Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding DJ - Dublin city centre

Options
  • 01-07-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all

I'm looking for a DJ to play at my wedding in June 2016 in Dublin city centre.

We're having a band play for an hour/hour & a half after the speeches etc, and will need the DJ to kick in then, so I guess for around 4 hours until we finish at 1.30am (we have the venue until then).

I know this is way in advance but I'm trying to be organised!

Can anyone recommend someone at a reasonable rate? Or any DJs out there that want to offer their services? Budget is extremely tight of course, so please give us your best offer :)

Thanks guys

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

richd687 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm looking for a DJ to play at my wedding in June 2016 in Dublin city centre.

We're having a band play for an hour/hour & a half after the speeches etc, and will need the DJ to kick in then, so I guess for around 4 hours until we finish at 1.30am (we have the venue until then).

I know this is way in advance but I'm trying to be organised!

Can anyone recommend someone at a reasonable rate? Or any DJs out there that want to offer their services? Budget is extremely tight of course, so please give us your best offer :)

Thanks guys

Rich

whats the exact date in june? what do you deem to be reasonable? After band DJ prices are usually anything from 200 up to 400e depending on who you book and what you're looking for. I would say though 4 hours is not "after band". After band would be 11-11:30 to 1:30-2.
    Just setting some expectation for you on the quotes coming back in.
    Did you ask the band you're booking if they have DJ? most weddings bands travel with one or have access to one at a discounted rate
    Did you factor in times for venue to clear space/band to setup after your meal/speeches? usually 45-60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Have you asked the band if they DJ?
    Most bands offer this service, and should do it at a reduced rate... all the gear should be setup, so it's not a huge amount more work for them to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pm'ed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 richd687

DJ now found & booked. Thanks all for the responses :)

Advertisement