Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Siemens SPC Panel - Firmware update

• 13-09-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hello All,

I've got a Siemens SPC5300 panel. It's currently on firmware version 3.4.5. Does anybody know if this is the most up to date version? Where can updates be obtained?

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi Leo.

Did you install this yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

leo738 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I've got a Siemens SPC5300 panel. It's currently on firmware version 3.4.5. Does anybody know if this is the most up to date version? Where can updates be obtained?

Thanks,

Leo

Best to send Koolkid a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭leo738

Hello Fred,

Yes, installed myself, the panel came with the update on a CD.
    Best to send Koolkid a PM

Ok, will do.

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭leo738

Hello again,

I see Vanderbilt have a website for downloading some documents & software but no firmware. Is there an official location to download updates?

I'm still using the firmware with the compromised SSLv3 protocol. Has there being any update to it?

Regards,

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 12 supershipman

What is latest firmware for spc 4320 - now I have v.3.6

is any firmware update for key ? 421 ?

I was looking for downloading - but I cant find :(

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭altor

What is latest firmware for spc 4320 - now I have v.3.6

is any firmware update for key ? 421 ?

I was looking for downloading - but I cant find :(

Thanks

Only way to get the software is by contacting Vanderbilt or a local installer to flash the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With the SPC v2 Portal v2 most good installers could easily do this remotely for you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Hi,

Looking to get the latest 3.8.5 firmware for the SPC 5300 - going from 3.7.1. Vanderbilt don't list firmware downloads on the https://vanderbiltindustries.com website but I did find it on : https://www.spcsupportinfo.com/SPCConnectPro/

Has anyone downloaded from there before?

Claims to be the Irish arm of Vanderbilt on the website but does not list any contact details. Whois seems to have the same address as what the CRO and Google list as the address for the registered company in Ireland called Vanderbilt International (Irl) Limited. But the website has been created with an easily purchased .com and a free wordpress theme and doesn't look very professional like the main Vanderbilt website. Hosting of the site is hiding behind securi.net so can't see where the site is actually hosted either.

The zip file seems to include everything needed for the upgrade and has a PDF document that lists a Product Manager who's name checks out online as working for Vanderbilt. Still a bit nervous about applying the firmware as at the back of my head the website doesn't seem completely legit.

Sorry for digging up old thread just seemed the right place to put this.

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

An eng call out will poss be required. Alot of the engineers out their wont have the firmware. They are not a user friendly panel. Dont like europlex signet or the siemens panels.

What do you find not user friendly?
    It is the best panel I have seen /used for programming.
    A very easy to follow browser interface for programming and operation.

Ok for progamming and browser ok. Why does so many installers stay away from them? They are more geared for indust premises, not domestic. Your a man that uses them alot?

Many installer's generally only know one or two panels and are afraid of anything else.
    Astec was one of the easiest systems to install and programme and yet there are lots of installers who won't touch them either.

You have a point mate. I would know about nearly every panel out there today, also all the analog panels. All Horizon/Itec/aritec/ scroptonic vista 5/ scroptonic homeguard/ Astec/ identifer/ verifer/ Hkc/ Risco etc. Hkc panel unlocking when eng locked etc including 10/70 Quantum.

All easy when you get rid of the fear ðŸ˜

You have it off to a tee😆 keep up the good work.

Advertisement