Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4od on new samsung smart tvs?????

• 22-05-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Is there any way I can get 4oD on my samsung smart tv? I have rte, tv3 and tg4 player but I don't know how to get 4oD. Do I need to use a DNS or something? I don't see why 4oD isn't in the app store as it is not restricted in Ireland like BBC and ITV are.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know there is a Samsung app, but it's called "All 4" now.

Don't think your location is a problem, the iPad app works over here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Far as I know there is a Samsung app, but it's called "All 4" now.

Don't think your location is a problem, the iPad app works over here anyway.

That's actually what I meant to type but no it isn't in the app store and I have it on my pc and ipad but it would just be nice to have it on the tv too

Samsung TV
    To start watching All 4, press the Smart TV button on your remote control to access the Smart Hub area. If the All 4 app is not yet available on your dashboard, go to Search and enter ‘All 4’. You will need to install the application to access All 4 on your Samsung TV.

Minimum requirements:

Requires Samsung Smart Hub enabled TV
    Requires a broadband Internet connection connected to your Samsung TV
    Note the space between All and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

It could be location specific.
    My UK Samsung smart TV has the All4 app preinstalled but not the RTE player or the other Irish ones you've mentioned.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

Thanks, I seen that thread but it is to do with the older version smart tv. Mine has Tizen OS. Still no luck:(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

My Sony Android TV has Chromecast built-in so I can get All 4 that way. Does Samsung not have that functionality? I know they have screen mirroring (not great) but do they not also have Chromecast built in these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Dazzling D wrote: »
    My Sony Android TV has Chromecast built-in so I can get All 4 that way. Does Samsung not have that functionality? I know they have screen mirroring (not great) but do they not also have Chromecast built in these days?

Does Chromecast add any new functionality over what a normal smart TV does? I have Chromecast (from when I had a different TV) and I've never noticed any features beyond what my Samsung Smart TV can do without it. We were actually thinking of giving away the Chromecast as it's useless to us.

The new Tizen OS doesn't have chromecast. Although screen mirroring is pretty good

Advertisement