Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should I ring hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Rang hospital back again and spoke to nurse who's treating her. She is fully conscious but very dizzy. Has no appetite but apart from that seems to be fine. Her condition is stable. Will drop over flowers if I have time tomorrow (it's a 2 hr round trip) Glad to hear she seems to be ok. Was really stressing out about it.

Thanks for all the advice here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

You should be very proud of what you did. I was first on the scene of an accident about 15 years ago. A youngster fell off his bike.We weren't sure if he had been hit by a car. Anyway the ambulance took him away and we heard no more. Several months later we were in a pub locally -one we wouldnt be in too often. Someone sent us over a round of drinks and it turned out to be the young lad's parents. They had spent ages trying to find out who we were to thank us and even had us mentioned in mass! I remember kneeling on the ground with the boy and being mighty cold etc when I got up. I was a number of months pregnant at the time and it was bloody uncomfortable! One of my better good deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,509 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Meathlass wrote: »
    Rang hospital back again and spoke to nurse who's treating her. She is fully conscious but very dizzy. Has no appetite but apart from that seems to be fine. Her condition is stable. Will drop over flowers if I have time tomorrow (it's a 2 hr round trip) Glad to hear she seems to be ok. Was really stressing out about it.

Thanks for all the advice here.

Great what you done. You might have the Florence Nightingale effect?

Boggles wrote: »
    Great what you done. You might have the Florence Nightingale effect?

God no, I have absolutely no patience. I'd be the worst nurse in the world!

God no, I have absolutely no patience. I'd be the worst nurse in the world!

Florence Nightengale effect is when you fall for the patient. :)

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Florence Nightengale effect is when you fall for the patient. :)

Well considering she was a middle age woman with a husband and 2 kids she's not my type! Doubt I'm her's either :)

Well considering she was a middle age woman with a husband and 2 kids she's not my type! Doubt I'm her's either :)

Haha. Suppose not. :)

Advertisement