Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Forward in Reverse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

This morning :

3 miles in 26.13. 8.44 pace.

Beautiful sunrise over the city this morning. Tired legs but enjoyed this.

Good to actually drag myself out of bed for these early runs. Always worth it once you get going.

Today:

18 miles in 2.58. 9.53 pace.

Great run! Legs felt the best they have for any long run. The toughest part was that it was unexpectedly warm and that began to drain me towards the end.

I had four weetabix before I ran today and it made a huge difference energy level wise. note to self - unsurprisingly you need a bigger breakfast to fuel a longer run.

All in all, a very encouraging run. Dare I say a sign that a sub 4 is possible? We'll see how the 20 milers go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Well done, great running!

Tonight

3 miles in 22.39.

Legs felt surprisingly good after long run Saturday and a feed of pints. Top class recovery at the Frampton fight knocking back Harp!

This morning:

Fell out of bed for 5 miles in 43.09. 8.38 pace.

Chilly one today!

• Advertisement

Tonight:

A hilly 6 miles in 51.26. 8.34 pace.

Decent run. Hilly route in Phoenix park and had backpack so all good.

This morning :

8 miles in 1.10. 8.54 pace.

Up and it early as ive plans after work. Sluggish but happy enough. Always feels like a productive day when you've a run done before work.

Today :

20 miles in 3.15. 9.45 pace.

one word.. Delighted.

LaHaine wrote: »
    Today :

20 miles in 3.15. 9.45 pace.

one word.. Delighted.

Well done!!!!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Well done!!!!

Sub 4? what say you oh great novice mentor?

• Advertisement

Sub 4? what say you oh great novice mentor?

ha ha. Get another few long runs paced like that under your belt and I would say yes! And keep the easy and recovery days easy:)
    You doing the half next week?

ha ha. Get another few long runs paced like that under your belt and I would say yes! And keep the easy and recovery days easy:)
    You doing the half next week?

I am for my sins!

Today :

4 miles in 31.21. 7.50 pace.

Wednesday evening:

6 miles in about 49. Hilly route in Phoenix park.

Today:

Race Series Half Marathon

13.1 miles in 1.45.13.

Super strong. Soo much better than the ten miles. Powered up the hills. Passed loads. Felt great!!

Id say I could knock a few minutes off that time too. Great confidence boost. Plan was to stick to 8 minutes miles and I got that spot on.

I was very nervous about this race so im a very happy man.

Bring on the marathon! !

Great racing! Sounds like there was a bit more in the bag there too.
    Well set up now!

This morning :

3 miles in 25.42. 8.34 pace.

Legs felt fine if a little tired. Going well at moment other than slight twinge in right foot. We wont mention that

This morning :

5 miles in 41.09. 8.13 pace.

A refreshing jaunt by the sea front. Spiffing

This morning :

6 miles. Time ?

Garmin battery was flat so I took my regular watch and the battery went on that too. Nice!

Feeling a bit sluggish. Long run tomorrow.

Today

20 miles in 3.07. 9.28 pace (running time. I stopped twice to take gels and pee and stopped watch)

Tough day at the office. Out and back with wind slapping the face off me the whole way home. Character building I suppose you would call it. This Indian summer needs to fcuk off because I was sweating like a pig. Sun beaming down mocking me the whole way.

I wanted to quit for the last five miles so im happy I didn't give in but at the same time I would have liked a more easy run for the confidence boost.

Today

20 miles in 3.07. 9.28 pace (running time. I stopped twice to take gels and pee and stopped watch)

Tough day at the office. Out and back with wind slapping the face off me the whole way home. Character building I suppose you would call it. This Indian summer needs to fcuk off because I was sweating like a pig. Sun beaming down mocking me the whole way.

I wanted to quit for the last five miles so im happy I didn't give in but at the same time I would have liked a more easy run for the confidence boost.

Great running! Don't forget not to stop the watch when peeing/taking gels on the big day;)

• Advertisement

Great running! Don't forget not to stop the watch when peeing/taking gels on the big day;)

Stop with the reality :)

Sunday

3 miles. no watch.

Today:

5 miles in 40.03. 8 pace.

Neck and shoulders stiff today. Hopefully loosen as day progresses. Saw a gorgeous sun rise on sandymount beach as I was running. Not the worst place to live.

This morning :

8 miles in 1.08. 8.36 pace.

Sheesh this was a struggle to get out of bed. As always delighted I got up once I got out there.

Near the end of the longer training weeks so no excuse for not getting these done. Knees a bit creaky and neck still stiff but nothing major.

Cant believe how hot it still is. October today and I was sweating buckets.

Fair play to you with the early runs!
    Training seem to be going great for you! Not long now. ...

Fair play to you with the early runs!
    Training seem to be going great for you! Not long now. ...

I was talking to a guy in work yesterday who runs a lot and reckons I should go with 3.50 pacers. My head is wrecked thinking about it all at this stage!!

I try to avoid the novices thread a bit to try not to be thinking about it all too much but inevitably im sucked into checking it the whole time.

Early runs are the business when you get out of bed eventually. free for the evening then and you feel great all day.

Hows the need for speed going? The faster sessions you do would kill me.

I was talking to a guy in work yesterday who runs a lot and reckons I should go with 3.50 pacers. My head is wrecked thinking about it all at this stage!!

I try to avoid the novices thread a bit to try not to be thinking about it all too much but inevitably im sucked into checking it the whole time.

Early runs are the business when you get out of bed eventually. free for the evening then and you feel great all day.

Hows the need for speed going? The faster sessions you do would kill me.
    You've another few weeks to think about the target so give it plenty of consideration. I know that head wreck feeling! You're just eating sleeping and thinking marathon all the time!!!
    Home straight coming soon....
    I'm currently just building the mileage back up after a 12 day break but will be working on the speed again soon. Love mixing it up so can't wait!!
    Major respect for the early runs. I'm going to try a few soon so thanks for the inspiration! Only difference is that I'll have to run again in the evenings but I ain't complaining one bit!!!
    Excited to see how you'll do on the 27th :)

This morning :

5 miles in 40.22. 8.07 pace.

Luckily I was out early so missed the horrible weather. Last long run before taper in the morning!

This morning:

20 miles in 3.02. 9.10 pace.

That includes pee stop, no watch stoppages.

Boom!! Like a boss!!!!!

Felt great. Took gel earlier and that made huge difference. Legs aren't even sore now.

This evening:

3 miles in 22.23. 7.27 pace.

Nip in the air. Nice to have it back when running

• Advertisement

Tonight:

5 miles in 42.45. 8.32 pace. Lovely crisp evening. Went on a random wander rather than running one of my usual routes. Pleasant change

Advertisement