Games for a 6 year old - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-02-2012, 05:16   #16
nesf
Registered User
 
nesf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 26,082
Lego games, my 5 year old is obsessed with them.
nesf is offline  
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 11:02   #17
Newaglish
Registered User
 
Newaglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,294
Gonna pop in and buy whatever lego games I can get my hands on, sounds like a popular choice, cheers!
Newaglish is offline  
27-02-2012, 10:18   #18
Chris_Heilong
Registered User
 
Chris_Heilong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dublin North
Posts: 2,860
Anything with Sonic.
Mario games
Rayman
Plants vs Zombies
Spiderman (seems to be a big deal with all the year olds)

there are many games in all these francises and most are perfect for young kids, if your son is a little more advanced than the average 6 year old then maybe Car games.

My 6 year old really likes Split Second and Burnout Paradise city at the moment
Chris_Heilong is offline  
27-02-2012, 12:51   #19
Completionist
Registered User
 
Completionist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
Anything with Sonic.
Mario games
Rayman
Plants vs Zombies
Spiderman(seems to be a big deal with all the year olds)

there are many games in all these francises and most are perfect for young kids, if your son is a little more advanced than the average 6 year old then maybe Car games.

My 6 year old really likes Split Second and Burnout Paradise city at the moment
Does it mean I have the mind of a 6 year old if I still play these games?
Completionist is offline  
27-02-2012, 12:59   #20
mcgovern
Registered User
 
mcgovern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kildare
Posts: 3,140
The Viva Pinata games for the 360 are good.
mcgovern is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 20:05   #21
Chris_Heilong
Registered User
 
Chris_Heilong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dublin North
Posts: 2,860
Saw a guy in Gamestop today asking the staff to recommend a good game for a 6 year old, the dad said the games he is playing at the moment are Call of Duty and Gears of war and the father want to get his son off them, so out of all the games in the store the father could ask about..he picked up GTA and asked "is this one alright for the wee lad?" The staff member stopped for a moment and then told the guy that that was the worst game for a six year old they had
Chris_Heilong is offline  
03-03-2012, 20:57   #22
ShadowHearth
Registered User
 
ShadowHearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Co. cork
Posts: 17,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
Saw a guy in Gamestop today asking the staff to recommend a good game for a 6 year old, the dad said the games he is playing at the moment are Call of Duty and Gears of war and the father want to get his son off them, so out of all the games in the store the father could ask about..he picked up GTA and asked "is this one alright for the wee lad?" The staff member stopped for a moment and then told the guy that that was the worst game for a six year old they had
fair play to staff?
ShadowHearth is offline  
03-03-2012, 22:59   #23
RobbingBandit
Registered User
 
RobbingBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,748
Sonic Allstar Racing is a good choice,or Uncharted 1 or 2.
RobbingBandit is offline  
03-03-2012, 23:18   #24
Dozen Wicked Words
Moderator
 
Dozen Wicked Words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbingBandit View Post
Sonic Allstar Racing is a good choice,or Uncharted 1 or 2.
Uncharted 1 and 2 are both 15 certificate. The first one has undead descendants in it, second one has scary looking guardian fellas. Smattering of swearing, people getting shot etc. Great games but not for 6 year old I don't think.
Dozen Wicked Words is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 23:34   #25
RobbingBandit
Registered User
 
RobbingBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferoaks View Post
Uncharted 1 and 2 are both 15 certificate. The first one has undead descendants in it, second one has scary looking guardian fellas. Smattering of swearing, people getting shot etc. Great games but not for 6 year old I don't think.
Good point
RobbingBandit is offline  
03-03-2012, 23:59   #26
Coriolanus
Registered User
 
Coriolanus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,805
Send a message via MSN to Coriolanus Send a message via Skype™ to Coriolanus
Isn't there a minecraftclone of some description on xbla?
Coriolanus is offline  
04-03-2012, 18:31   #27
Fieldog
Registered User
 
Fieldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferoaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbingBandit View Post
Sonic Allstar Racing is a good choice,or Uncharted 1 or 2.
Uncharted 1 and 2 are both 15 certificate. The first one has undead descendants in it, second one has scary looking guardian fellas. Smattering of swearing, people getting shot etc. Great games but not for 6 year old I don't think.
Each situation and child are different,

I have 2 7 & 8 year old boys who really loved UC2 & UC3, its one of the only "older games" their mam or I would allow them play.... fair enough Drake says shìt enough times throughout both games but they know its a bad word and only grown ups are allowed say it....

It's the Indiana Jones for our generation of games in my opinion and they had great craic solving the puzzles throughout the games...

As I said though, every parent/guardian is different....

And of course its up to us to decide are certain games suitable, I wouldn't be letting them on GTA4, put it that way!
Fieldog is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet