Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newry to Monaghan

• 11-09-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Ok so im attending a course every Monday evening in the Regional college in Newry.
    I can get a bus from Monaghan to Newry via Armagh but by the time the course is over - 21:30 there is no return bus this late.

My only option is to get a bus from Newry - Dublin Airport and then Airport - Monaghan which would be a trip of nearly over 4 hours.

Does anyone know any other way i could get back home ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

ak4 wrote: »
    Ok so im attending a course every Monday evening in the Regional college in Newry.
    I can get a bus from Monaghan to Newry via Armagh but by the time the course is over - 21:30 there is no return bus this late.

My only option is to get a bus from Newry - Dublin Airport and then Airport - Monaghan which would be a trip of nearly over 4 hours.

Does anyone know any other way i could get back home ?

Looking at the Transport for Ireland app, which now includes the North, they incredibly suggest getting a bus at 21.55 to Dublin Airport, getting an Ulsterbus coach to Derry from the airport via Armagh and Dungannon, and changing back onto a bus at 4.30 in the morning from Derry to Monaghan, arriving at 06.10. The option via the Airport leaves at 20.51.

I'd blag a lift if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Hi OP,

I had a think about it there and it is a tough one! I had a look at the Bus Eireann and the majority of their services are during the day. Just remember to check services before traveling with them. I'm not 100% sure but their was word (apparently announced on local radio) that the airport service would be ended as there were so many complaints about it. You would need to check that out. Also, you could check out the train - leaves Newry and heads to Portadown. Or you could hitch as previously mentioned! Good luck!

Advertisement