Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Hi Tara good luck tomo. My best advice would be to always remember to have 1/3 of your meal in fruit/veg. Make sure you have plenty of "free" food on hand for when you get peckish and always have a couple of homemade standby meals in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Joining tomorrow guys. I only have 2 stone to loose (at the very most), I'd just like to tone my body up a lot! I've a bridesmaid dress to look hot in for december!

any newbie tips?

Good Luck!!! I'm joining tomorrow also - looking forward to it.

agrif06 wrote: »
    Good Luck!!! I'm joining tomorrow also - looking forward to it.

Good luck to you too. Also just to advise for the first meeting you must be there at the start as the consultant meets with all the new members and goes through the plan with them. When you attend the following weeks you first of all queue to pay then join the separate queue to be weighed, so make sure you go in the right queue.

Things to stock up on are veg, fruit, potatoes, rice, pasta, lean meats, tinned tomatoes, spices, eggs, baked beans fat free yogurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Hi Everyone.
    I joined SW this evening after years of WW on and off. Delighted to have this forum. we can all keep each other motivated. god knows ill probably need it!

What do people have for lunch? think im gonna miss bread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi All!!

After the Christmas, Im back all guns blazing on Slimming World, along with my sister and cousin. Today for lunch I'm going to have some boiled potatoes left over from last nights dinner. I slice them up, and fry them with fry lite. Along with some beans and scrambled egg...delish!! I will also have to do some mushrooms, I do struggle sometimes to get superfree foods into me. For example, the other day I had SW chips, egg, beans and grilled bacon. I had peas as well but just after checking and they are not superfree!! should have had some salad as well..I'll know for again!!

This is my second week, I lost 2.5 pounds last week. I have also re-joined a gym after being un-active for 3 months due to an injury. Im hoping to be 10 pounds lighter by May, as I have a wedding in Hungary..Can't wait!!

• Advertisement

Welcome cat and bub! For me I sometimes feel like I am having two dinners. Todays lunch is home made turkey burgers made with turkey mince, onions, a pepper and garlic and a couple spoons chilli powder. They are delish I will have them with a small portion of homemade chips in actifryer sprayed with a little lowfat spray oil and I will have a couple of portions of fruit after to makeup my 1/3 superfree.

My other lunch ideas are jacket potato with curried baked beans/tuna and a salad. If you eat eggs an omlette made with lots of veg and some ham. A potato fritta. Homemade soup. SW chips and beans and salad. Batchelors savory rice with some chicken breast. If I dont use my hexb for brekfast then I make a sandwich using weight watchers wholemeal bread and have fruit and yogurt. Homemade chilli and rice/jacket/baby new potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 matildajane

I hate dieting - was starving on ww. Literally going to bed at 9pm to keep out of the fridge! I have lost 2st on SW since July and can honestly say I was never hungry. havent followed the programme for December but only gained back a pound. My conscientiousness just wouldnt let me overindulge too much over Christmas. My tips are plan ahead. Keep the fruit bowl full. Get the steam veg portions to ensure you always have a quick 1/3 superfree to add to a meal. If you are making stews and caseroles cook an extra portion of veg separately - I never would have done this before. For breakfast I have porridge made with skimmed milk or an omlette with grilled tomato. some days if I am hurrying I have a bananna and a harvest moon 70 cals bar from aldi. Lunch is usually pasta with chicken and salad or 4 wheat crackers with low fat laughing cow cheese (two triangles), ham or tuna and tomato. I finish with an orange and a muller light yoghurt. dinner then is whatever the family is having but with my extra veg and I keep away from creamy sauces. I eat little or no bread. At the weekends I have a couple of glasses of wine and a chinese takeaway - beef in blackbean sauce with boiled rice.

I back with the programme this week. Still a stone or so to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thanks all! Just after reading. Love my fruit and veg. Me and the OH have just cleared out the cupboards at home before I go! Planning on a massive "free foods" shop tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I'm having my eggs and beans on toast for brekkie and fish pie tonight!

Forgot to say, my OH's mum is joining with me, if ever that was a reason to motivate me to lose weight, it's that she can check up on me!!

Good Morning everyone,
    My sister had her first weigh-in last night, unfortunately she stayed the same!! She is absolutely gutted, as usually the first week should be your best? Her leader said this can happen sometimes and to keep it up this week to see if there is a loss next week. It is very dis-heartening. However, a girl in her class told her she also lost nothing in the 1st week, and is now 2 stone down!!
    I hope she keeps the faith though, as I have no nearby classes where I live and so am relying on her for support!!

Your poor sister, get her to do a food journal and show it to the c next week it might help. It is disheartening but I dont think you really know if a diet suits you until you are on it at least a month if not more. We are all given a number for our c maybe she could give her a ring for a pep talk.

If your sis drops out dont worry we can support each other here!

• Advertisement

It's my boyfriends birthday today, so heading to the chinese tonight...

Chicken chow mein only 5 syns?? Yes please!!!

Loving how much perkier I am with the fruit n veggies!

Chicken in Black Bean Sauce also 5 syns, and you can eat all the boiled rice!!

OOOOOh BAD weekend for me!!!
    Was working late Friday so had me arm twisted to go for dinner, starvation took over so ordered fillet steak (good) chips (not good) and veggies (Good). Unfortunately it came out covered in sauce!!
    After that I was good on Saturday but had 2 bottles of Miller and Chicken Fatitas yesterday...not good!! Then I had a bowl of Corn Flakes last night...weird cravings!!!
    Start fresh today though, intend to try and get things back on track, gym tonight!! Lost half pound last week, although could have been more, weigh-in was Sat morning, after the meal Fri night! Whoops!!!

I had an awful night on saturday night.. well I went to a friends party. Was really really really good when i was sober. No chips, cocktail sausages or crisps..

Then the shots came out.. As far as i know, i then had 8 cocktail sausages, 3 chicken dippers and a bag of chipsticks!! LOL It was the alcohol which was the bugger.

But on the plus side, the next day, I didn't do what I normally do and eat everything in sight, I got right back on the ball, although all i wanted was chocolate, I held out. Proud of myself now! :D

I knew I wouldnt be able to make this weeks meeting so didnt have a great week at all this week. I find I am craving sweet things this last couple of days. Somethimes it can be hard to stretch those syns! I have decided to have two alpen light bars as my hexb for the next few days I will have this in the eve as a snack. My usual hexb is 2 slices of ww wholemeal bread as part of my breakfast with beans. So breakfast today was fruit and yogurt. I made turkey mince burgers they were gorgeous had them with some homemade chips done in the actifryer gorgeous!!!

When is everone elses weighin day, mine is on a tues doesnt give a lot of time to recover from the weekend!:o

Mines a tues/wednes depending on the venue cos I work! Lost 6 pound on my first weigh in, it must be a flux, LOL! But have been sticking to it like a dog cos I wanna follow the book n make improvements!

I know I can do it!

Well done tatabubbly thats an amazing loss!! I weigh in at home on Saturday Morning, heres hoping for damage control after the weekend! By the way my sister who lost nothing on week one was down 2 pounds this week, delighted!

I have my weigh in on a Monday. helps keep me stay on track over the weekend. well. ish!! i lost 3 pounds at my first weigh in. was hopin for maybe 4 but ill get over it!! Joined the gym and the guy there(HOTTIE!! ;)) made up a programme for me. been three times this week so hopefully will show on the scales and Im startin back to gaelic training on Sat so hoping that will help me with my fitness!!
    I have realised it is in the evenings when my son goes to bed that I start gettin my sweet cravings. been havin a yogurt or fruit but sometimes Snack a Jacks. What other crisps are lowish in Syns?

You can get a six pack of Walkers Baked Crisps, 5.5 Syns per pack, salt and vinegar are delish. The cheese and onoin flavour are also sold seperately in some shops but I'm not sure if they are a bigger bag, as I have never bought them.

The 30g bag manhattan popcorn are 6.5 syns 15g bag is 3.5. One syn is equal to 20 calories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi all just joined on Tuesday am a weight watchers veteran just looking for something new
    Just wondering how you guys manage when eating out. Have found it fine so far as have been cooking from scratch but will be out for lunch tomorrow not sure how I will manage

In your book Tmeos, there should be a section at the back with the syn values of regular meals which you would get in a chinese, mexican, italian etc.. Brill cos you don't feel a little bit guilt when eating!! :)

Having an okay week, I find the busier I am the harder it is to get in my three meals a day and my healthy extras!!! But I think forward planning and lots of lists are beginning to help! I also have taken up walking for at least 15 mins ever day and it also seems to help on the scales!

Another pound down tonight! delighted about it, all my xmas weight is off.

Hoping to start on the excess fat i've been lugging around!

Well, I had weigh in on Monday night. Only second weigh in and I was UP 2lb.
    so disheartening because I had done 3 gym sessions and gaelic training. :mad:

i was away for sat nite and brought fruit with me for car journey (4hours long) and even though my brother was scoffing sweets, I stayed strong! tried to do the flexi syn thing and i didnt drink half as much as I would before i joined SW and was straight back to normality on Sunday. So I was really p*ss*d off at weigh in.

My leader took my food diary so maybe she'll be able to help me.

I am doing my best this week and have been to gym twice already. and went to the cinema and brought my alpen light bars (hexb) and my walkers baked.

Hopefully will have the 2lb off next week or ill lose all motivation.

Yeah, stick with it bubsicle! The loss you want will come! In fairness, i'm here trying to sit on my hands at the moment. I'm on 16 syns today and I really want some more chocolate. Its cos of my TOTM, but I'm hoping I can pull it back and get my 2lb loss that I'm looking for!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

bubsicle wrote: »
    Well, I had weigh in on Monday night. Only second weigh in and I was UP 2lb.
    so disheartening because I had done 3 gym sessions and gaelic training. :mad:

i was away for sat nite and brought fruit with me for car journey (4hours long) and even though my brother was scoffing sweets, I stayed strong! tried to do the flexi syn thing and i didnt drink half as much as I would before i joined SW and was straight back to normality on Sunday. So I was really p*ss*d off at weigh in.

My leader took my food diary so maybe she'll be able to help me.

I am doing my best this week and have been to gym twice already. and went to the cinema and brought my alpen light bars (hexb) and my walkers baked.

Hopefully will have the 2lb off next week or ill lose all motivation.

The key is to remember the "Superfree" have as many as you can - but at least 1/3 with everything! In other words if you having a cereal bar make sure you also have a piece of fruit! I lost 6 in my first week and nothing in the 2nd - realised that even though I hadn't gone over syns and had eaten lots of "free" foods I hadn't used "superfree" each time! back on track now with a losss of 2-3lbs each week without much exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Would someone have a look at what I ate today as I'm confused
    Will someone check this please?

So far I have had

porridge with water and muller light (Hexb)
    mandarin, banana and blackberries

muller light and mandarin
    milk in coffee through out day (Hexa)

baked potato with lots red pepper
    2 egg ommlette with 2 rashers,(3 or 4 syns) broccolli
    mandarin, blackberries and apple

I started with intention of doing a Green day but should have left out the rashers, or if I had changed to red day, I should have left out the spud.

What can I eat now? Starving

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH The chocolate cravings got me today. Can't even say how many choco bars I ate! Need more superfree, definitely!

noah45 wrote: »
    Would someone have a look at what I ate today as I'm confused
    Will someone check this please?

So far I have had

porridge with water and muller light (Hexb)
    mandarin, banana and blackberries

muller light and mandarin
    milk in coffee through out day (Hexa)

baked potato with lots red pepper
    2 egg ommlette with 2 rashers,(3 or 4 syns) broccolli
    mandarin, blackberries and apple

I started with intention of doing a Green day but should have left out the rashers, or if I had changed to red day, I should have left out the spud.

What can I eat now? Starving

Ok its too late for yesterday but hope this helps you for again. The above would be an extra easy day and your omlette would have been free unless you added butter or included rasher fat.
    After all this you could have eaten again. In my opinion you should have eaten more. You could have had rice, pasta more potatoes. Tuna chicken any lean meat the remaining 10 syns you had left could have gone a long way too. Its no wonder you were starving you only had two meals remember you are not limited to how much you can eat on slimming world once you make sure to eat 1/3 superfree foods you can eat as many meals as you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Daisy M wrote: »
    I have decided to have two alpen light bars as my hexb for the next few days I will have this in the eve as a snack. My usual hexb is 2 slices of ww wholemeal bread as part of my breakfast with beans.

Don't forget if you do a green day you get to have 2 healthy a's and 2 healthy b's. Then if you want to have meat with your dinner you simply syn it.

Green days are for vegetarians or for people who wish to cut down on the meat intake. You can still have meat but you have to use it as a healthy extra or simply syn the meat if you would rather have your sandwich and alpen bars during the day as healthy extras.
    Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi all just joined on Tuesday am a weight watchers veteran just looking for something new
    Just wondering how you guys manage when eating out. Have found it fine so far as have been cooking from scratch but will be out for lunch tomorrow not sure how I will manage

Always ask to have the sauce on the side if that's possible with the dish!

Don't forget folks the whole point of SW is to change our eating habits and live a healthy life while never being hungry and still getting to have smaller amounts of the usual junk food :pac: SW never ever makes you feel guilty and if your consultant does then quite frankly she/he is not doing their job and you should send an email to the powers that be!

If you go out at the weekend and know you will be having booze then do what you can to minimize the damage. Like cook a load of food before you start getting ready so when you come home at 3am there's a big dinner waiting for you :D Plus try and get a walk in before you head for the shower. Plus if you have no syns all that day before you go out then your first 3 and 1/2 drinks can be your syns for the day (if you drink spirits along with diet coke/diet7up)These kind of steps will help reduce the damage of the night! :)

Also from reading these pages I haven't noticed anyone mentioning the body magic side of things- the whole getting off yer bum and moving that bit extra. As my consultant says it doesn't mean you have to pound the pavements! Just any extra movement out of your usual routine is good. Good example is if you are doing the ironing downstairs then instead of taking a load of ironed clothes upstairs, take them up in small batches so you are forced to go up and down the stairs! :)

Alot of the older ladies at my group would put me to shame they go to aqua aerobics, swimming, walking....they are flat out! Once I get over my fear of water might give them things a go but a walk everyday will do me for now :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement