Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a full Irish Driving Licence

• 20-06-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Right I'm planning on getting my provisional licence in a few weeks when I turn 17.
    I have my theory done 40/40 :D.
    What I'm not sure of is do I have to wait at least six months before I can take my driving test or is it once I have completed the 12 or 13 lessons.
    Is there any loop hole of doing the test a few weeks after getting your provisional.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

moestavern wrote: »
    Right I'm planning on getting my provisional licence in a few weeks when I turn 17.
    I have my theory done 40/40 :D.
    What I'm not sure of is do I have to wait at least six months before I can take my driving test or is it once I have completed the 12 or 13 lessons.
    Is there any loop hole of doing the test a few weeks after getting your provisional.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

There's a Learning to Drive forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909
    From their FAQ

10. What requirements do I have to fulfill before I can sit my driving test?

You must wait six months from the issue date of your first learner permit before you can sit a driving test (although you may apply for your test in advance). This six-month wait will be waived for applicants who have held a full driving licence in another country for at least six months.

If your first Category B learner permit was issued on or after 4 April 2011, you must also complete the Essential Driver Training (EDT) programme, which includes taking 12 mandatory driving lessons with an ADI and keeping a log of your accompanied practice with a sponsor. Drivers who hold full licences from other countries are not exempt from EDT.

If your learner permit was issued before 4 April 2011, you are not required to complete the EDT programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You must wait the 6 months AND do your 12 mandatory lessons before you can sit your test. There are no loopholes in your case.

Advertisement