Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engagement party

• 06-07-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey folks.

Just wondering and hoping you can help me. I'm looking to book a venue in dublin city in August to celebrate our engagement. Now here's the tricky part....I am looking for somewhere nice and somewhere with a bit of music but not too loud where the old folk can't have a good chat. There will be anything between 40-60 people attending.

Iv tried the Dean hotel. Sams bar and the rest of me has gone blank!

Please help me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

+1 your house and provide food and beer maybe?

Been to many weddings over the years , can't say any have ever had a big bang engagement party...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry I meant on lesson street

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farlo19

It depends on whether you want something casual or more formal? I have been to a few more casual type parties, one was in The 108 in Rathmines (not city centre but not far either!) and it was great. They did really nice platters of food and we had a decent area reserved. The other was Cassidys, this is a really nice laid back place and they do free platters once you make a reservation as well. Good bit area reserved up the back for the party too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Harry's on the green has good music on a sat night and plenty of party areas

• Advertisement
Advertisement