Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hi!! :D:o

I forgot to write in my post earlier that I've started reading The Hunger Games and I'm really enjoying it. I bought it on Monday in Carlow because it was on offer and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Was definitely worth the €6.50 I paid for it. :D

The books are just brilliant.

I quite liked the film. I know a lot of people were disappointed though.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    That is rather terrifying. When I have kids I expect to go asleep and wake up with a baby. Anything less is unexceptable :p Really can't handle pain

lol

I've only ever had my eyebrows waxed, twice as of Saturday, but don't think i'd be able for someone waxing my ladybits.

Listening to stupid enda kenny comparing eircom turning off phone supplies for non-payment of bills as equivalent to water supplies being cut off for non-payment of water charges. Muppet! Yeah, no broadband is the same as no toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Orla K wrote: »
    Are your muscles alright when your not moving them?
    It's most likely doms, giving your muscles some rest would do you good, go for a gentle walk (moving them helps them get better quicker) or you could do some yoga?
    Went to walk the dog down to the shops today and I was crying by the time I got home. I think I pulled something. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The books are just brilliant.

I quite liked the film. I know a lot of people were disappointed though.

lol

I've only ever had my eyebrows waxed, twice as of Saturday, but don't think i'd be able for someone waxing my ladybits.

Listening to stupid enda kenny comparing eircom turning off phone supplies for non-payment of bills as equivalent to water supplies being cut off for non-payment of water charges. Muppet! Yeah, no broadband is the same as no toilet.

I'm really enjoying the book I have to say. I was thinking about going to see the film in Athlone on Saturday but it starts at 2.15 and I have to catch a bus at 4.30, I'd be cutting it fine because the film is 150 mins long according to the cinema's website. Ah well, might not have finished the book by then. Even if I like a book I tend to take forever reading it for some reason. :rolleyes:

I've never had anything waxed. I tried Veet myself before, never again. I shave my legs and underarms (and "tidy up" other places). If my eyebrows need doing I have to tweeze. No idea why but when I'm tweezing, I start sneezing.. Hey, that rhymes.. :P :cool:

Did he actually say that? How is no internet the same as no toilet? :eek: The idiot.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, my nails are so twinkly and pretty and sparkly! :D The only problem with this is that taking off glitter nail varnish is the biggest pain! And I've got three coats of it on. This is staying put for as loooong as possible.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Novella wrote: »
    Ooh, my nails are so twinkly and pretty and sparkly! :D The only problem with this is that taking off glitter nail varnish is the biggest pain! And I've got three coats of it on. This is staying put for as loooong as possible.

^ Pretty much the exact reason why I hate glitter nail varnish on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

McChubbin wrote: »
    Went to walk the dog down to the shops today and I was crying by the time I got home. I think I pulled something. D:

Ice, rest, compression and elevation?

I'm not good with injuries, I tend to do everything to avoid them(except when drinking:o) my wrist got swollen at the start of feb, it's still sore:(
    you could also try massage the area gently. Is it swollen?

When it's better don't start into it like crazy, work your way up and don't forget to stretch but don't over stretch or you'll pull something again!

Also found this http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries/a/calf-strain.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the book I have to say. I was thinking about going to see the film in Athlone on Saturday but it starts at 2.15 and I have to catch a bus at 4.30, I'd be cutting it fine because the film is 150 mins long according to the cinema's website. Ah well, might not have finished the book by then. Even if I like a book I tend to take forever reading it for some reason. :rolleyes:

I've never had anything waxed. I tried Veet myself before, never again. I shave my legs and underarms (and "tidy up" other places). If my eyebrows need doing I have to tweeze. No idea why but when I'm tweezing, I start sneezing.. Hey, that rhymes.. :P :cool:

Did he actually say that? How is no internet the same as no toilet? :eek: The idiot.. :mad:

I'm too lazy with my eyebrows so i'm going to continue getting them waxed.

I know, the man has no clue :rolleyes:

I got shellac nails (is that what you say?) on saturday. So impressed with them, i washed the bike, scrubbed the kitchen floor and since Saturday they have remained completely in tact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

to keep up with the cool older sister persona i have going on, i come sleep with my 6 and 7 year old brother and sister every Wednesday, especially wanna keep it up when my own baby comes so they're not jealous,

i love them and all but.. they both grind their teeth in their sleep and it makes my skin crawl Urgh Urgh Urgh!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Been in Dublin the last two days with the first and second years - drama from before we left the school! Went to see Titanic with them, and a lot of them were in bits, everyone knows the scene where a boat goes back to look for survivors, and all you can hear is some of the girls gasping the whole time in tears! Drama this morning where the students products locked in one of the side pockets of the bus, so they ended up having to go to the main depot, and drill two holes in the bus door! And then the popup went completely back inside the case, so spent 20 minutes, with three others trying to get it out, which we did!

Got an extension from my FYP last week, and partner got an email Saturday, but only saw today was that the extension was being rescinded, so it was due last Monday. Feels like I've been completely f**ked over, not bloody fair! Between the last four night, I've had 2 hours sleep Sunday night, 4 hours sleep Monday night and 5 hours sleep Tuesday night - was gonna try and pull an all nighter and get the thing written up, but I'm gonna wait and get it done by Monday, I'm typing this and hardly seeing the screen my eyes are so bad. I'm sick of them changing the goalposts at the last second, and I'm working so hard at things in school thinking I had over a week to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i just soent the guts for four hours sitting in a pub....and i dont know why?

i think exam prep is after getting to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

McChubbin wrote: »

Ice the area - I find that after a hard session of exercise, I'd go for a hot shower, mixing it with some cold which helps the muscles recover.

More I think about this FYP, the worse mood I'm getting in! Gonna head to bed, wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh, just had a knock on the door was the neighbour who was asking for a lend of a torch, some scummers stole the alloys off his car, its a Passat which seems to be the knackers car of choice these days so it was probably done to order for someone who fancied new wheels, thieving ****ers.. doubt they'd come back but now I'm worried about my own car, hope they didnt start taking notes about what was parked in the group of houses :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

krudler wrote: »
    ugh, just had a knock on the door was the neighbour who was asking for a lend of a torch, some scummers stole the alloys off his car, its a Passat which seems to be the knackers car of choice these days so it was probably done to order for someone who fancied new wheels, thieving ****ers.. doubt they'd come back but now I'm worried about my own car, hope they didnt start taking notes about what was parked in the group of houses :mad:

ah that's not good, the poor guy but its unlikely they will come back to the same place tho (fingers crossed)

Been up since before 7am. My mam's back is sore so I'm helping her. Should have got more sleep but oh well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So we've had this Logitech programmable remote control for over two years. It's one of those that you can set up to replace all of your remotes, click "Turn on TV" and it'll fire up the TV and the NTL box, set it to the right channel etc. Brilliant yoke, cost 100 back when we got it.

Last week the LCD screen went funky and it stopped working. Typical, just outside warranty.

So my husband rang Logitech up to see how much it would cost to repair and if it was going to be worth it. They told him that it was a known fault asked for our address and yesterday a courier came with a replacement.

Not a reconditioned one, a brand new in the box one and the latest model. Didn't even have to pay for shipping.

Now that's customer service.

Yay Logitech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Went to the gym this morning. I used to love going in the mornings but I have gotten quite lazy lately. Feel great now though.

Badly need my nails done. They are icky looking.

Just posted off job application! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I hate being sick :mad: Had a sinus headache all evening on Tuesday. Woke up yesterday morning to find I'd been hit by the pain train. Struggled through work til lunchtime, then went home and slept all afternoon. Still feel like a boiled shoite today, but had to come in - we don't get paid for sick days and I have too much on in the next couple of weeks to lose a day's wages. And to top it all off, I'm busier than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest at the moment. Supposed to be going to Tommy Tiernan tonight (don't even like him), have a wedding afters tomorrow and a ball on Saturday. It never rains but it pours, wha?!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Not coping very well at all at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Time to play courier roulette! I have a courier coming at an unspecified time between now and four. I really need to shower. Do I shower now and risk him arriving just as I'm all soaped up? Or do I wait, knowing that he could arrive at any minute, but reducing my courier-free shower-time window? What a dilemma! :D

• Advertisement

LostGirly wrote: »
    Not coping very well at all at the moment!

What's you LostGirly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bubblefett wrote: »
    That is rather terrifying. When I have kids I expect to go asleep and wake up with a baby. Anything less is unexceptable :p Really can't handle pain

Speaking from experience, epidural for the win! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Having one of those days where my boobs are determined to burst out of my bra and make a mad dash for freedom. It's not even my time of the month but they have decided to be huge today! What's going on?? I'm already a fecken E cup so I don't need them increasing anymore thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Having one of those days where my boobs are determined to burst out of my bra and make a mad dash for freedom. It's not even my time of the month but they have decided to be huge today! What's going on?? I'm already a fecken E cup so I don't need them increasing anymore thank you very much.

Preggers perhaps? :p

Mine take on a life of their own as well, occasionally. They grew steadily to a DD by the time i was 18, exploding to an F when I went on the pill. Now since I've come off the pill and lost weight, they're a D (ish) now. Also I'm a 32 in the back; it's feckin impossible to by 32 D(D) bras :(

OMG I am devastated.

Just found out the girl that does my waxing is no longer working there. She's moved back to f'in Limerick.

First world problem.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Preggers perhaps?

No chance of being pregnant, not in the slightest. My OH lives in another country!

Also I share your pain about trying to find bras... have only found a handful of shops that carry 30E bras. One woman almost gave out to me after a fitting, telling me I was a very 'awkward size'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I have money in the bank, such a relief! Was nearly too afraid to look, it probably won't be there long too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Susie_Q wrote: »
    No chance of being pregnant, not in the slightest. My OH lives in another country!

Also I share your pain about trying to find bras... have only found a handful of shops that carry 30E bras. One woman almost gave out to me after a fitting, telling me I was a very 'awkward size'!!

Like you chose to be an 'awkward' size! I'd love to be able to buy cheap and cheerful bras in Penneys or Dunnes; 20-30 euro a pop for one bra means I haven't bought a new one in about a year :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

EmilyO wrote: »
    Mine take on a life of their own as well, occasionally. They grew steadily to a DD by the time i was 18, exploding to an F when I went on the pill. Now since I've come off the pill and lost weight, they're a D (ish) now. Also I'm a 32 in the back; it's feckin impossible to by 32 D(D) bras :(

Sounds familiar... I've gone from a 34DD/32E to 32FF/G in the last year, and almost wanted to cry last night when I noticed double-boob in a 32G bra. :eek: Can they not just get the STOP GROWING FFS message?

• Advertisement

I tend to buy mine in Change in Pavillions (Swords) - they usually have something in my size and the prices aren't crazy. Bought some sexy stuff on Figleaves a few weeks ago for when I get back - I love wearing the sexy stuff! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement