Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pan Am [ABC - SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Thought it was a good episode this week, Ted and Laura have good chemistry. The captain is certainly putting himself about. I hope this can last a season, because it is enjoyable to watch without having to make you think to hard. Nice easy evening viewing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Deadline reports ABC have added new showrunner and anticipate a back order!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/abcs-pan-am-adds-veteran-showrunner-steve-maeda-in-anticipation-of-back-order/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭squonk

It's shaping up not a bad show, not spectacular but quite good overall. Kate is a stunner, I'd watch it for her alone!

What's bugging me at this point is that part of the 'thing' each week is the new cities they go to. London, Paris, Berlin, Rome but surely that can't go on forever? One problem that I can see is that it becomes like any new air job, for a while the new cities are exciting and great, and for the audience the same. How long though before we're going 'Oh not another Paris episode...'. I'm not sure how well this show could pull 5 seasons without becoming a drudge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

i had high hopes for this or maybe its just that i liked the paper wrapping , watched two eppisodes so far and its left me completley cold , christina ricci isnt even quirky in it , they,ve left that roll to the french trolley dolly

Looking forward to tonights ep. - i've grown to like the show alot and greatful it's lasted longer then Playboy Club!

• Advertisement

Maggie........ :mad: , dreadful what she did to Dean! :mad: , dropped him right in the shiite just to save her own skin!, she's #1 on my list now. Not a great episode overall, way too much Maggie....i don't like the character at all, nor the actress.

I wasn't interested in her backstory or sobstory, you can't justify what she did to Dean and the mistress. Even poor old guliable Laura was dropped in it by Maggie, stolen goods.....thank god for Ted!

He saved the day once again, he's always there for Laura and bails her out, Kate and the spy stuff...she's been promoted!, lets see if she can turn Mr. ER doc.

Overall....not a great ep. 2/5

If you missed it, ABC ordered 5 additional scripts...not episodes but it's a positive sign that we'll either get 18 eps. or a full season, not sure it'll see a season 2 though, fresh ep. tonight and it looks good!

Pan Am sold to 107 countries, this might just be enough to at least see a full season order...dunno about a second, hopefully they have a plan to wrap the show if it gets axed.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/pan-am-off-to-strong-start-internationally/

I thought episode 7 was superb, it was the best since ep. 3 with Collette...Gaius Charles was awesome!, great chemistry between Laura and Gaius....the racism plot and relationship ship and of a black man and white woman was handled with alot of care and charm, also liked the Niko/Kate spy plot/love story....ep. was much better written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The most recent episode was my favourite so far, plenty of drama and some very good acting particularly Colette and Kate. How many more ways can they show that the Captain is one of the best pilots in the world.

Hopefully the show can get a full season, it deserves it the last few episodes have been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm kinda hoping for a Colette and Dean romance in future episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The most recent (Haiti) episode was really good. Quite tense in places and it was nice to show that life wasn't all swanning around the place for the airline crew.

I'm a little confused by how they're writing Laura. I didn't think she would be so cool with the
    gunmen on the plane
    . It just didn't seem right to me. They're probably trying to a make a "she's stronger than she looks" point or something, will wait and see.

Also, I've been predicting a future relationship between
    Kate and her CIA handler
    for a while so I'll lay my cards on the table and say it's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

unlucky lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Found the Haiti episode excellent, lots of great tension and nice story

Overall nice episode, like where they're going with this so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ABC are pulling an "NBC" and pulling both Pan Am and Man Up from their schedules from mid-season.
    ABC announced its midseason premiere schedule Friday, revealing that the new series "GCB" (short for "Good Christian Belles," originally "Good Christian Bitches") will occupy the slot following "Desperate Housewives," debuting Sunday, March 4 at 10 p.m.

Some prominent omissions from the midseason schedule -- the freshman comedy "Man Up," which has been struggling in the ratings, and which now has "Work It" in its 8:30 p.m. Tuesday timeslot, and "Pan Am," which previously had been in the post-"Housewives" slot that "GCB" is filling.

According to a network spokesperson, "Man Up" -- which finished shooting its original order approximately a week ago -- will run original episodes up to the Jan. 3 "Work It" premiere. Ths show's fate for next season's schedule hasn't been determined yet.

The midseason premieres begin Tuesday, Jan. 3 with the bow of "Work It." The much-anticipated "Celebrity Wife Swap" follows, and will occupy the Tuesday 9 p.m. timeslot.

The Ashley Judd drama "Missing," meanwhile, will premiere Thursday, March 15, occupying the 8 p.m. timeslot.

The new season of "Dancing With the Stars," meanwhile, will premiere Monday, March 19 at 8 p.m.
    Source: The Wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I hate Network television.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

This blows!....Deadline are reporting Pan Am might get just ONE additional ep. (ergo 14), but Sony ain't happy with that.....i think either way the show is grounded for good :(

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/abcs-body-of-proof-gets-order-for-3-more-episodes/

I think the extra ep. was just to allow them to wrap up the show, anyone take bets of Ted/Laura hooking up + dean/Colette?....maybe a flashforward and they are all loved up, Kate is working for a CIA as a superspy, Maggie makes it big in the Warhol scene and writes poetry and is a guru...lol!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/18/abc-mid-season-fallout-pan-am-man-up-defacto-canceled-cougar-town-order-cut-no-premiere-date-scandal-apartment-23-missing-in-action/111246/

Grrrrr!....:mad: dunno how i didn't spot this, but remember when Maggie threw Dean under the bus to save her career?....well the next ep. was SUPPOSED to be "Romance Languages", but got scrapped! :eek:

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2011/11/07/pan-am-truth-or-dare/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1826805/board/thread/190780972

Instead they went into the Gaius Charles racism ep......mad as hell! :mad:
    To add insult, PA is on a three week hiatus!!!! :mad::mad::rolleyes::(

I didn't think I'd be sorry to hear of Pan Am's passing but, surprisingly, I am.
    I expected we'd get a season out of it anyway and would never have bet on only 14 episodes. I'd have thought thought that being bought so well internationally would have guaranteed a season pickup anyway.

What happens here? Somebody mentioned that the series was bought in 107 countries. I would have thought the revenue from that would have been at least as good as the revenue from a home audience? Heck, there's only 2 weeks difference between RTE & NBC I think, or something very similar so the revenue is almost instant too. It seems strange! I presume a lot of those international stations payed X up front to get the show so quickly and had to commit to buying a season?

Actually, it kind of begs a wider question too. Is it worth stations like RTE bidding on promising new series that, had they waited a year, would probably make it on late at night as filler for the summer break, and at a knock down price as well?

• Advertisement

I didn't think I'd be sorry to hear of Pan Am's passing but, surprisingly, I am.
    I expected we'd get a season out of it anyway and would never have bet on only 14 episodes. I'd have thought thought that being bought so well internationally would have guaranteed a season pickup anyway.

What happens here? Somebody mentioned that the series was bought in 107 countries. I would have thought the revenue from that would have been at least as good as the revenue from a home audience? Heck, there's only 2 weeks difference between RTE & NBC I think, or something very similar so the revenue is almost instant too. It seems strange! I presume a lot of those international stations payed X up front to get the show so quickly and had to commit to buying a season?

Actually, it kind of begs a wider question too. Is it worth stations like RTE bidding on promising new series that, had they waited a year, would probably make it on late at night as filler for the summer break, and at a knock down price as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Rio

God Laura's whingey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Can't believe Maggie shopped in Dean......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is Ashely Green in the last ep then i'd be happy

is Ashely Green in the last ep then i'd be happy

She's in the last four eps.

Mini catchup last night, watched ep. 8/9....wow @ ep. 8, poor Henry!....shocked and stunned they just left his body on the runway, in a foreign country, no dignity or burial :eek: :(

Ep. 9 was all very shippy and lovey dovey, Dean+Colette = barn sex! ;)
    Laura+Ted = so close!, Laura's eyes nearly popped outta her head when she heard all the lovely things Ted said about her.....i really liked both eps.

I like the romance and the cheesy drama, it looks amazing, likeable characters expect that horrid Maggie :mad:

Dunno....it warms my shipper heart this show :)

Nice cliffhanger ending with Kate, and a gun, and a struggle and a knife.

LOL!...Ted in this ep. - zingers galore!, love Ted....Laura is now officially on board with shipping TeLaura :p

Dean you idiot!!!!! :rolleyes: - poor Colette :( , snooty Bridgette comes back,throws some doe eyes and eejit Ted jumps into bed with her....still though, i kinda buy her and Ted more then Colette....dunno, part of me wants to have Col turn lesbo!!!!! :D

Kate, now officially onboard with the spy game....it was the usual mix of relationshippy stuff with added Kate spygame.....i love the show though :)

It's light and breezy, fun....looks great, nice characters [besides Maggie], some goods laughs from Ted, it's a shippers dream show. :)

Ratings.......... :(:(:(

RIP Pan Am, series low with a 1.3 demo, it's dead....Ted: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/09/tv-ratings-sunday-tebow-time-lifts-cbs-to-easy-win-the-firm-premieres-weakly-once-upon-a-time-shoots-up/115771/

• Advertisement

Episode 11 was brutal!...very badly written and plotholes galore....i know it's not a realistic show and previous eps. were like swiss cheese anyways, but this was abnormally bad.
    The Ted proposal was just shoehorned in, not given any weight....then Amanda kisses Maggie, lol!....lesbo subplot added, great [not]

Bloody Bridgette, the sneaky smile on her face when she saw Dean and Colette break up....she makes my blood boil!, ugh....two episodes left, i expect cliffhangers and zero resolutions in the finale.

Advertisement