Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Protest March against Household Tax/water tax/ septic tank tax/turf cutters etc..

• 05-03-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Protest march on Saturday 10th March in Newbridge at 2pm .. Meeting at St conleths church ( Church beside the River). Bring banners and signs and make noise and express your anger against this government and its unfair tax regime.

Comments

What's the reason for it being held so soon after the last one?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

The reason for having it so close to last one is because we want let people know that this campaign is still alive and well and growing by the day. This campaign well be successful and it is just the Beginning. We need people to wake up and fight back and take back our country.

Well fair play to ye, I'm not around the town that day so can't join in. Was down for the last one, and was suprised by the turnout, let's hope it's bigger this time. I wish we could get the whole country moving like that and take it to the Dáil.

That's what we are aiming for. If we get enough people together a March on Dail is exactly what we need to do. Thanks for your support and im sure you will be there in spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Is the protest really for all these things? I can understand the first three of Household Tax/water tax/ septic tank tax/turf cutters, but the last one is a completely separateissue involving the loss of rights to cut the last few bits of protected bog in the country- compensation hs been offered and sought by the vast majority of people concerned- I'd support the tax-related campaign, but not turf cutting aspect.

• Advertisement

Not everybody will agree with each of the campaigns. We simply need to unite together. We all don't trust this Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

My point is that I agree with the first three but (strongly) disagree with the fourth issue- I couldn't pretend to go along with it, just to support the others. I've been at too many protests where rentamob "protesters" suddenly appear, particularly wher the media cameras are, with professionally-made posters bearing the names of political organisations- I would feel a similar unease in that a small minority of people only there for the turf-cutting issue would be using the wider issue to claim they have more support than they do (sorry, not trying to take over the thread, just raising a legitimate issue, in my opinion about an agenda that is too broad for me).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and none of it is an issue for this forum. I'm closing this thread on the basis that the event has been publicised. Discussion of the issues involved is more suited to the appropriate fora on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement