Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yamaha P3500S Power Amplifier

• 21-01-2005 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi
    I've got a yamaha p3500s amplifier, Its fantastic, I normally use it at venues etc etc, But now i want to get my own speakers to suit it, I was looking at the yamaha s112v's (350W@8ohm), They are €299 each from thomann in germany,

Does anybody know if these are worth it - Ie , Can i get them cheaper anywhere else, Or, Should i go for something totally different

Digiking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Yamaha speakers are generally pretty good, although can sometimes be a bit too bright and punchy. What will you be using them for? If it's just vocals and the likes of guitars and keys etc you'll have no problems, but I wouldn't mic a drum kit or put a bass guitar through them at a gig, the 12" drivers just won't handle it. Maybe you could stretch to the 15" versions of those speakers.

The amp you have is great, I had one myself for a while and it was fantastic. It'll take much larger speakers, and is ideally suited for a 4 speaker 4ohm system, ie 2 bass bins and 2 tops.

Personally, having used many brands of speakers over the years, my preferred brand are Dynacord, particularly the Forum series speakers. They are a good bit more expensive than the Yamaha's mentioned above, but they would show off your amp more and in the long run offer better value for money in terms of performance per pound. The direct equivalent of the speaker above from Dynacord is the F120 if you want to compare them.

Hope some of that helps!

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Electric guitar, Plays/ Musicals Etc Etc,

Listning to cd's/ Ipod Etc Etc

Digiking

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Does anybody else have something to say, I need to make my decision, Almost set on s112v, And other advice, Should i buy bigger speakers or from a differant yamaha product range

Advertisement