Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Least favourite dinosaurs.

• 15-08-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Alright, lets try something slightly different.

Where ever you go on the paleo forums, inevitably you get the "Favourite Dino" thread or somesuch.

Here is your chance to list those dinos that you wished didn't make it into the fossil record. You know the ones that justifiably (in your opinion) ended up in Darwins wastebasket.

This is home for the over-hyped, the pointless, the fugly (but not so much that they are cool) etc.

The only rule is you have to explain your choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dracorex Hogwartsia. Nothing against it as a creature in itself. In fact it looks pretty cool. I just hate it's name. One of those cases where I hope Jack Horner is right in that it's a juvenille Stygimoloch/Pachecephalosaurus.
    Harry Potter? Really? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Come to think of it Robert T. Bakker has a hint of Dumbleedore about him...

RTBakker.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

10. Therozinosaurus. How in the name of any three small furry mammals you care to mention did nature in all her might, majesty, wonder and splendor produce this. I tell you it's proof that the creator was on acid...

9. Alioramus. Damn you for keeping your individual species status when Nano-T is loosing his. It's not fair. Not FAIR I tells ya!

8. Guanlong wucaii. Famous for being....well a Tyrannosaur. Kind of like saying "I'm Elvis's Great-great...great Granduncle. - By Marriage.

7. The entire family of Ichthyosaurs. Look, You are not fish.

This is REALLY difficult....I'm sorry I started it now.

6. Pachyrinosaurus. A horned dinosaur. - Wait. It isn't....

5. Sauropods. Yes they were big. So is my uncle. That doesn't make him cool. It just makes him big.

4. Torvosaurus. Ceratasaurus and Allosaurus have their own TV show. They made it into JFC feckin' twice! Where were you?

3. Spinosaurus. Just. Don't. Go. There.

2. Tyrannosaurus Rex. like a lotto winner. Suddenly he finds he has an awefull lot of family nobody knew about before.

And finally #1 Surprise surprise.

1. Allosaurus. Becuse you died and left no decendants in the late Cretatious when things got really really big.
    Feckin' quitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I must be a really sad person, but I can't list a single creature I dislike. Maybe Sea scorpions but then again we all have to live.

Nope I can't think of a single one, sorry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    I must be a really sad person, but I can't list a single creature I dislike. Maybe Sea scorpions but then again we all have to live.

Nope I can't think of a single one, sorry.

Im actually with you, I don´t dislike any creatures. Sea scorpions are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

3. Spinosaurus. Just. Don't. Go. There.

go there!

explain?

Advertisement