Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second-Hand Books

• 25-07-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, does anybody know where I could find second-hand java books in Dublin?

Or, is buying them second-hand even a good idea?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hi, does anybody know where I could find second-hand java books in Dublin?

Or, is buying them second-hand even a good idea?

"Chapters", now moved from Abbey St to Parnell St, used to sell second hand computer books.

Java has evolved over time, from JDK 2, JDK 5... etc.
    Any version of Java from JDK 2 onwards will give you the basic syntax, how to compile and run Java programs etc.

JDK 5 introduced generics, annotations and enhanced for-loops.
    So ideally, you should aim for a book that covers JDK 5+.

Alternatively, look in Adverts or post a wanted-ad in adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Are you a member of a public library?
    I expected most of them would have Java books, to get you started.
    How many people have bought books and only quickly glanced through them the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 upsidedown forklift

Thanks for advice and time guys, I can't believe I hadn't thought about my public library! I know there is mountains of information on the web but it is nice to take a heavy technical manual with you to bed rather than the glare of a screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Check on line for ebooks. You can get plenty of them for free without going to the expense of buying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

and if you're gonna buy them new get them off amazon,they are normally around 40/50 € new in shops here,get them for 25 sterling(give or take 31€) with free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 upsidedown forklift

I would, but like I said above, I find it quite difficult to study from a screen after being on the computer for 8 hours previously.

Advertisement