Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 30/04/12 *Spoilers - Extreme Rules Results*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

I love Johnny.. What a character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I waited for that segment hoping it wouldnt be Tensai...and there you go. **** that. A-Train has looked pretty feckin bad since coming back and Cena can't work at all when the fella across isnt up to scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

PEOPLE POWER

I'm after missing something by turning it off after catching sight of Lord Tensai amn't i? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

I'm intrigued :) Johnny in a Shane McMahon type role with his own mean street posse of Otunga etc pulling out every stop in the book to get the win. Has potential!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

spiralism wrote: »
    I'm after missing something by turning it off after catching sight of Lord Tensai amn't i? :o

Ace hit cena with a mic and said that he would fight cena at 'the over the limit'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

spiralism wrote: »

Cena v Johnny at whatever they called it.

Then they attacked cenas arm with chairs on the steps and stomping on it.

Ace hit cena with a mic and said that he would fight cena at 'the over the limit'

ah ffs, great timing by me, after staying up through all that bull**** and all

So more good booking by WWE, Cena beats Lesnar and loses to Ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

A-Train is like Kerry King doing dodgy Kung Fu impressions. those comedy ones?! but I suppose being in japan went to his head, so at least some authenticity to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was an OK RAW. Even CM Punk won't have a sloppy match against Bryan. That should be great.

Liked Brock breaking HHH's arm. Hopefully that'll be his first victory back in WWE.

Really was hoping Cena would be gone for a while. Not just for the first hour and half of RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Skimmed through it this morning in about 45 minutes.
    Interesting opener. I hope its not the last we see or hear of brock. Would be a shame to have him leave or be made leave after a month.

I suppose the brand split is well and truly over when you have the two big winners from the BTC challenge from smackdown in orton and danielson.

And another thing. The criteria for being even in the challenge was a little stupid.
    Have the two guys in it who were in the preshow from the night before.

Multiple losers from the previous night.

And then having lawler go against bryan?! Why not ziggler and actually have the best match they could in the 4 minutes. Not like it would hurt ziggler at the moment seeing as he is just floating about.

Glad to see some new tag champs, hopefully that goes somewhere.

Theres not a shred of me that wants to see laryngitis vs cena next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

watched the opener and the Bryan match, because of this, feeling very positive about Raw!

Bryan and Punk will be fantastic, great to see these two finally colliding. Especially since Punk and Jericho was beyond stale with the alcohol ****.

Lesnar is going nowhere. HHH is a perfect opponent for him as far as Im concerned, two big, powerful physical guys. Hopefully that goes until Summerslam and they can just have a brutal brawl, hopefully with Lesnar going over, setting up for Taker.

I have no comment to make regarding Lord Tensai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

D.Q wrote: »

Lesnar is going nowhere. HHH is a perfect opponent for him as far as Im concerned, two big, powerful physical guys. Hopefully that goes until Summerslam and they can just have a brutal brawl, hopefully with Lesnar going over, setting up for Taker.
    I dont think we will see Lesnar or trips until maybe july or august as they were really letting us know that he should be fired and that trips arm was badly broken, so I guess they will both be off TV for a few months and return to this angle in a few months or maybe around Survivor Series. Lesnar might be on Raw next week but I doubt it.

also, Albert is too fat to take seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

My word that last bit sucked Cena's been taken out by lesnar oh wait it was just a strain then out comes Laurinaitis who introduces Tensai to the sound of Crickets (& Cole saying oh no in a VERY bored manner) then they beat up Cena & Tensai poses like the Karate Kid to the puzzle me further.
    Btw Eve in Glasses=Hot,Hot,Hot & was there a need to show the Kimura 95 times FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just caught up in the finish.

Laurinitis v Cena is the most unappealing match I've ever heard of in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So I suppose Ziggler is going to Smackdown? Bit stupid having Sheamus there to just help HHH out of the ring too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Yea, could be horrific. Seems like they're trying to recreate a Vince/Austin scenario.

Punk/ Bryan should be good tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Not a great Raw.

Brock attacking HHH was predictable. I wonder what will happen with Brock now, i'm sure that's not the end of him. I also think if there is to be a HHH-Brock rivalry it will be a long one. We probably wont see Brock for a while now due to HHH's arm injury and the fact Brock has limited appearances on WWE. I can never see a Brock vs Taker match.

Agree that Bryan and Punk is a good match up, this match was crying out to be made and it could of happened sooner IMO.

It was so obvious it was going to be Bryan when King was lined up for him i mean jesus christ anyone else would of been better than King.

Not excited about Cena vs Johnny, just doesn't have any appeal IMO although i was relieved it wasn't Cena vs Tensai which would of been worse.
    Lord Tensai is as boring as they come and i hope he's not overly used in the build up to Cena vs Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rock back to stop Brock :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My review: Welcome to the slump, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Didn't watch Raw last night but read the report. I'm more pissed now about how Extreme Rules ended than I was on Sunday night!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Not if booked correctly. I'd let Ace have fun with his power. Kensai and/or Brock at ringside as announcer/trainer/manager/whatever, a special guest referee under his thumb and basically troll the crowd with their blatant cheating for the entire match. Let Ace win followed by post-match beatdown. Cena gets his 2 months off and Ace gloat all over Monday night with Brock.

If they want the crowd to get off Cenas back, they need to have a target for people to hate and Ace/Brock are fast becoming pretty hated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Really looking forward to Danielson vs Punk!

Wonder who's next for Sheamus?Kane or Del Rio?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What a way to follow up the PPV; fresh off his massive PPV win over Lesnar, Cena goes one on one against Big Johnny....I can smell the buyrates, ladies and gentlemen.

2330380_o.gif

Had they built up the submission at the PPV, I'd have been more interested in the HHH angle. But HHH couldn't deal with a move Cena powered out of after getting his ass kicked for 10 minutes? Really not enjoying how they are booking Brock. What a lazy, lackluster follow up to an ending I hated :/

On the upside, seeing Bryan get a promotion to the Raw main event is AWESOME!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Alright RAW but I'm really looking forward to what WWE have in store. Wound through it pretty quick, tons of filler in the show. Brock HHH is my dream match for Brock so I'm really happy they've started the ball rolling. I'd expect (re:hope) they wouldn't have the match until SummerSlam so it gets the build it deserves.

Still annoyed about Brock jobbing at Extreme Rules. Between Cena cutting a promo post-match (i don't mind that - just that it aired on TV) and Cena being jokey on RAW, Brock's being assimilated into a roster member quicker than i'd hoped. I still can't understand why you'd damage Brock more than maybe slightly helping Cena. If Cena's not gonna wrestle for a few weeks, he should've lost.

Hilarious that nobody came out to help Cena whilst Sheamo and the lads came to HHH's aid.

Jerry Lawler getting a chance to wrestle for the WWE title? Is there literally nobody else? What a slap in the face to the RAW roster. Are the SmackDown guys suddenly banned from RAW!

Spoosh at Punk vs Bryan on PPV. It's gonna be magic. It really is "we're done getting big buyrates around mania and moving into the summer"! lol... I'm glad Bryan steamrolled Lawler though.

I thought the Jericho match finish was perfectly timed (in that he just didn't beat the clock) but it was odd, it looked like they went back on it (saying Jericho won/beat the clock.) But then went back on that. If Jericho didn't beat the clock then the match is thrown out (see Kane/Khali). So you can't win a beat the clock match and NOT beat the clock, dingbats!

Kane/Khali, got horrifying flashbacks of Kane/Show wrestling in 99/00 doing a double-choke spot for minutes on end and pissing off the crowd! Didn't happen tonight though, lol.

I wouldn't mind Swagger moving out of the jobber scene. He's an excellent wrestler. Maybe at some point he could wrestle Bryan, Orton, Brock even. He doesn't have to win, just last longer than 4 minutes.

Pretty odd about Laurinaitis and Cena. Ace doesn't have any credibility (he's pushed around by everyone bar Josh Mathews!) so I don't know if people will pay to see it.

The women's division can suck it. As can the tag 'division'.

Eve is looking mighty hot these days, I think herself and Ace do have chemistry.

Overall an enjoyable RAW if u cut out the filler, but it's looking really good down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Also I'm really,really glad that the interminable Punk/Jericho feud is finished.Now Jericho can go back to where he belongs,flopping about in the mid card having crap matches til he gets bored and pisses off home again for a year or two.

Maybe/hopefully he'll take Miz with him this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Had they built up the submission at the PPV, I'd have been more interested in the HHH angle. But HHH couldn't deal with a move Cena powered out of after getting his ass kicked for 10 minutes? Really not enjoying how they are booking Brock. What a lazy, lackluster follow up to an ending I hated :/
    I havent seen Raw but am assuming you mean the Kimura? If so, I took Sunday's version as Lesnar trying to punish Cena by not applying the hold fully, therefor just making him suffer but not enough to force a tap out. It plays in to the idea that he got over confidant and wasnt trying to win the match, but instead just hurt Cena. If thats what he used on Raw, he would be a lot more pissed off and wouldnt be holding back like he was with Cena. He wasnt trying to hurt Triple H like he was Cena, he was just looking to break his arm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I wish WWE played off Brock's loss as a freak accident - got over the fact that he battered Cena for 20 minutes, toyed with him and because he was having so much fun, he let his guard down a split second, and it cost him. "They went to war and Cena won" doesn't do anything for Cena OR Brock.

I thought they were really onto something with having Cena get battered for so long. I think the anti-crowd really felt some kind of compulsion to rally for Cena, something that doesn't really happen.

Do you think all of Brock's 2012 WWE matches will be this psuedo-MMA stuff like at Extreme Rules, or do you think he'll start wrestling closer to his 2002-4 days?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Do you think all of Brock's 2012 WWE matches will be this psuedo-MMA stuff like at Extreme Rules, or do you think he'll start wrestling closer to his 2002-4 days?

Not to be flippant but:

RAW_988_Photo_014.jpg

It is likely your answer.

Advertisement