Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    May 26th no?

That makes a lot more sense.

Edited now. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

jamc wrote: »
    That makes a lot more sense.

Edited now. Thanks :)

Phew, cause waiting till March 2014, was not an option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Huzzah!

Would love even a snippet of new footage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

jamc wrote: »

Amazing! This is going to be a total binge. I've been re-watching the series from the start, one of my all time favorite shows.

****ing perfect, after my exams but before I go away.

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »
    Amazing! This is going to be a total binge. I've been re-watching the series from the start, one of my all time favorite shows.

Long Binge, I'm planning on getting them all in in the day or 2 before the new ones come out :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Steve Holt!

I had just finished watching, once again, the entire run; what excellent timing to read this news :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

haven't we known for ages that it was going to be may?

haven't we known for ages that it was going to be may?
    Well.. yes and no.

It was mentioned on a few sites, but Netflix wouldn't confirm it.

Basq wrote: »
    Well.. yes and no.

It was mentioned on a few sites, but Netflix wouldn't confirm it.

Am I safe enough in assuming that the Netflix exclusives are carried on Netflix in all countries? Similar to House of Cards etc.

• Advertisement

Am I safe enough in assuming that the Netflix exclusives are carried on Netflix in all countries? Similar to House of Cards etc.
    Yep, the press release indicates it'll be released in all territories on that date..
    Highly-Anticipated Fourth Season Launches with 15-Episodes (Not a Typo)

Twitter Pitch: We've made a huge mistake. There are actually 15 NEW episodes of #ArrestedDevelopment launching on @Netflix May 26

ad.jpg

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix will premiere its highly-anticipated fourth season of Arrested Development on Sunday, May 26, 2013. All 15-episodes of the Emmy® Award-winning comedy from series creator/executive producer Mitchell Hurwitz will be available for members to watch instantly at launch.

Arrested Development will be available to all Netflix members instantly at 12:01 AM PDT in territories where Netflix is available – U.S., Canada, the UK, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics.

"Arrested Development is now widely viewed as one of the top TV comedies of all time and Mitch Hurwitz is bringing it to Netflix in a brand new way, crafted for the on-demand generation that has come to discover the show in the years since it last appeared on TV," said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer for Netflix. "The highly anticipated return of this show is sure to make history all over again."

"Ted said that? Wow. Well don't print this obviously, but he's going to be immensely disappointed. In truth we are doing something very ambitious that can only be done with Netflix as partners and on their platform. Finally my simple wish for the show is coming true: that it be broadcast every second around the clock to every television, computer or mobile device in existence," said series creator and executive producer Mitch Hurwitz.

Arrested Development centers around Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth II (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay's husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat).

Mitchell Hurwitz, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Jim Vallely and Troy Miller are executive producers on Arrested Development, and it is produced by Imagine TV and 20th Century Fox Television for Netflix. Arrested Development has garnered accolades from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (Emmy®), AFI, the Golden Globes, Producer's Guild Awards, Screen Actor's Guild, the Television Critics Association and the Writer's Guild, among others.

I just blue myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hopefully this will be available through the usual channels.

Barring a leak it'll likely be at least evening time before they'll all be up.

I don't mind paying, few of us will be getting together for it but my mate's gaff has **** broadband and all that streaming without any hitches is unlikely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Barring a leak it'll likely be at least evening time before they'll all be up.

I don't mind paying, few of us will be getting together for it but my mate's gaff has **** broadband and all that streaming without any hitches is unlikely. :(

I find Netflix streams quite well on poor internet connections. Only 1 MB back home and I was able to watch breaking bad over the christmas no problem. Weither there'll be issues with traffic on the day is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

disappointed there's still no trailer or at least a 20 second promo clip.

i would encourage people to not pirate this, but at least sign up for the free netflix trial to watch this. The show deserves some credit and if it does well we may get a feature length movie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

EyeSight wrote: »
    disappointed there's still no trailer or at least a 20 second promo clip.

i would encourage people to not pirate this, but at least sign up for the free netflix trial to watch this. The show deserves some credit and if it does well we may get a feature length movie :)

Ya I am terrible for watching stuff online, but I plan to support this and watch it on Netflix! Will either get the free trial or if that for some reason does not work, I will ask my parents nicely if they wouldn't mind paying for a months subscription :L I am so excited though. I hope it is as good as the first 3 seasons!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The only thing that's tempering my enthusiasm is that apparently the episodes will not always feature the cast together, that each episode will instead focus on one particular character at the expense of others. So I'm a bit disappointed to think we won't get a lot of Bluth family moments or crossovers...

There's always money in the banana stand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You can get the free months trial off netfllix,is 7 euro too much for people seriously?The amount of stuff on netflix even for one month its worth it.If there any chance of a movie then I recommend not to pirate!

Anyway I cant wait !!

I doubt the free trial will cover all the episodes.

Like I said, it's Ireland, I doubt I'll be able to watch them all without interruption :(

I doubt the free trial will cover all the episodes.

Like I said, it's Ireland, I doubt I'll be able to watch them all without interruption :(

Why not,its a free trial so why would they restrict you for one show.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Won't work here anyway so like with everything else I have no option but to get it by other means.

You can get the free months trial off netfllix,is 7 euro too much for people seriously?The amount of stuff on netflix even for one month its worth it.If there any chance of a movie then I recommend not to pirate!

Anyway I cant wait !!

+1. Plus you'll get seasons 1-3 and loads of other good stuff!

Why not,its a free trial so why would they restrict you for one show.
    Because they're trying to make money.
    Won't work here anyway so like with everything else I have no option but to get it by other means.
    Where's here?

Because they're trying to make money.

Where's here?

When I had my free trial I wasnt restricted on any tv show/movies.

When I had my free trial I wasnt restricted on any tv show/movies.

Earlier in the thread someone said they limited people on a free trial to just a couple of episodes of House of Cards, makes sense.

Earlier in the thread someone said they limited people on a free trial to just a couple of episodes of House of Cards, makes sense.

I can only speak for my own experience, but I signed up for the free trial mainly to watch house of cards, I watched the whole thing under the free trail, no problems. since become a subscriber.

• Advertisement

I can only speak for my own experience, but I signed up for the free trial mainly to watch house of cards, I watched the whole thing under the free trail, no problems. since become a subscriber.

iirc, you could watch the first two episodes for free, without registering; once you registered for an account (free trial) you got to watch the whole series.

Advertisement