Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any one Beta testing EVE?

• 22-01-2003 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭

I've just been asked to :D

had totally forgotten id signed up for it a year ago.

Anyway, what im wondering is any 1 else here ebta testing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ah you lucky bastard. Isn't it a clause in most beta testing contracts that if you tell anyone that you are a beta tester you get kicked off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Only in huge games Thorbar, but i doubt anyone on boards would go crying anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I wouldn't exactly describe EVE as small now, but you're right I doubt anyone would go sqealing, I'd say you'd only get pulled off the beta if you did an interview for a magazine or big site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

i read the NDA. afair it only said if you describe or tell about anything in the game.

hefty dload tho. 250mb on my poor isdn, hope its worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Yep, I got an invite aswell. I'm going to wait until the weekend, and use a friend's ADSL connection to D/L it.

It'll be interesting, since I'm playing EnB at the minute, though I'm well aware the games are complete poles to each other. Still. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They still accepting signups?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i got invited to but not going to able to download 250MB on 56k ahh well back to hitman2 i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

decided to use the college facilities to speed up my dload :p
    will play it get i get home, cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

i got invited to but not going to able to download 250MB on 56k ahh well back to hitman2 i guess.

Anyway for you to let me take your place? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sorry someone beat you do it.i know its agaist the rules but as someone said no one is going to tell on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

it would be cool to be invited to beta such a game. B-K-DzR, if i was accepted into such a beta, i would be playing as adnans and in the Lurmarg constellation mining my ass off. irishgeo, if youre not gonna play the game, have you considered giving your login to someone else ;)

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Game refuses to work for me, wont accept my login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Has anyone tried Earth and Beyond? there is a demo that gives you 5 free days.
    the problem is that its 1.2Gb to download and i dont know if you can use it as the full version if you choose to continue your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I was accepted for beta..but won't be able to play.

First PM gets the login. :)

Gone now. Enjoy Logic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

If I were in the beta, I'm quite sure the NDA that I may have had to sign would prevent me from saying so.

*cough*

Advertisement