Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

The lc one has like 9,000 posts, If this gets nine I'll be happy considering every thread on the JC forum has like 1000 views and like 2 comments..what's up with that??

..Anyway for all things not JC related 'nd shtuff.

If nobody is interested, I'll delete it...

Anyway ya's could start by introducing yourselves??

Just sayin, you're gonna have a hard time beating last years one touch.boards.ie/thread/2056297628?page=1
    we had another thread about the same size but i cba finding it XD

but yeah, if you get this up and going its a great source of procrastination XD

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

Procrastination FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

ohsurelook wrote: »
    Procrastination FTW!

Procrastination not ftw! .. I really need to study, nothing, at all is motivating me. It's not like the lc, where I can think of my college course and not repeating.. it's thee JC, where if I do excellent - no one cares, if I do good - no one cares, if I do average - no one cares...

Anyway I'm gonna introduce myself;
    I'm David and I'm lazy.

it's thee JC, where if I do excellent - no one cares, if I do good - no one cares, if I do average - no one cares...

Yeah,that's why I''m really just studying the subjects I care about. No time for geography,religion or music...Maybe in the month before the actual exam.

Yeah,that's why I''m really just studying the subjects I care about. No time for geography,religion or music...Maybe in the month before the actual exam.
    Yeah the subjects you wan't to keep on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Waheyy! :) I've always wanted to be part of one of these! XD ... I'm Nathan and I'm determined to get 12 A's in the Junior Cert.. :) I'm also a bit of a mental case :D & proud of it! :L

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Waheyy! :) I've always wanted to be part of one of these! XD ... I'm Nathan and I'm determined to get 12 A's in the Junior Cert.. :) I'm also a bit of a mental case :D & proud of it! :L
    12 A's? I'm only doing 10 subjects..granted my school doesn't have religion as an exam subject.

12 A's? I'm only doing 10 subjects..granted my school doesn't have religion as an exam subject.

Yea.. I'm not actually expecting 12 A's.. I just want um.. :D :P Yep 12 subjects:
    • English
    • Irish
    • Maths
    • Religion
    • CSPE
    • Science
    • Geography
    • History
    • French
    • Business
    • TG
    • Woodwork

Yea.. I'm not actually expecting 12 A's.. I just want um.. :D :P Yep 12 subjects:
    • English
    • Irish
    • Maths
    • Religion
    • CSPE
    • Science
    • Geography
    • History
    • French
    • Business
    • TG
    • Woodwork

Oh you do geog and history .. we get to pick both or either, I just picked geog :)

Indiego wrote: »
    Just sayin, you're gonna have a hard time beating last years one touch.boards.ie/thread/2056297628?page=1

Was it you who took a ton of subjects last year for the sake of it? If so, How did it go again? :)
    Oh you do geog and history .. we get to pick both or either, I just picked geog :)

Yea... It can be a drag at times but sure.. :P How's Geography Treating Ya? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Was it you who took a ton of subjects last year for the sake of it? If so, How did it go again? :)

Yea... It can be a drag at times but sure.. :P How's Geography Treating Ya? :rolleyes:

Really well, I'm gonna do it next year too, tbh I'm on top of all my subjects at the moment and should be set for June ... hopefully. I have all my courses finished, wbu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Indiego wrote: »

I think you're thinking of someone else XD I did the typical 11 subjects :o

History <3

What subjects are ye doing next year? Doing TY?

History <3

What subjects are ye doing next year? Doing TY?

I'm not doin' TY anyway.

My form looked like this;
    1.Accouting
    2.Business
    3.French
    4.Geography

How about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Hello fellow 3rd years ,I'm Partick and I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now(this tread to be exact) :P. Feels good to get out there haha :pac:
    Hows peoples easter study going ?

paddyzk wrote: »
    Hello fellow 3rd years ,I'm Partick and I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now(this tread to be exact) :P. Feels good to get out there haha :pac:
    Hows peoples easter study going ?

Sup Patrick.
    If I'm quite honest, not great! I'm doing maybe an hour a day! :O With the exception of Monday and Tuesday where I did like 2-3 hours..

I really am gonna start properly tomorrow, right through till the end of the break. I' gonna do 4+hours. I wan't all A's and B's (more A's obviously) with the exception of Irish, which I loath.. I hope to get a C in that.

As far as I see it, two months of hard work will pay off. I don't want to look down at a report card in September and say, ''Well I easily could've done better!''

How about your studying, hopefully it's better than mine.

Well study in school this week has kept me doing 3 hours a day :P.Only problem is I tend to study subjects I enjoy(maths,science) and just the leave the others.
    I've had my business book out for about 40 seconds over the past few days,not good.Business will be the death of me :eek:

Is it odd my school still hasn't given out the forms for subjects next year ? Most schools seem to have their's done.

Yeah.........I haven't studied at all yet.
    I'm starting tomorrow! Probably only end up doing History,Science,French,Maths,English,Irish (i.e. sexy subjects)

I may be mad, no I am mad, posting at 2.13pm.. anyway.
    Patrick, I'm not sure it is odd that you haven't gotten subject forms yet. I think you're school, nay any school, will only have to know the classes/subjects for next year by the end of the school year to let the students know, and to send out book lists. My Vice Principal (who does all this subject stuff) said he'd try and ''work on it over Easter'' ... whatever that means, It could mean I find out when I go back although I'm not sure why we'd need to know that early.
    And ''OhSureLook'', You class Irish as sexy? I loath the subject ever so much! It's the only subject I really need work on the rest I'm confident if I just keep on top of them. It's so hard to study a subject you hate!!! :(

It's so hard to study a subject you hate!!! :(

True dat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

wats de crack lads nd lassies ;) ... whats most people doing for their subject choices :P

paddzdaman wrote: »
    wats de crack lads nd lassies ;) ... whats most people doing for their subject choices :P

Accounting,
    Business,
    French,
    Geography. Yourself?

paddzdaman wrote: »
    Welcome ^^ :)
    So far I've decided on
    Biology
    Chemistry
    applied maths or physics, I cant pick !
    and German.

Polar opposite to you, Mr.kirk :pac:
    You must be quite good at business to be doing two business type subjects for the leaving :P

Welcome ^^ :)
    So far I've decided on
    Biology
    Chemistry
    applied maths or physics, I cant pick !
    and German.

Polar opposite to you, Mr.kirk :pac:
    You must be quite good at business to be doing two business type subjects for the leaving :P

Ha yeah, You must be good at science to be doing 2, possibly 3 science subjects. :)

What did you get in business in the mocks ?

What did you get in business in the mocks ?

A c, did no study what so ever though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Hey 3rd year lads and lassies, my name's Sarah and though I wasn't part of the JC thread last year, the TY OT thread gave me some of the best laugh during the long boring summer months... pity it's sorta died off now - can't wait for the LC thread though! :P
    Hope y'all aren't studying too hard - try to remember it's just an exam and you will get through it - and if you put in the work, it'll be so worth it to see the little letters on your results page ;)
    If anyone needs help with JC English PM me and I'll do my best - I asked for help with it last year and was very lucky to get great advice from another Boardsie - don't know if she's still knocking around, though :L just putting it out there! :)

Hopefully an A in June.

SChique00 wrote: »
    Hey 3rd year lads and lassies, my name's Sarah and though I wasn't part of the JC thread last year, the TY OT thread gave me some of the best laugh during the long boring summer months... pity it's sorta died off now - can't wait for the LC thread though! :P
    Hope y'all aren't studying too hard - try to remember it's just an exam and you will get through it - and if you put in the work, it'll be so worth it to see the little letters on your results page ;)
    If anyone needs help with JC English PM me and I'll do my best - I asked for help with it last year and was very lucky to get great advice from another Boardsie - don't know if she's still knocking around, though :L just putting it out there! :)

Hey Sarah, my name's David(not Kirk) .. I'm still waiting for someone to figure out my username, it's from a movie. :P
    English is one of my better ones, got an A in the mocks, if you have any idea of how to go about Irish though, I'd take you up on your offer. Your in TY now are ya? I'm not doing TY so maybe I'll see ya in the LC thread! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Hey Sarah, my name's David(not Kirk) .. I'm still waiting for someone to figure out my username, it's from a movie. :P
    English is one of my better ones, got an A in the mocks, if you have any idea of how to go about Irish though, I'd take you up on your offer. Your in TY now are ya? I'm not doing TY so maybe I'll see ya in the LC thread! :)

Lol I did wonder :p I consider myself a bit of a movie buff but I don't get your name :eek:
    Wow! - I got a C in my mocks but sure I got an A in the real thing so I reckon my English teacher was really tough on us :P
    Hmm.... I do like Irish though it's not one of my stronger subjects - any are in particular you have trouble with?
    If anyone needs a hand with French, History or Business I'd also be glad to help - all my favourite subjects, but English would be my main forté ;) not Maths or Science though, haven't a clue when it comes to logical shizz :confused:
    I am indeed - sorry I did it at all but it's a compulsory year in our school so I didn't have much choice :( coolio! I miss the TY thread badly for the lullzzz :pac:

Advertisement