Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The 101 things thread is for lists only, not discussion so I moved your post here, btw 96 is

96. Saving the turf in Lissycasey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We did it! 101 things to love about Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Meeoow wrote: »
    saturday night in Lahinch
    Is there actually a good night life in lahinch on said night?
    Not intended to sound smart btw, genuine interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

well fair play to yee!:)
    im in salthill looking out my window across the ocean at yee all there in the banner county! yee seem delighted with yourselves!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

if i was in ballyvaughan i'd wave back, but im not.sorry. :D

i want waffles now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I think Clareman is making the waffles tonight :D

Im not in Ballyvaughan either so you can wave at me ***WAVES*** :)

I'd be afraid to visit Ballyvaughan these days (I could get lost) as there is a major shortage of signposts up there since the NRA took them :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6568:no-reprieve-for-ballyvaughan-sign&catid=41:politics&Itemid=60

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Clareman wrote: »
    The 101 things thread is for lists only, not discussion so I moved your post here, btw 96 is

96. Saving the turf in Lissycasey
    ;)

there is a clare forum!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

lordgoat wrote: »
    ;)

there is a clare forum!!!

First beer you have in Clare is on me :)

• Advertisement

I was at the latest Harry Potter film recently and it got me thinking about my school days. Does anyone know if the female teachers in the Colaiste still wear those hideous black gowns that made them look like large bats :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Ha ha no they dont!!!! I went to the open day in the Colaiste a few months ago and what a fantastic day it was, got a tour of the school and soooo many memories came back.

It was mad to sit at the desk i use to sit at etc and i even ran up the teachers stairs!!

Anyway they had different rooms set up for the different eras ie a seventies room, eighties etc. and in these rooms they had all items relating to each year like all the school photos, year book, uniforms. And there in the middle of the room was the black gown on a dummy model. It had been put out to pasture in the nineties I think!!

maiden wrote: »
    Ha ha no they dont!!!! I went to the open day in the Colaiste a few months ago and what a fantastic day it was, got a tour of the school and soooo many memories came back.

It was mad to sit at the desk i use to sit at etc and i even ran up the teachers stairs!!

Anyway they had different rooms set up for the different eras ie a seventies room, eighties etc. and in these rooms they had all items relating to each year like all the school photos, year book, uniforms. And there in the middle of the room was the black gown on a dummy model. It had been put out to pasture in the nineties I think!!
    Thanks Maiden :) I can't believe you ran up the teacher's stairs :eek: :eek: :eek: That will be a 100 lines for you - "I shall not run up the teacher's stairs" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

May I direct you to this link?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74166597
    This question needs answering so can someone tell me what or where the saying 'comb' means? For example "Well Comb, what's the craic?" or "Jaysus, it's fairly pissin' down with rain tonight Comb!"

A lot of lads in rural areas of South East Munster are using it lately. Any idea what it means?

I read that thread yesterday. I have to say Ive never heard it :confused:

My daughter lives in Clonmel,must ask her if she's heard it.

I work with people based in Bratislava and they use Cove for everything, might be a take on that

I just rang my daughter and asked her. She hadnt heard it but said she'd start using it now :pac:

She said maybe its a take on curva? which is a naughty word in Polish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

May I direct you to this link?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74166597
    This question needs answering so can someone tell me what or where the saying 'comb' means? For example "Well Comb, what's the craic?" or "Jaysus, it's fairly pissin' down with rain tonight Comb!"

A lot of lads in rural areas of South East Munster are using it lately. Any idea what it means?

I first heard it about 35 years ago ..... not heard it a lot since ..... no idea of its origins .... I would have thought it may have derived from 'welcome' .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Dam it was pretty windy in west Clare today, probably all of Ireland too :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Dam it was pretty windy in west Clare today, probably all of Ireland too :D

Remember the earthquake in clare last year? There was papers saying that the irish government was testing nuclear weapons at the cliffs of moher- Bet they never paid entry..

Anyhow, it drove drunk people mad. :D

• Advertisement

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Remember the earthquake in clare last year? There was papers saying that the irish government was testing nuclear weapons at the cliffs of moher- Bet they never paid entry..

Anyhow, it drove drunk people mad. :D
    Really ? :D

For the petrolheads out there, Cannonball 2011 will be stopping in Bunratty on Saturday between 12 and 2.30.

The Rugby World Cup has started, the opening ceremony was amazing, New Zeland leading Tonga 15-0

So the Chinese vice-president Xi Jinping is in the locality. Afaik he's in Bunratty now and thomorrow morning he's visiting Lynch's farm coming into Sixmilebridge from Shannon.
    Hopefully our elected officials kiss some serious ass over the next few days and bring in some serious foreign investment because we as a country are completely banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

When I heard he was coming to the farm I thought he was heading to Costelloe's place near Quin.. Funny picture of the VP with a bagpiper outside Bunratty on the IT at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sixmilebridge station is almost open 2 years at this stage?

Is it used much?

Sixmilebridge station is almost open 2 years at this stage?

Is it used much?

Not a huge amount, personally I've only used it once to Limerick and once to Galway. It is a good service and the Bridge is blessed to have it, I just wish people would use it more often.
    I've been told by regular users that it's busiest for the morning and afternoon commute, it's generally quiet in between those hours, you'd be lucky to see more than 5 people enter the train and 5 exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I travel from Limerick to Clare back and forth a few times a month and there are always a few people using it.

• Advertisement

I'm giving this thread a little bump as I think most people have forgotten about it or they don't know it exists.

This thread has no main topic, it's just for general chat, from time to time.

Advertisement