Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bring Back Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Smithereens

didn't one of the presenters become a drug addict, was it Philip?

BTW I loved Bosco, bring him back!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mackjohn

Lads and Lassies....
    I'm looking for old video's, tapes LP etc of our little friend.. I'm 28 and still have one from the RTE studio's (not the one that was stolen) every once in a while I bring it out to Dublin Zoo or someplace public just to watch the look on people's face.. I'll add my name to the list to bring back our little friend to the TV. how about TG4 he dis speak a bit of Irish.. see link below for some more bosco material.

http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php?story_id=426
    http://www.mobileffects.com/polyphonic-be/tvshow-cg-0/boscotheredhairedfella-efbd.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I have the LP, all my friends come up just to see it! not me, but the LP gaud I'm loved....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭madfistbt

I want his cd, bosco golden oldies. I had it when I was a kid but must have thrown it our

I'm after borrowing a friends LP "Bosco Sings" just to MP3 it, (remember boys and girls, copying music that you don't own is wrong) so that it wont be lost to the ages of time like so many other works of music/TV. Wonderly Wangon was taped over every week or so to save on costs RTE are looking for footage of these as they don't have much themselves please check your video tapes (VHS + Betamax). In the meantime here is the list of tracks off the LP.
    Side One:
    Bosco's Theme
    This is where I live
    Shoes, Stockings and Laces
    See me sail
    where do you live
    the big tree sways
    I am a bandsman
    Windy Day
    Double Bubble Trouble
    The Shadow Song

Side Two
    Mirror Mirror
    I'm painting
    food, food, food,
    the baby who had a balloon
    busy bumble bee
    the ball of string
    ring-a-ding-ding
    saw saw saw
    ronnie the rhino
    paper paper
    Bosco's Theme

ahhh the memories.... come flooding back.... quickly followed by a vist to my shrink to tell him/them I now know who owns one of the voices in my head, the one one singing off tune and out of key is........ BOSCO.

• Advertisement

how do you MP3 an LP??? TELL ME NOOOW

Get a good mp3 player (www.digmind.com) DMC 500 is the one I have/use. Place record (large CD shaped Disc but black in colour and one grove going from the outside all in way in to the center in a spiral manner, normally two of these track per disc one each side.) on to record player... now the fun stuff

PRINT OFF THIS PAGE BRING WITH YOU TO THE SHOPS

look at all the cables coming from record player, 7pin din, 5pin din, phono, 3.5 stero jack etc. etc .etc. now one or more of these wires/cables things transfer the music from your record (large CD shaped Disc....) to either an AMP or direct to your speaker.... depends on the model and what way you have your system set up. If you have a good MP3 player it should also allow you to record with it, if it is a very good one then it will have a socket to allow you to plug in a mic or other audio source... remember all those cables with the dust and spider webs all over, well get yourself down to Maplins/Sony or some other hi-fi shop, not extra vision or pcworld etc.. my dead goldfish has more understanding of the diffrence between RAM and ROM, AC power and DC power than those who are paid to work there... right...emmm ya cables, once there ask any member of staff to help, take out your MP3 player explain to the member of staff the type of conection (end of cable part with silver, red, black what's-me-callit) with your left hand flat against the right side of your face with the fingers pointing down. while your right hand trys to describe the cable by drawing it wildly in the air. If you don't gat thrown out of the shop and do in fact get your cables they should work (Maplins staff always seem to know what your looking for no matter how many big words you try to fit into your sentence, and make it sound as if you have been doing it for years) - (don't forget to buy some other cool gadet when your there you will need it some day or so Sonny, Phill, Sean from Dublin and Andrew from Cork keep telling me) Can anyone go in to maplins and just buy the ONE thing they went in for. right at this stage you should have a hand full of cables (an extra 15cent and you would have a bag full) your Mp3 player/recorder, your record (large CD shaped Disc....) and your record player. take two asprin and call me in the morning.. that was a big day out for you you techophille.... now nice and carefully see which wire/cables come from where... the one you are looking for are labeled along the lines of PHONO in /out.. Speakers L/R if this doesn't make any sence to you STOP right now you are going to kill yourself (emmm DARWIN award time will I tell them to go on or to stop) if you can understand all of the above carry on (must contact boards.ie legal and find out am i covered if some one fry's themself or destory's their record player or MP3 player) CAUTION misuse or use of this Article may destory your life/property. (there we go and i thought I wouldn't have a nice title for this post). press record on MP3 and play/start on record player. stop after a few seconds to check if it works. if so carry on. record each song, and there you go or else you could just check below.

NOTICE: Each MP3 player is diffrent as is each record player the above article is because i'm tired you can always check the Help files on your PC (PC is Personal Computer which covers Laptops, IBM compatible machines, note books apples comodre64 etc etc) and hopefully conect your hi-fi to your audio in on your pc find and download a program called LAME along with codec that you may require and play around untill you get the settings right. Check out Google with ref the names of your own system someone has done it before. This is another reason Bosco should be back on Air less people would be working on computers they would all be talking about Bosco... I'm looking for free BLOG space.. this is fun just ranting away..

Hello to the staff of Maplins Dublin and Cork, Sorry Limerick, Galway haven't been over to you yet.. your managers should have warned you about me though.. I think it's on day two before the whole safety lectures.

Regrads John M.

Please put the bosco mp3s on a website, like the man in the zig and zag thread did. I would emmm be thankful and stufff

Christ man was just re-reading my rant to make sure it was ok to leave up there and Mailwasher told me I have new mail. and low and behold when i checked clicked on the lik it's you replying to my post before I could finishe reading it.

Check out
    http://www.antibosco.tk/

All in the name of bosco!!!, it will be mine oh yes it will be mine (dont take this as arrogance just hopefullness)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

no, don't.

Rte puppets in order of appearance , bosco, zig and zag, dustin, podge and rodge there getting ruder and ruder, If bosco was around now she would be giving head

Right happy people I need web site address or shall I just post them here... two files both under 20mg. Or if some one has site let me know i'll ftp or e-mail them to you..

mack

You really should put Aunty bosco on megaupload.com. Its real easy, I hope Mrs Bosco is going to be what I hoped for

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=359PGQ42
    side one... up and ready to download...
    can people leave me know if the quality is ok then i'll post side two...

If it all works out ok i'll do the whole scanning and create PDF of the song sheet and cover..
    Regards John M.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oh jesus - I just opened a link there a few pages back and left it running in the background and all of a sudden the bosco theme tune comes blasting out of my laptop - me ****in' heart .... i'm nearly after cacking myself.

So when is the official storming of the RTE offices to take the tapes happening ?

c - 13 wrote:
    So when is the official storming of the RTE offices to take the tapes happening ?

Just give me prior notice cos I'm not in Ireland, so it'll take some planning on my part to be there ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41199VXZ

Did anyone download the first side to the LP..? I've done what I can for now... now it's time to hassel the new TV station TV6 for them to re-show it....:)

mackjohn wrote:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41199VXZ

Did anyone download the first side to the LP..? I've done what I can for now... now it's time to hassel the new TV station TV6 for them to re-show it....:)

I downloaded it, the good news is, it worked :D the bad news is the sound is very low, but thanks, I'm just downloading the second side, I'll let you know what it's like.

mack your LP is some scratched! Thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OMG!!! Bosco is talking on the album!!! it's mental hearing his voice!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the album, any one who annoys me is gonna get this blasted down there ears. Bosco talks about Taytos and everything, the sound is really quite I might edit it on an mp3 editor and cut the tracks if I can be fuked. I reckon boscos defineteley a girl hearing her voice again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

no Bosco is a boy but a girl did the voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah its brilliant thanks a lot..bosco, well I always refersed to bosco as a he, but most of the time the voice was blamed on the hand up his ass...its really quiet, I had it up full blast to listen to it at a regular volume, then I kind of forgot and played another cd. The neighbours were not happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Actually now that I think of it -

LeRack - any joy hiring out that warehouse full of boxes for the giant bosco boards get together party thing ? :)
    (It was you suggested that on one of the other threads wasnt it ?)

ALL HAIL BOSCO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Can we bring back Seamus and Shiela McSpud as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

tk123 wrote:
    no Bosco is a boy but a girl did the voice!
    Bosco is neither boy or girl, that much was clarified by the original puppeteer before she died.

I'm only a one girl army here! :(
    BUUT there are a few warehouses around here we could use but it would have to be b.y.b (bring your own boxes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yay....name the warehouse, then the morning before we can go traling around shops begging for free boxes..who owns a warehouse???

• Advertisement

skaters

Advertisement