Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current server - down ?

• 23-01-2003 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

When's Server gonna be Updated or changed ?
    I know that "Nordlock-public-161" is on (HK D&D rules - hard)
    but ... the seldom time that i dont die when confronting something - i get 0 xp.
    Also - i had allot of stuff bought but after i came back to the server it magically dissapeared :/
    so im stuck with a tower shield.... naked ....
    Just wondering Whats gonna happen with it?

I know we all started new chars on the other vault n stuff - i was just getin used to it :P
    Neyway, No NWN since last nite :F - going temporarly insane.¬¬
    - Light

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

HAHAHAHA!

happened to me too! I didn't even have a towershield left :)

had to create 4 chars till one worked. Well... it's still a very tough module. But I'm starting to find my way around on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Bah Light and I were all equiped for WW III and just setting out then bang server dead :/

Furzy

I managed to get 2000 bucks by killing rats and beetles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Server is back, but you know that already since you're playing on it.

btw what do ppl think of Nordock as a mod ?

very well coded and the skill-system is just fun...
    but that's it: it's fun. It's not useful at all :/

it's hard to make some decend money on the module and get some decent XP (damn, most of us didn't manage to get to lvl2 within 2 days now...)

All in all, I'd say: some very nice ideas and very good coding, but the module just ain't as fun as it could be :/

cya
    - Flash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

Very well said, and i agree.
    Its FAR too hard & expencive to go about making weapons unless you REALLY get into it - in which case its still expencive.
    As was allrdy said by FB - its impossible to lvl.
    I think its to do with some sort of ... i dunno .. it says "you have gained 10 xp" then it says "you have gained 0 xp"
    although my xp goes up that 10 ... its still frig all - and my money is gone with all the curing by the priest - and my xp is gone by being killed :/
    this is friday night, and that module was put on wed evening !
    im at 500 xp.
    Nuff said like.
    It would be good if you implemented the "noticeboard" of the main city into the inn of that lovley homey place we all miss so much. Laughing Goblin sounds nice rite about now to me.
    Anyway - the new implementatins are cool - interresting .. for a while ... but that goes after you can stop making usefull stuff.
    Ie - i made a bow - and couldnt sell it as i thought i had to get xp in making them to sell it ... so i made 3 more - now i have 4 bows worth 15 gp - but cant sell em ... and since no 1 needs/uses shortbowsd ... whers the point in keeping them :/
    the bkack smithing is cool enough if u wanto get into it hard.
    As is skinning and the like.
    i also liked the idea of free henchmen for lvl 1'ers.
    you need atleast 4 people at times tho
    and at one part (some cave we were in where we had a perfect trap setup - but it didnt work as sally was firendly ) and we all died - all 5 of us excluding the 2 henchmen.
    it also attempts to save during loading the map ... which is ... u get it .............
    it certainly pools your team work resources tho !
    We were playing with a bear - i'd go invisible and let him pass me out, he would be shot from far away - then i'd shoot him as he got close to the person who previously shot him. he would then charge at me - and the other person shoots him.
    its good.
    we never make use of the rouge's setting traps abilities - would be good if we were at a low lvl trying to stop an nemy comming at us - or just to slow em down - and draw em out .
    every 1 would have their job. eveb ckerucs ti resyrect paldins whi due. wizzard to heal - rogue to sneak attack, ranger to shoot from a distance then run in. bard to shoot from a distance too.
    alike what happens on wednesdays - except its an everyday thing with abilities to learn.
    m33p.
    - Light

Advertisement