Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google blocked my phone.

• 15-07-2011 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I have lost the Google user name and pass word I set up for my daughters phone (HTC Desire) at christmas:( now the Pnone is locked "to many pattern attempts". O2 say they can't do anything, what to do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Use a PC and log into Google, try to fix it that way. If you still can't get in then mail google support. This is nothing to do with the phone at all, it's to do with your Google account.

Or..... just setup a new google account. Then factory reset the phone and set it up all over again. To factory reset the phone you will need to do something like the "3 finger salute", ie hold down volup+home+power or something like that. Not sure on exact procedure for that model. Shop should be able to do that for you (maybe not because they haven't a fookin clue in those places).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Thanks srsly 78
    I set up a new Account and tried the 3 finger job but it still looks for the old codes.
    I will drop in to 02 today and see what they can do for me, hope you are wrong about their abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Also from the same thread:
    mbastille :After calling the HTC support, they successfully walked me through the following steps which worked on my HTC Eris.
    1) Power down
    2) Remote the battery
    3) Boot up
    4) When prompted for my account enter the account information (including the "@gmail.com")
    5) When prompted for my password use "null"

This allowed me to reset my unlock pattern.

I hope this works for someone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Thanks everyone for the help.
    I went digging for the receipt and found the quick start guide, thumbed through and found a factory reset.
    1. turn off phone, hold down the Vol down button and then briefly press power.
    2. With finger still on vol down wait for 3 android images to appear, then release the button.
    3. press Vol down to select clear storage then press power.
    5. when asked to confirm press vol up.

then I put in the new gmail everything fine, settings still there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement