Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vokera ehe

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

gdavis wrote: »
    While we on subject of schooldays,anyone have much working knowledge of sime format 24e? Had head melted with one today??

Why? What was wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

fast and furious this evening here..lol..was just gonna ask the same question johnnie, assume you mean a format 24 EI (or he?)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

Was told that boiler goes into lockout every so often but becoming more frequent now,system has 2 zones in apartment.customer told me they have to power off and back on again to reset which had pcb bells ringing in my head.anyhow went through sequence of boiler,all seemed a1.boiler fired and did as it should on central heating,when I changed to hw on programmer boiler cutting in/out every minute or so,motorised valve not an issue,or pump circulation,I changed thermistor as thought( wrongly) that on the shorter circuit the boiler was being told it was up to temp and shutting down.anyway,long story short,fan ,gas valve,high limit stat all fine,boiler never went to lockout while I was there but did keep cutting in and out on hw.

Haven't even got to the original lockout issue yet!

Did you check the programmer? Could be a loose contact on the DHW.

• Advertisement

Of course it is cutting in/out on DHW only, as full potential of the boiler is on the cylinder only.

Does the appliance modulate correctly? Are max min burner pressures correct? Is the boiler max output correctly ranged (potentiometers behind the control knob)

I think you may find the original lockout was the thermistor (plenty of times on that boiler had it) the led is solid orange for thermistor fault, but had it just one flash orange then disappear before causing a lockout, can never say never on the pcb though.

I could lie and say yes but no I didn't! But I really don't think that's the issue,as it starts first time every time when I put it on to hw if u get me,but I'm liking ur train of thought ,u will be kept lol

I know it is shorter run dgobs but is cutting in/ out from cold at same interval if u know what I mean but when it cuts out light stays green as if it's running,I had no manual for it on my memory stick,will have to go googling later and check burner pressures etc. just thought someone may be able to point me in general direction from previous experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

did you check the venturi:pac:

I know it's a long shot but are any of the potentiometers loose on the pcb. I had one last year and the on/off selector on the pcb was loose causing the boiler to periodically go on and off when running.

• Advertisement

Whats the water like? Dirty? Could be a heat exchanger?

But more likely the max/min burner pressures are not correct and the boiler isn't modulating, on DHW there is too much heat going into the heat exchanger, measure the temperature at the thermistor point while it occurs, bet it's up to temperature, on CH you may not have the issue. Outside chance if the water is dirty the heat exchanger is on its way out!

Water didn't seem too bad at all to the eye but would have thought pressure on gauge at boiler would rise more than usual if heat exchanger blocked and also rads heat up in minutes on ch

Can answer u that one... Em...tomorrow johnny !! Although the on / off knob was loose and kept falling off now that u mention it and wasn't catching the inner knob properly without bit of fidgeting to secure it in right spot

Have had flow issues in those heated changers before without 'usual' indicators

But nothings for sure without check gas pressures, correct modulation and flow temperatures first.

True dgobs,cheers for replies from all u nerds lol,I shall get stuck into said boiler with manual and analyser in morn and get to bottom of it

gdavis wrote: »
    True dgobs,cheers for replies from all u nerds lol,I shall get stuck into said boiler with manual and analyser in morn and get to bottom of it

How did you get on with that Sime?

they gone away so wont get to it til next week

Advertisement