Crucifix wrote: »
    The_B_Man wrote: »

Not an app but a free pc program called Tagscanner is what I use before I transfer the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A paid app poweramp does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Im putting up launch controll up again,I use it everyday and saves having loads of icons on the home screen,it keeps it very organized!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dreamdom.launchcontrol&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kcmVhbWRvbS5sYXVuY2hjb250cm9sIl0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

The_B_Man wrote: »

Free app '3' by Filipe Abrantes does this - nice UI too

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone know of an app that can compress stero sound into mono? I need to listen with just one ear, but I dont wanna miss out on parts with very clearly stereo mastered tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone take a look at Helicon Remote?
    Remote control app for DSLRs. Live preview is slow but not a bad Beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Jayde Dazzling Broom

I'm looking for a timed profile app.

Anyone have any recommendation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I'm looking for a timed profile app.

Anyone have any recommendation?

tasker can do that and a lot more.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just a +1 on Triple Town mentioned a few posts back. Very addictive game and challenging too. I was delighted with a 80,000 point score last night but see achievements for scores of something like 10,000,000 :eek:

You'd really need to be paying for this one though, they give you a certain amount of moves and after that you have to wait for them to build up or buy unlimited moves for 4.99 I think. Not a bad business model, similar to the Detroit crack dealers - Get 'em hooked, then charge them for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

For anyone with a tablet, this is a great app, came across it on XDA

Overskreen:Floating Browser
    "Gone are the days of trying to switch back and forth, and wasted screen real estate. OverSkreen Browser can live on top of your screen, above any of your other applications and allow you to use your device’s other features while browsing ! Enjoy the desktop experience on your Android device !
    View and interact with multiple instance at once. Device with OverSkreen enable true multi-tasking, utilizing the screen real estate to let users browse the internet."

Features :
    ☆ Multiple instance
    ☆ Truly floating : move, resize or minimize
    ☆ Adobe Flash support (Android 3.0 and above)
    ☆ System wide bookmarks
    ☆ Built-in Desktop/iPhone/iPad/Honeycomb/Froyo user-agent
    ☆ Suggest-while-typing URL bar

hKqB8etB9ocEC1ycVNfVLNs1agSssYD_lnvu4dqiXj5QenE4UN_3RyrzN447vP4LNEQ

On sale for 1.50 on market, well worth it!!
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.airbrowser

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Looking for an app to block adds coming trough on my notifications bar, looked up a few in the market but they all needed your phone to be rooted.

Looking for an app to block adds coming trough on my notifications bar, looked up a few in the market but they all needed your phone to be rooted.

Why not just uninstall the app causing the ads? 99% of them have an alternative that isnt a spamwhore

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Why not just uninstall the app causing the ads? 99% of them have an alternative that isnt a spamwhore

How do I find out which app is causing the ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Grassey wrote: »

"Gone are the days of trying to switch back and forth, and wasted screen real estate. OverSkreen Browser can live on top of your screen, above any of your other applications and allow you to use your device’s other features while browsing ! Enjoy the desktop experience on your Android device !
    View and interact with multiple instance at once. Device with OverSkreen enable true multi-tasking, utilizing the screen real estate to let users browse the internet."

Features :
    ☆ Multiple instance
    ☆ System wide bookmarks

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/14/cyanogenmod-looks-to-integrate-onskreens-cornerstone-and-bring-true-tablet-multitasking-to-cm9/

free, open source, already available in some roms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Saw that before and was hopeful, but then a week later the guy in cyanogenmod who was looking to implement it posted this

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106527379151691513977/posts/3hkAaD6eah4

basically saying that they are dropping implementation as "the code base is immature" and would require too much effort to patch it into cm9.

So at the moment it doesn't look like it'll be implemented in the short term, so 1.50 isn't going to break the bank while I wait for it to get implemented into CM7/9

How do I find out which app is causing the ads?

Airpush Detector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Grassey wrote: »

Features :
    ☆ Multiple instance
    ☆ System wide bookmarks

hKqB8etB9ocEC1ycVNfVLNs1agSssYD_lnvu4dqiXj5QenE4UN_3RyrzN447vP4LNEQ

Decided to splash out for this as I'd saved a few euro on the latest market sale (see other thread here). I'm very impressed. Looks very good and seems very smooth and quick.
    Still a few issues to iron out but worth buying it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement