Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with touch site

• 08-07-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed a problem with the touch site over the last few days and I'm wondering is it something up with my phone or are others experiencing it.

In the list of my forums, some forum names have the asterisk beside it, indicating that I have unread posts in there, even though I have read everything. The only way I can get rid of it is if I "Mark all forums read".

Also, threads seem to "forget" where I left off last, and when I click them they sometimes leave me back a few pages from where I actually left off.

It was happening when using iOS 7.1 and when I updated to 7.1.2 it's still happening. I've tried clearing history and cookies etc but to no avail.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Same issue here on iOS. Also, a bunch of old stickies have suddenly started appearing as unread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Any news on this?
    It's extremely irritating trying to use the touch site while this problem exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Happening to me as well, was coming in here to report it. Using a moto g

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's still happening for me too, but I don't think there's anyone monitoring this forum at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Happening for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Slightly connected to this, if you go to the last post in a followed thread, it marks it as read. But if you go back to a previous page in that thread, it then marks it unread again. Weird!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Slightly connected to this, if you go to the last post in a followed thread, it marks it as read. But if you go back to a previous page in that thread, it then marks it unread again. Weird!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Same behavior as above happening for me too for the last while on Windows Phone 8.1 with various browsers. I just wasn't sure how I could describe it before now.

I know you guys are pretty stretched at the moment but any news on this? It's still the same. I've updated to iOS 8 and it's still the same.

Sorry to bang on about this but it's 7 months on and the same problems still exist and there still hasn't even been a reply here from the Site Dev team. I appreciate there are other things going on but are there any plans to take a look at the touch site again or has it been abandoned in favour of the app development?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Can I check with you if the forums that say they have unread posts have sub-forums? If there are unread threads in a sub-forum, then the parent forum will show as having them too.

The "last read" issue I haven't been able to replicate yet to try and track down what might be causing it, but I am looking at it now.

• Advertisement

It happens on all forums, Dav. It doesn't only happen on ones with sub forums.

If I were to mark After Hours as read, for example, and then went back to a previous post I made in AH, let's say from last week, when I go back to AH again there will be a load of threads with bold titles indicating that I have unread posts in those threads. Sometimes even the charter is marked as unread even though it may have been months or even years since it was edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, strange one, I'll see if we can replicate it and/or if the lads have any ideas what the source might be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement