Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning after pill question

• 31-01-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi first time poster so be kind! ;)

i had to take the morning after pill the week before xmas as, even though i was on the pill, i'd been on antibiotics (finished 9 days prev) and was a bit worried.

now i got my period as normal bout 9 days later and took pregnancy test 19 days after condom broke (per test's instructions) and it came back negative (happy days! :D).

my question is: for anyone who's taken the morning after pill and is on the pill as well, did your period change the next month or so as in shorter etc?

i suppose i just wanna check cos mine was shorter this month although otherwise same ie pain, 'flow' etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes it can change due to the mega dose of the hormoane ( it equals 6 months of the regular combined pills ) that the emgerancy contraceptive pill contains.

If you are not happy with your cycle go back to your dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't know once I got a negative pregnancy test I hardly noticed anything different about my period. Your periods tend to shorten the longer you are on the pill anyway, well so I have noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks a million

i suppose there's just a part of me freaking out that i could be pregnant because tbh it's a huge fear with where i am in my life right now.

my cycle is usually 2 days of my period then it disappears for 2/3 and comes back for one so i suppose i just freaked out when it never came back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

No hard and fast rule when it comes to taking large doses of hormones like that, period could come early or late, heavy or unusally light, no way of telling really. You are fine though so don't worry and fair play for being vigilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You were correct to take the MAP when taking antibiotics on the pill. The MAP is a massive does of hormones, so it wouldn't be surprising that your period has been thrown out of whack.

• Advertisement
Advertisement