Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New RTE Weather Presenter?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Yep that was it you've a great memory

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice little sign off from Joanna Donelly there in reference to Chuck Berry "be good"

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Nice little sign off from Joanna Donelly there in reference to Chuck Berry "be good"

So, she seems to have a little thing going on now, where she cryptically references the name of someone who died that day, at the end of her weather report...
    And the whole country goes "Ahh..wasn't that nice"
    B⊙\\⊙¢k§

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

she's a great sense of humour:D - you should follow her on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

shes gas on twitter alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

So who are we looking forward to dying now?.:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    So who are we looking forward to dying now.:):D

Dean Martin for "Let it Snow", but since he's already dead maybe she can use his anniversary which is interestingly on December 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Well that's it for the weather, now I'm ready, for, to, watch the dancin'.!!!
    (Big cheesy grin and exagerated shoulder shrug)
    These quirky sign offs are becoming much more frequent.
    And irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And irritating.

was wondering what the hell she said

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And irritating.

Get a sense of humour ffs. She's doing no harm to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I realise that she is admired on here, but Johanna does my head in, she can't talk and just keeps stuttering and stopping starting! It has improved but even now it still does irritate me.

Her selectiveness of who she does the sign offs to is also quite strange, suppose it's personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I realise that she is admired on here, but Johanna does my head in, she can't talk and just keeps stuttering and stopping starting! It has improved but even now it still does irritate me.

Her selectiveness of who she does the sign offs to is also quite strange, suppose it's personal choice.

There was no mention of the dancing at 9.30pm!! Like a lot of us i'd say she didn't feel AOM was the best dancer.

She's herself. I think she is becoming more confident in being herself and we'll have plenty more celeb mentions, dare i say 'populist' little additions.

She annoys me at times and then, at other times, like other posters i say what the heck Joanna is being Joanna :)

What actually annoys me more is that you have to be a rock/film star to get a mention. But i suppose they make more of a mark on the popular conscience than a civil servant like TK Whitaker. It's safe enough to mention them too, if she mentioned Martin McGuinness she'd end up being pilloried. THe old adage about discussing politics and religion. It's a funny old world..

Just a little joke here..

Did anyone have thoughts of Joanna presenting the weather forecast in a Bunny Uniform as a tribute to Hugh Heffner last night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

nagdefy wrote: »
    Just a little joke here..

Did anyone have thoughts of Joanna presenting the weather forecast in a Bunny Uniform as a tribute to Hugh Heffner last night:D

I'd prefer Jean myself;)

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I'd prefer Jean myself;)

Jean would never but Joanna ... just might;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Who on earth did Joanna D's hair on 9 o'clock weather forecast tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭secman

See Joanna winked tonight..... maybe for the nights that's in it.... good luck on the retirement Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Strada

Well I just love Joanna Donnelly, her voice her knowledge and she is a total flirt. My testosterone levels go through the roof when she comes on telly. Ha!

Advertisement