Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Development Stalled: Work to stop at Henry St (GPO) development soon.

• 25-11-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭

Just like the Parkway Valley on the Dublin Road, the new complex being built on Henry Street on site of the old Post Office Parcel building is to come to a halt over the next few weeks.
    Sisk will be stopping work at the site due to a shortage of money by the Robert Butler Group.

Are we gonna end up with shells all over the city?

Worrying times ahead. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I have not read or heard confirmation of this from anywhere/
    are you sure?
    Where did you hear this from?
    If it is true then it will be a huge psychological blow tot eh city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Any link or confirmation on this, i hope its not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Butler has been drying up for months now, he even had to sell that house Sisk built for him in Adare!! Just as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Butler has been drying up for months now, he even had to sell that house Sisk built for him in Adare!! Just as well!!

The work has NOT stopped on the GPO and it if it wasn't for people like Robert Butler this town would still be an eyesore with a lot of tradesmen and builders even more unemployed. BTW his house in Adare is not sold.

brousuka wrote: »
    The work has NOT stopped on the GPO and it if it wasn't for people like Robert Butler this town would still be an eyesore with a lot of tradesmen and builders even more unemployed. BTW his house in Adare is not sold.

Hey Rob :D

• Advertisement

Lets all bow down to him, maybe he deserves a statue!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Lets all bow down to him, maybe he deserves a statue!?:D

Bitter much??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Hail Glorious St. Robert, dear saint of our town,
    On us thy poor children bestow a sweet smile;
    And now thou art high in your Adare mansions above,
    On Limrick's grey streets look down in thy love.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im sorry work has halted because leaving the site to dereliciton will only attract a bad element no matter what the proximity to the Garda station is.

Im unhappy that they actually got planning to build that eyesore behind a listed building. I thought Limerick learned its lesson from King Johns Castle welcome centre eyesore.

If work like this stops, whats about our "Manhattan Island" Financial Centre(laughable now) in St Marys Park?

All those corporation housing people are probably just as pissed because they were all expecting free houses in Raheen, Castletroy, Corbally etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You missed an important word...YET!

Wait til just after christmas.
    There's people being let go over the next week or two.

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Bitter much??

Nope why you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Just like the Parkway Valley on the Dublin Road, the new complex being built on Henry Street on site of the old Post Office Parcel building is to come to a halt over the next few weeks.
    Sisk will be stopping work at the site due to a shortage of money by the Robert Butler Group.

Are we gonna end up with shells all over the city?

Worrying times ahead. :confused:

I heard from an insider and I can confirm that work will stop in the next week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I love it when you see the signs "Acquired by the Robert Butler Group". Why not say "bought by....". C'mon , less of the pretentious w'nk....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

seachto7 wrote: »
    I love it when you see the signs "Acquired by the Robert Butler Group". Why not say "bought by....". C'mon , less of the pretentious w'nk....:rolleyes:

It is acquired because the deeds have not been signed to the developer because the investors/bank own it. They are in situ waiting for another to take ownership.

Estate agents do this also.

Anyway, it sounds all white collar. Why not? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Berty wrote: »
    It is acquired because the deeds have not been signed to the developer because the investors/bank own it. They are in situ waiting for another to take ownership.

Estate agents do this also.

Anyway, it sounds all white collar. Why not? :D

this, I did not know.....doh!!:o

less of your mumbo jumbo, give it to me straight!

Still no confirmation or any source to this. Just more doom and gloom talk and "my friend who know this guy who knows this guy who is working on the site" shíte tbh.

Advertisement