Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for Occupy Waterford to go

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Nypd wrote: »
    Heard the cops were at the place tonight,
    They could be planning a dame street type move.
    Oh the excitement as they kick in the door of the main tent the look of surprise when the find the whole camp empty.
    Sargent murphy scratching his head as he turns to Garda Jones "be jeysus we have ourself and oulde leak Jonesy, some tipped the bassturds off and they have all escape"

Camera cuts away and zooms on a group of confused Garda as they Scan the pavements for signs of a tunnel.

Council there now camp almost all gone. id say it will be all gone before the sun comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

Nypd wrote: »
    Heard the cops were at the place tonight,
    They could be planning a dame street type move.
    Oh the excitement as they kick in the door of the main tent the look of surprise when the find the whole camp empty.
    Sargent murphy scratching his head as he turns to Garda Jones "be jeysus we have ourself and oulde leak Jonesy, some tipped the bassturds off and they have all escape"

Camera cuts away and zooms on a group of confused Garda as they Scan the pavements for signs of a tunnel.

Obviously a low opinion of the guards even though your name is nypd ?!

Guards cleared the place of people this morning, council took away all the rubbish that was left there, city should look much better this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Bards

d3exile wrote: »

Guards cleared the place of people this morning, council took away all the rubbish that was left there, city should look much better this morning!!

passed that way this morning about 07:45 - now almost cleared - just in time for (St. Patrick's Day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Glad to hear its been cleared, just a shame that the 99% had to pay towards cleaning up the awful mess created by the Occupy crowd.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, passed by around the same time and the City Council were hosing the place down after the camp got removed overnight. Of course not a bloody mention on RTE - after blanket coverage of the Occupy Dublin removal yesterday and even a feature about some councillor wanting Occupy Galway removed... :rolleyes:

I agree with their aims, but the whole thing had become kinda pointless. They've made their point, but at what point were they going to finish protesting? When we're no longer funded by the IMF? They could have been occupying the place until Kingdom come, and it's nice at this stage to have that part of our city back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Big Lar

fricatus wrote: »
    Of course not a bloody mention on RTE.....

If only the Republic of Telly trailer was still around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

d3exile wrote: »

Sorry let me remove my tongue from the cheek.

How I Lol'd what has a username got to do with anything ?!?!

Psssst NYPD is not in Ireland and SFA to do with the guards you crazy person you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Listening to WLR, the place was inhabited by a homeless fella and two teenage druggies (I think), the place was cleaned up of drug paraphernalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

There's an article on the journal.ie about it. The city council 'had been keeping it under observation for the last few days, and once they were satisfied that it was unoccupied they dismantled it' LOL

Its been unoccupied for ages hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mommam

foghlu wrote: »
    There's an article on the journal.ie about it. The city council 'had been keeping it under observation for the last few days, and once they were satisfied that it was unoccupied they dismantled it' LOL

Its been unoccupied for ages hasn't it?

LOL?? If you were tasked with the job of clearing it I'm sure you'd want to have had it monitored aswell. I don't think its funny I think they should be charged for the clean up costs. Ridiculous protest which did nothing really except cause an eyesore.

• Advertisement

I was laughing because its been unoccupied for a long time and its about time they cleared the sorry mess away!

Think you may have taken my post up wrongly...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mommam

No don't think I did. Think its just an example of overuse of LOL in a situation that isn't funny. They were people who had to go in a do a horrible job this morning. Clearly with the removal of the camp on Dame St there was a possibility that people would return to the camp even if you look at the Occupy Waterford FB page there is mention of the council looking at the camp yesterday and someone states we need to get organised. Think we'll just agree to differ maybe.

Mommam wrote: »
    No don't think I did. Think its just an example of overuse of LOL in a situation that isn't funny. They were people who had to go in a do a horrible job this morning. Clearly with the removal of the camp on Dame St there was a possibility that people would return to the camp even if you look at the Occupy Waterford FB page there is mention of the council looking at the camp yesterday and someone states we need to get organised. Think we'll just agree to differ maybe.

Difference of opinion in which I feel I am allowed to my own in that I think its hillarious that they had to 'monitor the camp to see if it was empty' when the whole town knows its been empty for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0309/occupy.html
    RTE have reported on it now.
    The Occupy Waterford campsite in the city has been dismantled by Waterford City Council.
    All structures and tents were removed from their site on the quay beside the Clock Tower.
    One homeless person and two juveniles were found in the tents.
    Workers for the council discovered an amount of drugs and needles around the campsite.
    Gardaí say there were no incidents and no arrests.

It mentions that Cork Corporation are trying to get rid of their Occupy site also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

2014 when kenny and co go begging for a second bailout ,we can look back and see at least some got up and did something to their distain for the w@ nker bankers and their cronies who caused the mess...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hoffmans wrote: »
    2014 when kenny and co go begging for a second bailout ,we can look back and see at least some got up and did something to their distain for the w@ nker bankers and their cronies who caused the mess...
    ......by leaving a mess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Hoffmans wrote: »

Sitting around making a mess, babbling shite all day long, taking no credit* whatsoever while making impossible demands.

If that's the case, my 1 year old niece is up there with Che Guevara.

I do realise that the bankers and co were the main culprits; but there were people taking the money they were doling out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I have to say guys! The occupy movement know their maths....on the opposite scale 99% of people wanted the site cleared. And low and behold...YAY

theres no doubt the ejeets left a right mess , but whats coming from kenny and the troica will be far more messy.................

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Im heading into town in a while what are the odds the same guys will be up in town looking to get get people to support the fight against Kony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

jayboi wrote: »
    Im heading into town in a while what are the odds the same guys will be up in town looking to get get people to support the fight against Kony.
    Ask them to point to Uganda on a map. €20 says they can't.

so ironic the freeman goatie dude nutball who started the mess has the last comment in the sun newspaper on the "movement"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4184627/Two-teens-and-vagrant-at-Occupy-Waterford.html

Advertisement