Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Calendar gone on HTC Desire

• 16-03-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Anyone know a solution to this please? My calendar on google is no longer synced with the widget on my phone (there used to be 2 calendars but now just the one - The HTC one). I would really like to have the calendar with lots of entries on my google account visible on a widget on my Desire. I downloaded Jorte but that doesn't seem to sync with my google account even though it claims it does. I had been doing a trim of system apps recently but was careful with what i deleted (i thought) the HTC one only exists now). Any routes around this? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Check if your calender is still synced by the device.

"Settings" -> "Accounts & sync".
    Select your google account and then ensure everything is selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Open calendar, menu - more - calendars - tick all that apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Check if your calender is still synced by the device.

"Settings" -> "Accounts & sync".
    Select your google account and then ensure everything is selected.

Thats the problem, it wont sync as i imagine i have deleted the app.

Idleater wrote: »
    Open calendar, menu - more - calendars - tick all that apply.

The one calendar app i have left force closes when i try to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds like you deleted one too many system apps then.
    By deleting the Google calendar, you deleted the app that the HTC agenda relies on the sync and display your online calendar.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    Sounds like you deleted one too many system apps then.
    By deleting the Google calendar, you deleted the app that the HTC agenda relies on the sync and display your online calendar.

Yep i get that. Can't seem to be able to find a way to replace it. Any suggestions? I downloaded Calengoo which is similar but not as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Your either going to have to either wipe and flash the HTC Sense ROM again or download the ROM, extract the missing apk and push it through ADB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Surely it'd be easier just to reflash the google apps zip?

Also, is google calendar not available on the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 groovemeister

I have the HTC Wildfire and I was also not able to see my google calendar in my phone. Google Contacts and Gmail was working and syncing fine.

Tried deleting the Calendar cache and it didn't work.

I solved the problem by installing a new Calendar app (in my case, "business calendar" from Mikado).

After syncing this app, my HTC calendar magically worked again (the google calendar was redefined in the HTC Calendar app).

hope this helps

Advertisement