Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hype

• 02-11-2002 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Any on else fed up with hype surrounding games. With the leak of Domm 3s e3 demo its hype is going to go through the roof with id telling everyone to expect much much better and tantalising us with more cool screenshots. Me i hate hype. Just hope Deus Ex 2 doesnt fall under the same spell.

Petes

==========================================
    Playing on.....

P4 2Ghz 512k cache
    384mb ddr ram
    GeForce Ti 4600

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Actually I think Carmack was de hyping Doom 3 - he said something along the lines that it would have great graphics and poor AI/multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

there was some serious hype for deus ex and it turned out to be one of the greatest games ever. so it aint all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I know and i dont think that Deus Ex 2 will disappoint.Few games fo fall into that category like Jon Romeros Daikataina which was tripe.Another for the good was the team tha made Goldeneye for rare which split of and made timesplitters and timplitters 2.

Petes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Because of the amount of money put into game development these dfays - hype is a fact of life. The only solution is not to believe it and sample the game for yourself - either through a demo or through a review from a source that you trust.

With the price of games getting worse and worse (especially from certain retail outlets) we can't afford to buy games that don't live up to the hype

Hyzepher

Advertisement