Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC user

• 13-09-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

We have a hkc 1070 that texts us events . We had a series

ENTRY DELAY11:09:56

ENTRY FAULT 11.10:26

ALARM Hall beam 11:10:26

A neighbour with a key arrived later and door was locked and alarm had reset itself.
    Is this sequence of events common for a false alarm. Seems someone opened door with a key , beam detected, had no code , alarm sounded and they locked door again ?....conspiracy begins

Also, the system does not warn if a window is open when setting , then once timer finishes the alarm goes off and i am usually on the road . How do I change this to not set /warn me if something is open

Is there an engineers manual for accessing full features etc.
    Installer has since left the business....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

if you get the new version soft wear it tell your when your arming the contact is open go back to the installer he should be able to upload the new version for you @ a charge of course and the log doesn't lie someone was in your house no doubt the fact there was two different sensors tripped is no false alarm also the sysem will rearm after 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Is the window set up as an entry exit zone or looped in with a back door thats set for entry exit ? If you try to arm the system for instant 0#5 while the window is open will it alert you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

Thanks

As far as I can tell the back door and back windows are all linked as one zone . If this door or any windows are open there is no warning when setting.s
    If I need a software update what kind of price should I expect to pay an installer ?
    Original installer gone from the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Robbie71 wrote: »
    Thanks

As far as I can tell the back door and back windows are all linked as one zone . If this door or any windows are open there is no warning when setting.s
    If I need a software update what kind of price should I expect to pay an installer ?
    Original installer gone from the business.

A software upgrade will do absolutely nothing for this problem. Your back windows should not be programmed as an exit/ entry type zone. What you need is hopefully a bit of wiring reconfiguration by a professional installer.

I would have thought it should notify when anything is open irrespective of whats linked to a zone ,
    The same happens for front of house which has window and doors zoned seperately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

The zone type weather it be entry exit or alarm dictates if the system will arm with that zone open, if a window is programmed to an entry exit zone it will allow the system to arm if its open, if it's programmed as an alarm zone it will not allow arming when open, you should have the installer change this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

ShanE90 wrote: »
    The zone type weather it be entry exit or alarm dictates if the system will arm with that zone open, if a window is programmed to an entry exit zone it will allow the system to arm if its open, if it's programmed as an alarm zone it will not allow arming when open, you should have the installer change this for you.

Also if the zone is set up for access it will do the same.

Thanks All for your replies,
    Took a while but I have it now :o

Thanks All for your replies,
    Took a while but I have it now :o

What was the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

him lol

• Advertisement

stuartkee wrote: »
    him lol
    :D

:D

The reason I asked was you said your original installer was gone from the business.

Installer did set up back door and windows as exit points so when I set alarm I dont know if any of these are open until timer finishes and alarm goes off.
    It took a while for me to understand this,
    He left the business not went out of business

Installer did set up back door and windows as exit points so when I set alarm I dont know if any of these are open until timer finishes and alarm goes off.
    It took a while for me to understand this,
    He left the business not went out of business

You would need the sensors put on a different zone if you want the back door set up as entry/exit. Having them all on the same zone is not a good idea. A default and reprogram should sort it out for you other than rewiring these sensors.

Advertisement