Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rockhound

Stone Carving Classes
    Hi there,

This is for anybody interested in Stone Carving Classes in the Dublin area.
    We are currently running classes from our D15 studios.

All levels welcome, we cover all handcarving techniques such as pitching, punching, clawtooling and chiseling. The idea is to come away from the classes with a better understanding of carving and a finished stone sculpture of your own.

The classes are on 6.30 - 9.30 Monday evenings for 6 weeks and start 4th March 2013. Classes costs 200 euro which includes your stone.

To get more information log onto www.richardhealysculptures.com
    My contact details are available on the website. Get in touch and I will forward on all relevant info to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Any fine art classes in the Dublin city area that people know of? For a beginner...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maisie

Reborn Doll making workshop.

Hi,
    I am holding a reborn doll making workshop in Dublin on March 23rd and 24th. Everything will be supplied and you take home your own completed reborn baby at the end of the two days. Please PM me for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yvonne tune

Hi everyone
    I have a few places left for the
    Complete Wedding Stationery Package,
    at the Crafty Bride Wedding Stationery Studio
    In the Kilkenny Retail Centre
    James St, Kilkenny
    For this Coming Sunday 24th of February
    Time 10.30 to 5.30

This workshop will suit Brides to be, and Card Makers,
    who want to make Wedding Stationery,
    as part of their Handmade Card Range.

At this workshop, I am teaching things a bit different
    as the morning will be an instructive demonstration.
    Demonstrating 6 different styles and colour schemes, of full sets of Wedding Stationery. all different.
    Every design shown will have an instruction sheet.
    and you will receive blank cards pre-scored to make following the designs easier at home.
    Also lots of beautiful favours, and table accessories.
    You will receive a full set of instruction for every set demonstrated.

Save the date cards
    Invitation
    Evening invites
    Order of service booklets
    Place Settings
    Favour Boxes
    Menu Cards
    and lots more pretty finishing touches
    Lunch 1.00 to 2.00

The Afternoon we will work in groups of 6,

each group taking on a different theme,
    you will recreate a full design set.
    And you will receive 3 different cards
    in kit form to make at home, or on the day if you have time.
    Bring a camera, and a note book,
    as during the day, there might be extra details you want to take down,
    and the last hour you can ask questions and get advice on the design you choose.

Extra’s you might like to bring
    A Basic tool kit and a selection of adhesives.
    A glue gun if you have one, as this helps speed up the class.
    A packed lunch, and some soft drinks. although you might like to go out to lunch, 1.00 to 2.00
    Tea/coffee/and refreshments supplied all day.
    A cushion as you will be sitting most of the day, (you’ll thank me )

[Mod Snip: NO MOBILE NUMBERS HERE> CONTACT ON THIS FORUM IS BY PM ONLY]
    any questions please get in touch.

Many thanks
    Yvonne xx

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Hi

I'm currently running craft classes on Monday evenings in Letterkenny.
    Something different every week, with embellishments & decorations in March and wedding crafts in April.
    PM me for details.

TB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 antb

Hi my name is Danielle were are holding an event in the RDS in march was woundering if anyine was interested in taking a trade stand if so om me for more information looking forward in hearing from you

Stone Carving Classes
    Hi there,

There are two remaining places available in this class. Starting monday

This is for anybody interested in Stone Carving Classes in the Dublin area.

All levels welcome, we cover all handcarving techniques such as pitching, punching, clawtooling and chiseling. The idea is to come away from the classes with a better understanding of carving and a finished stone sculpture of your own.

The classes are on 6.30 - 9.30 Monday evenings for 6 weeks and start 4th March 2013. Classes costs 200 euro which includes your stone.

My contact details are available on the website. Get in touch and I will forward on all relevant info to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

MULLINGAR CRAFT CIRCLE.
    Meets tomorrow and every Tuesday evening at 7pm in Youth Cafe, Spoutwell Lane.
    Everyone welcome!

Creative Card Making Workshop
    With Card Art Kilcoole
    Saturday the 16th of March
    Time 10.00 to 5.30
    New Oak Community Centre
    Carlow
    Theme; All things Vintage.
    Ladies and gents cards covered in this workshop
    with a lovely vintage style. We will make 5 projects at this workshop, and all kits come with full instructions, so you can repeat the designs at home.

This workshop would suit Beginners as well as Advanced, as we work in 2 groups, giving more hands on help to the beginners, allowing the more advanced card makers time to chat while they craft.

Full day workshop €40.00
    Please bring a pack lunch,
    Tea/coffee supplied all day.
    Full Details on our Blog
    http://cardartblogkilcoole.blogspot.ie/

Creative Card Making Workshop
    At The Crafty Bride Wedding Stationery Studio
    Kilkenny Retail Centre
    Saturday April 13th
    Time 10.30 to 5.30
    Theme; Special Birthdays and Occasions

The Ladies have requested a mixed selection of styles and occasions, to inc some special "O" Birthdays
    and Communion Cards.
    This workshop will suit Beginners as well as advanced crafter's
    as I work in 2 groups with the help of Margaret Driver and Marion Kilbride, giving more hands on help to anyone who needs it, allowing the more advanced crafters time to chat while they craft. everyone Welcome.
    Full details on my blog http://cardarteventskilcoole.blogspot.ie/
    with contact numbers for booking a place.
    many thanks
    Yvonne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 seanog2ie

Hi

INDOOR FOOD & CRAFT Fair
    When: Sunday 28th April 2013.
    Where: The Sports Hall, St. Mary’s Church, The Claddagh, Galway
    Time: 9am – 3pm

Pitches: €20.00

Or copy and paste the following website address:
    //stmcrafts.yolasite.com

Spaces are given on a first come first served basis.

Thanks
    Sean Murray
    STM Food & Craft Fairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Treasa0509

Open air art exhibitions at the Bishop’s Palace

Are you an artist? Would you like to display your work on the railings outside the beautiful Bishop’s Palace in Waterford’s Viking Triangle this summer? A series of open-air art exhibitions will take place on the railings in front ofthe Bishop’s Palace from May to September. Open-air art exhibitions are very popular in many European cities and can be seen regularly in Dublin on St.Stephen’s Green and Merrion Square. The free open-air weekend art exhibitions entitled ‘Art at the Palace’ are being organised by the Waterford Museum of Treasures and will take place once a month on Saturdays. If you are interested in taking part, please contact Tracey O’Meara by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Hi All,

If anyone would like to enjoy a very relaxing week at a BOG OAK AND STONE CREATIVE WORKSHOP in the picturesque heartland of Connemara, reply to this thread or PM me and I can send you on booking details.

Details of dates and cost are below.

Dates:

21st May - 24th May 2013
    4th June - 7th June 2013
    2nd July - 5th July 2013

Cost:

€375 for bogoak/€395 for stone - price includes raw materials, tuition, refreshments and use of sculpting tools and your beautiful finshed product.

For further info see www.celticretreet.com

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

My newest project that im delighted to announce, There will be a art weekend run out of derrybeg donegal on the weekend 0f the 23rd-25th August . The weekend will be based around primitive art and will be taught by the world famous Tory Island Painters, Patsy Dan Rodgers King of Tory and Daniel Cullen . the total cost of the course is €300 which includes two nights bed and breakfast with one evening meal.
    If anybody is interested in this course please message me on here [Mod Snip - read charter]

Stone Carving Classes

Hi there,

There are two remaining places available in this class. Starting Tuesday 16th July

This is for anybody interested in Stone Carving Classes in the Dublin area. It is a 6 week class. Free stone and use our tools.

The classes are on 6.30 - 9.30 Tuesday evenings for 6 weeks and start 16th July 2013. Classes costs 200 euro which includes your stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Im looking for craft classes - pretty much anything at all - from textiles to rushes - or a group in the sligo/mayo area interested in crafts. Ive scoured the local newspapers and the internet and have had no joy. (well I lie, I have heard of knitting groups but Ive tried and failed too many times with knitting so I choose to pretend it doesnt exist!)

Is there some secret crafty underground movement out there? I thought this might be the right place to ask

Im looking for craft classes - pretty much anything at all - from textiles to rushes - or a group in the sligo/mayo area interested in crafts. Ive scoured the local newspapers and the internet and have had no joy. (well I lie, I have heard of knitting groups but Ive tried and failed too many times with knitting so I choose to pretend it doesnt exist!)

Is there some secret crafty underground movement out there? I thought this might be the right place to ask

Have you tried contacting The Crafter's Basket to see if they know of anyone holding classes? Or any craft shop in your area (as that is where tutors may be buying supplies from)?

You could also try Mindhives. Here's what's going on in Sligo and this is the link for Mayo.
    Irish Craft Update lists craft fairs, classes and suppliers across the country.
    And the Crafts Council of Ireland now have a search option for classes and other events.
    You are likely to find daytime and weekend courses listed at any of the above. There will probably be a much better selection of evening classes from September onwards, likewise in your local papers.

PS Have just googled and found Derryaun Craft Workshops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Art in the Open has kicked off - running since Monday - in various locations around County Wexford. Paintings produced will be on show in the Greenacres Gallery from Monday evening :)

More info: www.artintheopen.org
    quickdraw2.jpg
    Say hello if you see anyone out and about in your travels over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 justbe

Soap craft class, we show you everything from cold process soap, melt and pour soap, colours, fragrences and different design techniques
    Should be lots of fun :)

Mod snip:
    PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1 handmAid

handmAid craft day happens this coming Saturday in Damer Hall, Stephen's Green, Dublin. Raising money for homelessness in Dublin through crafting (www.homeless.ie). See www.handmaidcraftday.com, www.bookwhen.com/handmaid, and @handmaidcraft. There are craft classes going on all day, a giant stitch n bitch, a coffee and cake sale table, a market stall with really cheap craft supplies (that have been donated by Dublin craft shops), and lots of craic. Five euro in the door, this is included in your class price if you take a class. Lots of knitting, crochet, origami, quilting, beading, wet felting etc.

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Hope it's okay to mention here that my craft classes in Letterkenny are now underway again. I'm teaching knitting, candlemaking, jewellery, cardmaking and more. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hamo79

I am hosting a workshop with Margi Kanter from Chicago, this would be of interest to anyone who already is a face painter and wants to improve their skills or just learn a new style.
    Margi's style is very different, as she uses the nose the main body of a character or design, "pick your nose" is one of her published books.

I am actively encouraging the enhancement of the standard of Face painting in Ireland, by organising international face painters to come to us and also jam events where we can pass on tips and tricks and network.

If you would be interested in this event of being connected to the networking event, please pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JansStuff

Friday Morning Card Making Workshops in TALLAGHT Start this Friday
    Location: St. Dominics National School, St. Dominics Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
    Starts Friday 20th September 10am - 12 noon - MORNINGS
    Fee: €31
    Design your own cards Birthday, Baby, Wedding, Sympathy etc...making 6 cards per class approx.. all materials are included in fee. To book your place please contact the school directly at http://www.acenetwork.ie

Monday Evening Card Making Workshops in DUNDRUM Start Sept 30th
    My Card Making Workshops will start Monday September 30th in St. Tiernan's Community School in Balally Dublin 16. This course will run for 8 weeks from 7.30 - 9.30 (subject to enough enrolments). It costs €90. To book your place, please call the school directly at at 01-2953224/087 2235741 or visit their website http://www.adultedtiernans.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ethiopia deaf project

Hope I am posting in the right place...

Spread the word

We would like to announce the date of this years Charity Christmas Fair in aid of the Ethiopian Deaf Project.
    So for anyone interested in taking a stand:

Date -Sunday 8th Dec
    Venue - Ballyphehane Community Centre
    Time - 12.30 -
    Contact via PM
    Cost - €50 per stand (2 tables provided)
    All money goes directly to the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Scotshall

Tables available at a fundraising Christmas Craft & Gift Fair

Where: The Scots Hall (Corner of Clontarf/Howth Road, Dublin 3)
    When: Fri 22nd Nov & Sat 23rd Nov '13

pm for details

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Welcome to boards

Can't imagine you're allowed advertise here

vicwatson wrote: »
    Welcome to boards

Can't imagine you're allowed advertise here

Please use the report post function in future if you are unsure if a post is permitted. In this case, for this forum, I think it is ok in this thread. Contact via PM only and it is fundraising. People are regularly looking for craft fairs to participate in around here, though it is a fine line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fmh0623

Hi there, over the past 2 years I have gathered huge amounts if card making equipment, big shot, dies, stamps, markers, decorative pieces, card stock etc etc. I no longer have the time to give to card making and I would like to sell everything to someone that would actually get use out of it.
    Could anyone advise me on best place to sell this?
    Thanks

Fmh0623 wrote: »
    Hi there, over the past 2 years I have gathered huge amounts if card making equipment, big shot, dies, stamps, markers, decorative pieces, card stock etc etc. I no longer have the time to give to card making and I would like to sell everything to someone that would actually get use out of it.
    Could anyone advise me on best place to sell this?
    Thanks

Not here anyway :) Perhaps try adverts.ie or ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Yeah for sure your best place is Adverts.

Advertisement