Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skyrim- The dreaded unresponsive mouse

• 26-07-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Sup guys, I've just bought Skyrim on my Laptop, (A game which i had borrowed before for the same laptop previously from a friend and it worked fine.)

So i'm getting this problem where when i move my mouse in game, it takes a good 0.4-0.5 seconds for the game to respond. It's really agitating if i'm honest and i've no idea why it's happening.

I've done a lot of research the past few days and it turns out a lot of people have had this issue. They all say the same thing. "Replace iPresentInterval=1 with a 0 and bMouseAcceleration=1 with a 0, That disables Vsync and Mouse acceleration" Now i've done it in both Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini, Then individually.

I've found some people say "Do it in Libraries/Documents/MyGames/Skyrim" and others say "Steam/SteamApps/Common/.../Skyrim"

I'm really tired and annoyed at this crap, I've spent money on this and it's doing my head in, I've tried everything that I can find works for other people but it refuses to work for me..

Can you guys shead some light on this for me PLEASE!!! Thanks! :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

never had that problem at all myself, before you start changing settings check the official skyrim forums to see if there's a fix for it there first, afaik skyrim requires steam on PC so it may indeed be the steam folder you need to change setting in. But like i said, try the forums linked above first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

never had that problem at all myself, before you start changing settings check the official skyrim forums to see if there's a fix for it there first, afaik skyrim requires steam on PC so it may indeed be the steam folder you need to change setting in. But like i said, try the forums linked above first

Cheers for the forum mate, I checked a lot around in there but haven't really found anything to really help, is there some sort of anti lag software that if need to download that'd help it anything.

I don't have all my specs with me atm (ill update this later )as I'm away from my pc but from what I can recall its an i5 processor with 6Gbs ram and an nvidia GeForce 520mx 1gb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The minimum specs are
    Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    2GB System RAM
    6GB free HDD Space
    Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
    DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet access for Steam activation

If your machine meets those, it'll run well at the lowest graphic settings - If you're getting graphic lag with the cursor i might try lowering some of the settings. But to be safe, ask on the skyrim forums as they would have the more technical side of things covered.

The minimum specs are

If your machine meets those, it'll run well at the lowest graphic settings - If you're getting graphic lag with the cursor i might try lowering some of the settings. But to be safe, ask on the skyrim forums as they would have the more technical side of things covered.

Yeah my specs are definitely higher than the minimum, I've run the game with over an average 30 frames and no input lag before, I'm just confused as to why the steam version isn't working the same way.. Thanks though, I'll check with the skyrkm forums later !! Cheers mate

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you any mods running when you're playing? Changing the skyrimprefs.ini file needs to be done in both libraries/documents/mygames/skyrim and steam/steamapps/common/skyrim.

Are you running full screen or windowed mode?

• Advertisement

Toots* wrote: »
    Have you any mods running when you're playing? Changing the skyrimprefs.ini file needs to be done in both libraries/documents/mygames/skyrim and steam/steamapps/common/skyrim.

Are you running full screen or windowed mode?

I've actually managed to solve the problem, Btw the answer to your above question is yes :)

I downloaded a program called anti lag or something that you put into the directory of Skyrim's .exe application. Works a treat !

All it does is limit the max FPS of the game and the amount of frames rendered in advance whilst playing !

Thanks a million guys !

Advertisement